|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary ask Rowley to hand her from her purse?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) A gas card.
(c) A handkerchief.
2. What does Rowley believe about Mary as far as Edgar is concerned?
(a) That they are perfectly suited to each other.
(b) That Edgar is too staid for Mary.
(c) That Mary is not in love with him.
(d) That Edgar is not in love with Mary.
3. What does the Princess ask of Mary?
(a) To give Rowley a ride to his motel.
(b) To visit her the next day.
(c) To stay at her house that night rather than risk the long drive home.
(d) To show Mary her paintings sometime.
4. In what century is the Tuscan villa built?
5. What does Rowley find in her purse?
(a) A suicide note.
(b) The gun.
(c) A picture of Matthew.
(d) A blackmail note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary drive around the area?
2. How long has Mary known Edgar?
3. What ashamed Mary about Matthew?
4. Why does Mary say about Matthew Panton?
5. Why does the Princess ask for the dismissal of the violinist?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Karl end up in a concentration camp and how does he get to Italy?
2. Why does Mary call Rowley?
3. How has Mary been spending her time lately and what bearing does that have to do with Mary being at the villa?
4. What startles Mary soon after Karl kills himself?
5. How does Rowley guess that Mary turns down Edgar to be her husband?
6. How does Mary begin to respond to Matthew's drinking?
7. What does Rowley point out to Mary to reassure her?
8. What happens to distress Mary about Matthew?
9. What is Mary's response to Rowley's questions about Edgar and how does Rowley respond?
10. How does Mary meet Karl Richter?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)