|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Colonel Trail very complimentary?
(a) Edgar's recent appointment.
(b) Mary's deceased husband.
(c) The Princess's gown.
(d) Mary's deceased father.
2. Why is Mary Panton at the villa?
(a) To meet with her husband who has been conducting business nearby.
(b) For recuperation from emotional trauma.
(c) To visit her sister and her husband who rent the villa.
(d) To oversee its remodeling.
3. What does Mary do with a hundred lira note?
(a) Leaves it in the ladies' room for the washerwoman.
(b) Tip the valet.
(c) Ask Rowley to get her a cab as she is too tipsy to drive.
(d) Tip the violinist.
4. Of what nationality is Princess San Ferdinando?
5. What does Mary say she would give Rowley if she could?
(a) A unique gift.
(c) A suitable wife.
(d) An introduction to her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl point out to Mary as they are driving to her villa?
2. What position does Mary believe Edgar might be offered?
3. Of what is Rowley concerned?
4. What does Mary learn from her lawyer?
5. What ashamed Mary about Matthew?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary begin to respond to Matthew's drinking?
2. What are the topics of conversation between Rowley and Mary?
3. How has Mary been spending her time lately and what bearing does that have to do with Mary being at the villa?
4. What sort of arrangements does Edgar make with Ciro?
5. What is passed around at the end of the party and what does Mary do?
6. What does Mary think about Edgar's job prospects?
7. What does Mary point out about Rowley's reputation and what is his response?
8. How does Edgar bring up the subject of marriage to Mary?
9. Why does Rowley propose to Mary and how does she respond?
10. How does Mary end up driving Rowley to his hotel and what happens?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)