|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what has Edgar proven himself?
2. What does Mary say when the Princess points out what a good catch Edgar would be?
(a) The Princess should consider him.
(b) The woman Edgar has asked to marry him is very lucky.
(c) That Edgar is like an older brother to Mary.
(d) That Edgar is unlikely to ask Mary to be his wife because of their great age difference.
3. What does Edgar ask Mary?
(a) For Mary to travel with him back to England.
(b) To be his wife.
(c) If she knows the woman Edgar plans to marry.
(d) To stay for a few days.
4. What does Edgar want Mary to carry with her to Florence?
(a) A bottle of vintage win for an old friend.
(b) A bottle of vintage wine for the Princess.
(c) A gun for protection.
(d) A note for the Princess.
5. How long has Mary known Edgar?
(a) Since she was an infant.
(b) Two years.
(c) Since she was a youth.
(d) She hasn't met him yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina remind Mary to do?
2. What does Mary wish she had done?
3. In what century is the Tuscan villa built?
4. What does Mary learn from her lawyer?
5. What is the amount most people give the entertainer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Mary been spending her time lately and what bearing does that have to do with Mary being at the villa?
2. What is surprising about Mary's response to Edgar's proposal?
3. Why is Mary conflicted about attending the party?
4. What does Mary say about why she marries Matthew Panton?
5. What does Mary point out about Rowley's reputation and what is his response?
6. How long has Mary known Edgar and what was Mary's mother's opinion of the man?
7. How does Rowley find the handgun in Mary's purse and how does that change the conversation?
8. What happens to distress Mary about Matthew?
9. What does Mary think about Edgar's job prospects?
10. Why does Rowley propose to Mary and how does she respond?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)