|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rowley get to Mary's villa?
2. What does Karl tell Mary and she says she does not feel the same way?
(a) Karl tells Mary he wants to gain revenge against the Germans.
(b) Karl tells Mary he loves her.
(d) Karl says his time in bed with her was the best experience he has ever had.
3. What does the Princess ask Mary?
(a) If Mary has decided to accept Edgar's proposal.
(b) If Mary is having the wedding in England.
(c) Why Mary doesn't go with the Princess to the opera that evening.
(d) If Mary remembers the violinist at the dinner the previous evening.
4. What does he say she should do about her commitments that day?
(a) Attend them.
(b) Call in an excuse.
(c) Attend them at least briefly.
(d) Whatever she wants to do; it did not matter.
5. What does Mary say that further angers Karl?
(a) She says she would never marry a penniless man.
(b) She offers him money.
(c) She says she went to bed with him on a dare from a friend.
(d) She says the sex was terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary angry with Rowley after he leaves?
2. Who awakens Mary the next day after Karl's death?
3. What will Rowley tie onto a rock and drop in the Arno river?
4. What does Mary say in response to Rowley's explanation about Karl's death?
5. What else does Mary have to consider about Karl's death?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)