|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Mary have to consider about Karl's death?
(a) That she has gotten Rowley involved.
(b) That she needs to notify Karl's mother.
(c) That the police would have absolutely no reason to suspect her if she keeps her head.
(d) That she needs to notify Karl's sister.
2. Where is Mary when she receives a telegram?
(a) Still at Villa Bolognese.
(b) In the garden at her villa.
(d) Having dinner with Rowley.
3. What does Karl's father do when the German troops march into the town?
(a) Shoots several German soldiers before they kill him.
(b) Runs away deserting the family.
(c) Shoots himself.
4. About whom does the conversation turn to?
(b) Lord Seafair.
5. What does Mary force herself to do?
(a) Eat some breakfast.
(b) Clean up a little blood remaining on the floor.
(d) Act naturally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl join?
2. Where is Mary supposed to be at one o'clock?
3. Why is Rowley driving fast?
4. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
5. What does the Princess say she learned from the restaurant manager?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Karl end up in a concentration camp and how does he get to Italy?
2. What is said between Rowley and Mary about Edgar and Mary's possible marriage to him?
3. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
4. Describe Karl's life in Austria.
5. Who wakes Mary and what does Mary tell the person?
6. How does the altercation between Karl and Mary resolve itself?
7. What does Rowley advise Mary to do before he leaves early that morning?
8. Why does Mary call Rowley?
9. Where does Mary go and why is she relieved when she arrives there?
10. What does Rowley point out to Mary to reassure her?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)