|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Rowley tie onto a rock and drop in the Arno river?
(a) The gun.
(b) Karl's wallet.
(d) The bloody towel.
2. What does Mary force herself to do?
(b) Eat some breakfast.
(c) Act naturally.
(d) Clean up a little blood remaining on the floor.
3. What does he say she should do about her commitments that day?
(a) Whatever she wants to do; it did not matter.
(b) Attend them at least briefly.
(c) Attend them.
(d) Call in an excuse.
4. What is Rowley's suggestion since Mary doesn't want to call the police?
(a) Call Ciro and get his help.
(b) Leave with Rowley and pretend she's been with him all night.
(c) He has not other suggestions.
(d) Get the body out of the house and away from there.
5. Who is Mary expecting shortly after receiving the telegram?
(b) The Princess.
(d) Lord Seafair.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country is Karl?
2. What does Nina tell Mary as Mary is about to leave?
3. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
4. Why does Rowley ask for the gun?
5. What changes Karl's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary call Rowley?
2. How does Karl act when Mary pulls out the gun out of her purse?
3. What does Mary think about Rowley?
4. How does Karl end up in a concentration camp and how does he get to Italy?
5. What does Rowley ask for that upsets Mary?
6. What does Rowley advise Mary to do before he leaves early that morning?
7. What does the Princess say about the party from the previous evening?
8. What does Mary do that causes Karl to become even more angry and what is Karl's reply?
9. What does Rowley point out to Mary to reassure her?
10. Describe Karl's life in Austria.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)