|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mary and Rowley do when a car comes towards them?
(a) Jump in the car and keep driving to find another place.
(b) Hide in the bushes with Karl's body.
(c) Pretend to be locked in a passionate embrace.
(d) Push Karl's body down the hill instead of carrying it.
2. What does the Princess say she learned from the restaurant manager?
(a) That the owner of the restaruant is returning part of the Princess' check.
(b) That the violinist is related to the cook at the restaurant.
(c) That the violinist is a refugee.
(d) That the violinist became violent when fired.
3. What does Karl join?
(a) The Germany military.
(b) The Hitler youth group.
(c) The resistance.
(d) A group of people who decide to leave the country.
4. What does Karl do when Mary pulls out her gun?
(a) He tells her to shoot him.
(b) He grabs the gun and shoots at her.
(c) He turns and runs.
(d) He laughs.
5. What does Mary force herself to do?
(b) Clean up a little blood remaining on the floor.
(c) Eat some breakfast.
(d) Act naturally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens Mary?
2. What does Rowley insist that Mary do?
3. What does Rowley say about the gun?
4. What does Mary say about Karl when asked?
5. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
2. Why does Mary call Rowley?
3. How does the situation between Mary and Karl start to deteriorate?
4. How does Karl act when Mary pulls out the gun out of her purse?
5. What are Mary's thoughts as she is getting read to go to the luncheon?
6. What does Mary think about Rowley?
7. What does the Princess learn about the violinist and what is her response?
8. How does Mary appear as she leaves for the luncheon?
9. What does Rowley ask for that upsets Mary?
10. How does the altercation between Karl and Mary resolve itself?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)