|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city can Mary see from the terrace of the villa?
2. Who is Princess San Ferdinanado?
(a) Mary's childhood friend.
(b) A woman who is hostessing a party that evening.
(c) A woman who holds grand parties to which Mary has never been invited.
(d) The Princess of Tuscany who is a recent widow.
3. How did Mary feel about Matthew?
(a) Pressured to marry him.
(b) Completely head over heels in love.
4. What is Mary's reply?
(a) She would consider it.
(b) She isn't over Matthew yet.
(c) She does not want to live in the United States.
(d) She is not in love with him.
5. What does Rowley ask Mary?
(a) If she wants to travel with him to the United States.
(b) Why she wants to marry Edgar so badly.
(c) If she plans to marry Edgar.
(d) If she plans to go ahead with her plans to return to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Princess ask of Mary?
2. At what has Edgar proven himself?
3. Where does Rowley suggest Mary and he go that night?
4. What is the amount most people give the entertainer?
5. Of what is Rowley concerned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary conflicted about attending the party?
2. Why does Rowley propose to Mary and how does she respond?
3. What does narration say of the villa in which Mary is staying?
4. What does Mary think of the Princess' comments on marriage to Edgar?
5. How has Mary been spending her time lately and what bearing does that have to do with Mary being at the villa?
6. How does Karl present himself?
7. How long has Mary known Edgar and what was Mary's mother's opinion of the man?
8. What does Mary say about why she marries Matthew Panton?
9. Why does the Princess choose the restaurant they are at for the party and how is she disappointed?
10. What does the Colonel think of Edgar's prospects in his career?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)