|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary's first instinct to do about Karl?
(a) Call Edgar.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Set fire to the villa and make it look like a fire kills him.
(d) Drag his body out of the house.
2. What is the explanation Rowley offers for Karl killing himself?
(a) Karl didn't think the gun was loaded.
(b) Karl was planning to anyway and just found it an opportune moment.
(c) Karl's life was devoid of beauty and hope and Mary had offered that and then told him the truth.
(d) Karl was insane.
3. What does Karl tell Mary and she says she does not feel the same way?
(a) Karl says his time in bed with her was the best experience he has ever had.
(c) Karl tells Mary he wants to gain revenge against the Germans.
(d) Karl tells Mary he loves her.
4. What does Rowley say about the gun?
(a) They will have to trust to luck.
(b) They will have to toss it in the Arno River.
(c) He will take care of the gun.
(d) They will have to report it stolen.
5. What does Karl do after laying Mary on the bed and kissing her repeatedly?
(a) Breaks the windows.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Kills himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
2. About whom does the conversation turn to?
3. What else does Mary have to consider about Karl's death?
4. What does Rowley insist that Mary do?
5. Why does Mary think of the handgun in her purse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What startles Mary soon after Karl kills himself?
2. Describe the scene of Mary and Rowley getting rid of Karl's body.
3. How does Karl act when Mary pulls out the gun out of her purse?
4. What are Mary's thoughts as she is getting read to go to the luncheon?
5. Describe Karl's life in Austria.
6. How does Mary appear as she leaves for the luncheon?
7. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
8. What does Rowley point out to Mary to reassure her?
9. How does the situation between Mary and Karl start to deteriorate?
10. What does Mary rush to her dresser to find and why?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)