|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The city smells.
(b) The political tension.
(c) The violence.
(d) The food.
2. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
(a) Rozsi only spoke to baby.
(b) She wanted to go away.
(c) She liked her teacher.
(d) Rozsi was engaged to Farenc.
3. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
(a) To have milk for the children.
(b) To sell goat cheese.
(c) To assert her defiance.
(d) To have fresh meat.
4. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
(a) A small gift in return for Passover food.
(b) The name of a smuggler.
(c) Information about Dr. Feher.
(d) Food for Passover.
5. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He helped the family get Lilli released.
(b) He cared for mother in her distress.
(c) He smuggled money and food to the family.
(d) He reported them to the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
2. What did Mother return from doing, at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
4. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
5. What did Piri anticipate when this visitor came to the farm?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)