|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
(a) Betray the Jews in the town or have the entire town destroyed.
(b) Give up the Jews in hiding, or his family would be beaten and raped.
(c) Pay a large sum, or the religious leaders would be killed.
(d) Leave Beregszasz or be killed.
2. How did this ultimatum affect Mother?
(a) She gave up her savings.
(b) She got ready to leave.
(c) She vowed never to leave the house.
(d) She refused to give up any names.
3. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
(a) She adjusted reluctantly.
(b) She adjusted quickly.
(c) She adjusted painfully.
(d) She could not quite adjust.
4. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To the school.
(d) To the hospital.
5. Why was Mother upset in the beginning of chapter 12?
(a) Lilli had been taken away.
(b) Lilli had been beaten.
(c) Iboya had been arrested.
(d) Father had been injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
2. What made Piri ill?
3. Whom did Iboya go with to these clandestine gatherings?
4. How old does Piri say the people were at these secret gatherings?
5. What was Farenc sad to tell Piri?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)