|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl join?
(a) The Germany military.
(b) A group of people who decide to leave the country.
(c) The Hitler youth group.
(d) The resistance.
2. What will Rowley tie onto a rock and drop in the Arno river?
(a) Karl's wallet.
(b) The gun.
(c) The bloody towel.
3. What does Karl ask of Mary, which she says no to?
(a) If she will go with him to have a late night swim.
(b) If he can stay in the villa with her.
(c) If she is dating someone seriously.
(d) If he can see her again.
4. What does Karl do after laying Mary on the bed and kissing her repeatedly?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Kills himself.
(d) Breaks the windows.
5. What does Karl's landlady know about Karl just before his disappearance?
(a) That he was about to be married to a girl who is pregnant.
(b) That he had money when he left Peppitos.
(c) That he was unhappy in Italy.
(d) That his mother wrote him recently and asked him to come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Princess say she learned from the restaurant manager?
2. From what country is Karl?
3. Who lives in the Villa Bolognese?
4. Why is there little blood to contend with?
5. What does Mary look for as soon as Nina leaves the bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary appear as she leaves for the luncheon?
2. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
3. How does the situation between Mary and Karl start to deteriorate?
4. What does Rowley advise Mary to do before he leaves early that morning?
5. What startles Mary soon after Karl kills himself?
6. What does the Princess learn about the violinist and what is her response?
7. What is the first way Rowley suggests they handle the situation and what is Mary's response?
8. What does the Princess say about the party from the previous evening?
9. Describe Karl's life in Austria.
10. What does Mary think about Rowley?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)