|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to hide it.
(b) They had to steal food for it.
(c) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(d) They had to bring it home at night.
2. What did Mother return from doing, at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Looking for Iboya.
(b) Buying matzo.
(c) Looking for work.
(d) Visiting the synagogue.
3. What did Lilli decide to give up?
(a) Her dream of school.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) Her savings.
(d) Her plans to emigrate.
4. What did mother express concern over?
(a) Rozsi's plans to go to America.
(b) Piri's relationship with her teacher.
(c) Piri's interest in boys.
(d) Rozsi's social life.
5. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
(a) Help Mrs. Gerber run the household.
(b) Run the household.
(c) Stay with friends.
(d) Look for work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
2. Why did Mother leave the city?
3. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
4. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
5. Iboya volunteered for _______________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)