|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rowley's suggestion since Mary doesn't want to call the police?
(a) Call Ciro and get his help.
(b) He has not other suggestions.
(c) Get the body out of the house and away from there.
(d) Leave with Rowley and pretend she's been with him all night.
2. What does Mary do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Calls her lawyer.
(b) Writes Edgar.
(c) Takes a sleeping pill and falls off to sleep.
(d) Has a big breakfast that Nina cooks.
3. About what is Rowley concerned?
(a) He is confident and unconcerned.
(b) That the gun can be traced.
(c) That Mary will break down and admit her part.
(d) That someone might accuse him of killing Karl in a jealous rage.
4. About whom does the conversation turn to?
(c) Lord Seafair.
5. What does Mary say in response to Rowley's explanation about Karl's death?
(a) She wants to leave that place and the memories.
(b) She will never forgive Karl for doing that in front of her.
(c) She thinks Rowley is correct.
(d) She'll never forgive herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl do after laying Mary on the bed and kissing her repeatedly?
2. Where is Karl sent?
3. What does Mary decide she must do as soon as possible?
4. Why doesn't Mary think it would be wise to call the police?
5. Who sends the telegram?
Short Essay Questions
1. What startles Mary soon after Karl kills himself?
2. What does Rowley point out to Mary to reassure her?
3. What does Rowley ask for that upsets Mary?
4. What is the first way Rowley suggests they handle the situation and what is Mary's response?
5. How does Karl act when Mary pulls out the gun out of her purse?
6. What is said between Rowley and Mary about Edgar and Mary's possible marriage to him?
7. What does the Princess say about the party from the previous evening?
8. Describe the scene of Mary and Rowley getting rid of Karl's body.
9. How does the situation between Mary and Karl start to deteriorate?
10. What does Rowley advise Mary to do before he leaves early that morning?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)