|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
(a) She adjusted reluctantly.
(b) She adjusted quickly.
(c) She adjusted painfully.
(d) She could not quite adjust.
2. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
(a) Leave Beregszasz or be killed.
(b) Betray the Jews in the town or have the entire town destroyed.
(c) Give up the Jews in hiding, or his family would be beaten and raped.
(d) Pay a large sum, or the religious leaders would be killed.
3. Where were Jews being taken?
(a) To work camps.
(b) To a ghetto.
(c) To death camps.
(d) To work in factories.
4. How did Mother change after her trip outside the city?
(a) She became more suspicious.
(b) She began to go crazy.
(c) She began to hear voices all the time.
(d) She got sick.
5. How old does Piri say the people were at these secret gatherings?
(c) Forties and fifties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Mother and Piri hear were likely in the procession somewhere?
2. What did the family know was coming?
3. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
4. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
5. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)