|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina remind Mary to do?
(a) Carry her pistol.
(b) Call her sister back.
(c) Have the car filled with petrol.
(d) Apply rouge and eye liner.
2. From what does Mary try to save Matthew?
(a) His depression.
(b) His drinking.
(c) The creditors.
(d) His protective mother.
3. What does Mary encounter on her way home?
(a) The violinist.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A beautiful Persian cat.
4. In what century is the Tuscan villa built?
5. About what did Mary and Matthew fight?
(a) His long absences.
(b) Nothing much.
(d) His drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Princess ask for the dismissal of the violinist?
2. Who owns the villa?
3. What does Mary learn from her lawyer?
4. What does Mary think about on the way to the party?
5. What does Rowley ask Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long has Mary known Edgar and what was Mary's mother's opinion of the man?
2. What sort of arrangements does Edgar make with Ciro?
3. What is Mary's response to Rowley's questions about Edgar and how does Rowley respond?
4. Why is Mary conflicted about attending the party?
5. How does Karl present himself?
6. What happens to distress Mary about Matthew?
7. What are the topics of conversation between Rowley and Mary?
8. What is passed around at the end of the party and what does Mary do?
9. What does narration say of the villa in which Mary is staying?
10. What does Mary say about why she marries Matthew Panton?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)