|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Karl sent?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) To sabotage the Germans in Vienna.
(c) To fight in Poland.
(d) To find a place for the refugees in France.
2. What does Mary tell Karl the reason she has sex with him?
(a) She does not know why.
(b) As an act of kindness to give him a short time of happiness.
(c) She was curious.
(d) She was lonely.
3. What does Karl do when Mary pulls out her gun?
(a) He tells her to shoot him.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He grabs the gun and shoots at her.
(d) He turns and runs.
4. Who is Mary relieved to find at the social function at the Villa Bolognese?
(a) Lord Seafair.
(c) No one she knows.
5. What is Rowley's suggestion since Mary doesn't want to call the police?
(a) He has not other suggestions.
(b) Get the body out of the house and away from there.
(c) Call Ciro and get his help.
(d) Leave with Rowley and pretend she's been with him all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rowley's first inclination when he sees Karl's body?
2. Why does Rowley ask for the gun?
3. Who sends the telegram?
4. What does Mary say about Karl when asked?
5. What changes Karl's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
2. How does Karl end up in a concentration camp and how does he get to Italy?
3. How does Mary appear as she leaves for the luncheon?
4. How does the altercation between Karl and Mary resolve itself?
5. What does Rowley advise Mary to do before he leaves early that morning?
6. What is said between Rowley and Mary about Edgar and Mary's possible marriage to him?
7. What does Rowley ask for that upsets Mary?
8. Describe Karl's life in Austria.
9. What does Mary think about Rowley?
10. Why does Mary call Rowley?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)