Chapters 1 and 2
• Piri is sent to Komjaty from Beregszasz, to stay at her grandmother's farm.
• There is fighting between Hungarians and Ukrainians. Piri sees dead bodies in the river.
• When Piri meets a Hungarian horseman, she gives him directions. He takes her home. When he returns, he falls in love with her sister.
Chapters 3 and 4
• Piri is cut off in Komjaty because trains have stopped running. She begins school at Babi's and becomes the teacher's favorite.
• When Piri's mother comes for to Komjaty for Passover, she is pregnant.
• Because Piri's father was a Czech, he was demoted as an army officer. Babi begged Piri's parents to send the children to America, but they refused.
Chapters 5 and 6
• Farenc agreed that it would be a good idea for the children to go to America.
• When Piri was to return to Beregszasz herself, she was sad. When she arrived, she got...
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)