|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ciro?
(a) Mary's manservant.
(b) Mary's gardener.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Edgar's driver.
2. Why does Mary say about Matthew Panton?
(a) He was a good man.
(b) She should not have married him.
(c) She had never been in love with him.
(d) He was misguided.
3. What does Edgar give Ciro?
(b) Instructions about the roses.
(d) Tickets to the opera.
4. What does Rowley believe about Mary as far as Edgar is concerned?
(a) That Mary is not in love with him.
(b) That Edgar is not in love with Mary.
(c) That Edgar is too staid for Mary.
(d) That they are perfectly suited to each other.
5. How does Mary describe how Matthew was at first?
(a) Quiet and studious.
(b) Charming and fun.
(c) Polite and reserved.
(d) Zestful and overly-boisterous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rowley say about his reputation?
2. When did Matthew change?
3. What does Mary do on the way home?
4. For what is the Princess known?
5. What does Mary ask Rowley to hand her from her purse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Karl act when Mary pulls out the gun out of her purse?
2. What does the Colonel think of Edgar's prospects in his career?
3. What does Mary think about Rowley?
4. How does Edgar respond to Mary's declining his proposal of marriage?
5. What does the Princess learn about the violinist and what is her response?
6. How does Rowley find the handgun in Mary's purse and how does that change the conversation?
7. Why is Mary conflicted about attending the party?
8. What is Mary's response to Rowley's questions about Edgar and how does Rowley respond?
9. Describe the scene of Mary and Rowley getting rid of Karl's body.
10. What does Mary think of the Princess' comments on marriage to Edgar?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)