|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rowley driving fast?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) To get finished before daylight.
(c) He is angry that Mary called him.
(d) He always drives fast.
2. What is Rowley's suggestion since Mary doesn't want to call the police?
(a) Call Ciro and get his help.
(b) Leave with Rowley and pretend she's been with him all night.
(c) Get the body out of the house and away from there.
(d) He has not other suggestions.
3. What does Mary do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Writes Edgar.
(b) Takes a sleeping pill and falls off to sleep.
(c) Has a big breakfast that Nina cooks.
(d) Calls her lawyer.
4. What is Karl doing after Mary and he have sex?
(a) Chopping wood for Mary.
(b) Playing his violin.
(c) Sitting at Mary's feet smoking a cigarette.
5. How does Mary explain the sound Nina heard?
(a) She does not offer any ideas.
(b) A hunter.
(c) An animal in the crawl space.
(d) A car passing the villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mary supposed to be at one o'clock?
2. How does Mary explain sleeping so late?
3. What does Karl join?
4. How does Rowley get to Mary's villa?
5. What does Karl's landlady know about Karl just before his disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wakes Mary and what does Mary tell the person?
2. How does Karl end up in a concentration camp and how does he get to Italy?
3. How does Mary appear as she leaves for the luncheon?
4. What is the first way Rowley suggests they handle the situation and what is Mary's response?
5. What are Mary's thoughts as she is getting read to go to the luncheon?
6. What does Mary do that causes Karl to become even more angry and what is Karl's reply?
7. How does the situation between Mary and Karl start to deteriorate?
8. What is said between Rowley and Mary about Edgar and Mary's possible marriage to him?
9. Why does Mary call Rowley?
10. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)