|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Karl the reason she has sex with him?
(a) She was lonely.
(b) She does not know why.
(c) She was curious.
(d) As an act of kindness to give him a short time of happiness.
2. What does he say she should do about her commitments that day?
(a) Whatever she wants to do; it did not matter.
(b) Attend them at least briefly.
(c) Call in an excuse.
(d) Attend them.
3. How does Rowley get to Mary's villa?
4. What do Mary and Rowley do when a car comes towards them?
(a) Hide in the bushes with Karl's body.
(b) Jump in the car and keep driving to find another place.
(c) Pretend to be locked in a passionate embrace.
(d) Push Karl's body down the hill instead of carrying it.
5. What does Nina tell Mary as Mary is about to leave?
(a) The police just called.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) Rowley is in the parlour.
(d) Edgar just called.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Rowley concerned?
2. Why does Mary think of the handgun in her purse?
3. What does Karl tell Mary and she says she does not feel the same way?
4. Why does Rowley ask for the gun?
5. What does Mary recall Rowley telling her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rowley advise Mary to do before he leaves early that morning?
2. How does Mary appear as she leaves for the luncheon?
3. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
4. What does Rowley point out to Mary to reassure her?
5. Where does Mary go and why is she relieved when she arrives there?
6. What are Mary's thoughts as she is getting read to go to the luncheon?
7. What does Mary think about Rowley?
8. How does the situation between Mary and Karl start to deteriorate?
9. Who wakes Mary and what does Mary tell the person?
10. How does Mary feel about what Karl tells her about his life?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)