|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Princess ask of Mary?
(a) To give Rowley a ride to his motel.
(b) To show Mary her paintings sometime.
(c) To stay at her house that night rather than risk the long drive home.
(d) To visit her the next day.
2. Why couldn't Mary end the marriage?
(a) She was embarrassed.
(b) Matthew was so dependent on her.
(c) She was paid by Matthew's parents to stay.
(d) She thought he would change eventually.
3. What city can Mary see from the terrace of the villa?
4. Who is Ciro?
(a) Edgar's driver.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) Mary's manservant.
(d) Mary's gardener.
5. How long has Mary known Edgar?
(a) Since she was a youth.
(b) Two years.
(c) Since she was an infant.
(d) She hasn't met him yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rowley find in her purse?
2. Who is Princess San Ferdinanado?
3. In what century is the Tuscan villa built?
4. Why is Rowley Flint invited to the party?
5. Why is Mary Panton at the villa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary meet Karl Richter?
2. What does the Princess say about the party from the previous evening?
3. What is Mary's response to Rowley's questions about Edgar and how does Rowley respond?
4. Why does Mary call Rowley?
5. How does Rowley find the handgun in Mary's purse and how does that change the conversation?
6. Why does Mary bring up the situation about Karl and what is Edgar's response?
7. How does Mary appear as she leaves for the luncheon?
8. How does Karl act when Mary pulls out the gun out of her purse?
9. Who calls after Edgar leaves and what does he want?
10. How does Edgar indicate how much he is looking forward to seeing Mary after his business trip?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)