|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Karl's life?
(a) A spiritual teacher in France.
(b) Nothing yet.
(c) Seeing his best friend murdered.
(d) His meeting with Mary.
2. What does Karl imply that Mary is?
(a) A temptress.
3. From what country is Karl?
4. What does the Princess say she would do if she were such a poor musician?
(a) Shoot herself.
(b) Tell everyone to like it or leave.
(c) Take lessons.
(d) Find a different job.
5. Who is Mary expecting shortly after receiving the telegram?
(a) The Princess.
(c) Lord Seafair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl do after laying Mary on the bed and kissing her repeatedly?
2. Why is there little blood to contend with?
3. Where is Mary supposed to be at one o'clock?
4. What does Mary say in response to Rowley's explanation about Karl's death?
5. What does Karl do when Mary pulls out her gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mary's thoughts as she is getting read to go to the luncheon?
2. What does the Princess learn about the violinist and what is her response?
3. How does Mary appear as she leaves for the luncheon?
4. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
5. Describe Karl's life in Austria.
6. Describe the scene of Mary and Rowley getting rid of Karl's body.
7. What does Mary rush to her dresser to find and why?
8. Where does Mary go and why is she relieved when she arrives there?
9. What does Mary think about Rowley?
10. What does Rowley point out to Mary to reassure her?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)