|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is rumored about Karl?
(a) That he was murdered.
(b) That he is having an affair with a lady of high rank.
(c) That he hasn't paid rent for three weeks.
(d) That he has gone to join the Nazis.
2. Why does Rowley ask for the gun?
(a) To put it by Karl's body.
(b) He does not ask for the gun.
(c) To throw it in the river.
(d) To clean it so it will not be noticeable that it was shot.
3. What does Karl do after laying Mary on the bed and kissing her repeatedly?
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Breaks the windows.
4. What do Mary and Rowley do when a car comes towards them?
(a) Pretend to be locked in a passionate embrace.
(b) Jump in the car and keep driving to find another place.
(c) Push Karl's body down the hill instead of carrying it.
(d) Hide in the bushes with Karl's body.
5. Why does Mary decide she will tell Edgar the truth about her and Karl?
(a) To seek Edgar's advice.
(b) To get out of the marriage proposal.
(c) To enter marriage with a clear conscience.
(d) She is not going to tell Edgar the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl imply that Mary is?
2. What is Karl doing after Mary and he have sex?
3. What does Rowley say about the gun?
4. What does Mary decide she must do as soon as possible?
5. About whom does the conversation turn to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mary go and why is she relieved when she arrives there?
2. How does Karl act when Mary pulls out the gun out of her purse?
3. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
4. What startles Mary soon after Karl kills himself?
5. How does Mary feel about what Karl tells her about his life?
6. How does the situation between Mary and Karl start to deteriorate?
7. What does the Princess say about the party from the previous evening?
8. How does the altercation between Karl and Mary resolve itself?
9. What does Mary think about Rowley?
10. What does Rowley advise Mary to do before he leaves early that morning?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)