|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rowley reply to Mary's repeated thanks?
(a) That it was not any trouble.
(b) He loves risky situations and would do something like that for any friend.
(c) She really did nothing wrong.
(d) She needs a male protector and it should be him.
2. What does Mary say in response to Rowley's explanation about Karl's death?
(a) She thinks Rowley is correct.
(b) She wants to leave that place and the memories.
(c) She will never forgive Karl for doing that in front of her.
(d) She'll never forgive herself.
3. What does Mary remember as they are down the road a bit?
(a) The bloody towel is still in the car.
(b) Edgar is supposed to be there for breakfast.
(c) Karl had laid his wallet on her dresser.
(d) She is supposed to have breakfast with friends that morning.
4. What does Nina tell Mary as Mary is about to leave?
(a) Edgar just called.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) Rowley is in the parlour.
(d) The police just called.
5. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
(a) Find him and give him some money.
(c) Find him another job.
(d) Send him to the United States where he'll be safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary impulsively offer?
2. Why does Rowley ask for the gun?
3. What does Rowley insist that Mary do?
4. Who lives in the Villa Bolognese?
5. What does Karl do when Mary pulls out her gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wakes Mary and what does Mary tell the person?
2. What does the Princess learn about the violinist and what is her response?
3. What does Mary do that causes Karl to become even more angry and what is Karl's reply?
4. Why does Mary call Rowley?
5. How does the situation between Mary and Karl start to deteriorate?
6. What is said between Rowley and Mary about Edgar and Mary's possible marriage to him?
7. What does Rowley ask for that upsets Mary?
8. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
9. What are Mary's thoughts as she is getting read to go to the luncheon?
10. How does Karl end up in a concentration camp and how does he get to Italy?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)