|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Karl sent?
(a) To fight in Poland.
(b) To sabotage the Germans in Vienna.
(c) To find a place for the refugees in France.
(d) A concentration camp.
2. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
(a) Send him to the United States where he'll be safe.
(b) Find him and give him some money.
(c) Find him another job.
3. What does Mary force herself to do?
(a) Eat some breakfast.
(b) Act naturally.
(c) Clean up a little blood remaining on the floor.
4. What does he say she should do about her commitments that day?
(a) Attend them at least briefly.
(b) Attend them.
(c) Whatever she wants to do; it did not matter.
(d) Call in an excuse.
5. How does Mary explain the sound Nina heard?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A car passing the villa.
(c) She does not offer any ideas.
(d) An animal in the crawl space.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mary supposed to be at one o'clock?
2. What does Mary tell Karl the reason she has sex with him?
3. Why does Mary decide she will tell Edgar the truth about her and Karl?
4. What is the explanation Rowley offers for Karl killing himself?
5. What is Rowley's suggestion since Mary doesn't want to call the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mary's thoughts as she is getting read to go to the luncheon?
2. Describe the scene of Mary and Rowley getting rid of Karl's body.
3. What does Mary think about Rowley?
4. How does the situation between Mary and Karl start to deteriorate?
5. How does Mary appear as she leaves for the luncheon?
6. What is said between Rowley and Mary about Edgar and Mary's possible marriage to him?
7. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
8. What does Mary rush to her dresser to find and why?
9. Where does Mary go and why is she relieved when she arrives there?
10. What does Rowley point out to Mary to reassure her?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)