|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary say anything as Karl is talking?
(a) His situation was so dire, nothing would help.
(b) He glares at her as she starts to comfort him.
(c) She does but it doesn't help.
(d) She believes he brought some of his problems on himself.
2. What is rumored about Karl?
(a) That he was murdered.
(b) That he has gone to join the Nazis.
(c) That he is having an affair with a lady of high rank.
(d) That he hasn't paid rent for three weeks.
3. About what is Rowley concerned?
(a) That someone might accuse him of killing Karl in a jealous rage.
(b) He is confident and unconcerned.
(c) That the gun can be traced.
(d) That Mary will break down and admit her part.
4. What does Karl do when Mary pulls out her gun?
(a) He turns and runs.
(b) He tells her to shoot him.
(c) He grabs the gun and shoots at her.
(d) He laughs.
5. Who is Mary relieved to find at the social function at the Villa Bolognese?
(a) Lord Seafair.
(c) No one she knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary call Rowley for help?
2. Who is Agata?
3. What does he say she should do about her commitments that day?
4. How does Rowley get to Mary's villa?
5. Who lives in the Villa Bolognese?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mary go and why is she relieved when she arrives there?
2. Describe Karl's life in Austria.
3. What does the Princess say about the party from the previous evening?
4. What does Mary think about Rowley?
5. What is the first way Rowley suggests they handle the situation and what is Mary's response?
6. Why does Mary call Rowley?
7. Describe the scene of Mary and Rowley getting rid of Karl's body.
8. What does the Princess learn about the violinist and what is her response?
9. What does Rowley ask for that upsets Mary?
10. What does Rowley point out to Mary to reassure her?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)