Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is the Princess known?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her generosity.
(c) Her caustic remarks.
(d) Her beauty.
2. What did Mary's mother point out to Mary when Mary was 19?
(a) That Edgar was too old for Mary and to stop flirting.
(b) That Edgar is a scoundrel.
(c) That Edgar is in love with her.
(d) That Edgar would be an advantageous catch.
3. What does Mary say she would give Rowley if she could?
(a) A suitable wife.
(b) A unique gift.
(c) An introduction to her sister.
4. What does Mary learn from her lawyer?
(a) Her father left her a large estate.
(b) Her husband squandered all his money.
(c) Her grandfather left her a large estate.
(d) Her husband wants a divorce.
5. What is Rowley's parting shot at Mary?
(a) About his ability to keep her out of the poorhouse.
(b) That he hopes she does not use the gun on Edgar.
(c) About her strangely unromantic attitude.
(d) About marriage with Edgar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rowley say about his reputation?
2. Of what nationality is Princess San Ferdinando?
3. What does Rowley say to Mary?
4. From what does Mary try to save Matthew?
5. What does Edgar want Mary to carry with her to Florence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the situation between Mary and Karl start to deteriorate?
2. How does Mary meet Karl Richter?
3. Where does Mary go and why is she relieved when she arrives there?
4. What is Mary's response to Rowley's questions about Edgar and how does Rowley respond?
5. How long has Mary known Edgar and what was Mary's mother's opinion of the man?
6. Describe the scene of Mary and Rowley getting rid of Karl's body.
7. What are the topics of conversation between Rowley and Mary?
8. What does Nina relate to Mary about what Nina learns from Agata?
9. What does Rowley point out to Mary to reassure her?
10. What startles Mary soon after Karl kills himself?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)