|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
(a) Find him and give him some money.
(b) Send him to the United States where he'll be safe.
(c) Find him another job.
2. Who is Mary relieved to find at the social function at the Villa Bolognese?
(b) Lord Seafair.
(d) No one she knows.
3. Why does Mary decide she will tell Edgar the truth about her and Karl?
(a) She is not going to tell Edgar the truth.
(b) To enter marriage with a clear conscience.
(c) To get out of the marriage proposal.
(d) To seek Edgar's advice.
4. What does Mary recall Rowley telling her?
(a) That he would take her to England in a couple days.
(b) That they may never find Karl's body.
(c) That she must not do anything that would arouse suspicion.
(d) That they would probably find Karl's body soon.
5. What does Karl do when Mary pulls out her gun?
(a) He grabs the gun and shoots at her.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He turns and runs.
(d) He tells her to shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl tell Mary and she says she does not feel the same way?
2. What does Karl ask of Mary, which she says no to?
3. What does he say she should do about her commitments that day?
4. What does the Princess ask Mary?
5. What does Mary realize about the gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Karl act when Mary pulls out the gun out of her purse?
2. What does Mary do that causes Karl to become even more angry and what is Karl's reply?
3. Describe Karl's life in Austria.
4. What startles Mary soon after Karl kills himself?
5. How does Karl end up in a concentration camp and how does he get to Italy?
6. What does the Princess learn about the violinist and what is her response?
7. What is the first way Rowley suggests they handle the situation and what is Mary's response?
8. What are Mary's thoughts as she is getting read to go to the luncheon?
9. Describe the scene of Mary and Rowley getting rid of Karl's body.
10. What is said between Rowley and Mary about Edgar and Mary's possible marriage to him?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)