|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is the Princess known?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her caustic remarks.
(c) Her generosity.
(d) Her wealth.
2. What is Mary doing at the opening of chapter 2?
(a) Getting ready to go to the party.
(b) Talking with her mother on the phone.
(c) Digging in the rosebushes.
3. What does Mary ask Rowley to hand her from her purse?
(a) A pen and paper.
(c) A gas card.
(d) A handkerchief.
4. What does Mary encounter on her way home?
(a) A stray dog.
(b) The violinist.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A beautiful Persian cat.
5. Of what is Rowley concerned?
(a) That Mary will tell someone how nice Rowley really is.
(b) That Mary will never consider marriage again after her first experience.
(c) That Mary will be alright getting home.
(d) That Mary will marry and be unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the party Mary is attending that night to be held?
2. What does Mary learn when Edgar arrives?
3. Who is Edgar Swift?
4. What does Mary think about on the way to the party?
5. Why is Rowley Flint invited to the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is passed around at the end of the party and what does Mary do?
2. Why does Rowley propose to Mary and how does she respond?
3. What does Mary think about Edgar's job prospects?
4. How does Mary begin to respond to Matthew's drinking?
5. What does Mary think of the Princess' comments on marriage to Edgar?
6. How does Karl present himself?
7. What does narration say of the villa in which Mary is staying?
8. What is Mary's response to Rowley's questions about Edgar and how does Rowley respond?
9. How long has Mary known Edgar and what was Mary's mother's opinion of the man?
10. What sort of arrangements does Edgar make with Ciro?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)