|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country is Karl?
2. Why does Mary call Rowley for help?
(a) He's in the same motel as Edgar and she knows that number.q
(b) She is afraid of the police.
(c) She thinks he is smart.
(d) She thinks he'd be discreet.
3. Who sends the telegram?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Lord Seafair.
(c) Her mother.
4. What does Nina tell Mary as Mary is about to leave?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) Edgar just called.
(c) Rowley is in the parlour.
(d) The police just called.
5. What does Mary say in response to Rowley's explanation about Karl's death?
(a) She'll never forgive herself.
(b) She wants to leave that place and the memories.
(c) She thinks Rowley is correct.
(d) She will never forgive Karl for doing that in front of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he say she should do about her commitments that day?
2. What else does Mary have to consider about Karl's death?
3. What changes Karl's life?
4. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
5. What does Mary recall Rowley telling her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mary's thoughts as she is getting read to go to the luncheon?
2. How does Karl end up in a concentration camp and how does he get to Italy?
3. Why does Mary call Rowley?
4. Describe Karl's life in Austria.
5. How does Mary feel about what Karl tells her about his life?
6. Who wakes Mary and what does Mary tell the person?
7. What does the Princess say about the party from the previous evening?
8. What does Rowley ask for that upsets Mary?
9. How does Karl act when Mary pulls out the gun out of her purse?
10. What does Rowley advise Mary to do before he leaves early that morning?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)