|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mary expecting shortly after receiving the telegram?
(a) Lord Seafair.
(d) The Princess.
2. What does Mary say that further angers Karl?
(a) She says the sex was terrible.
(b) She says she would never marry a penniless man.
(c) She says she went to bed with him on a dare from a friend.
(d) She offers him money.
3. Where is Mary supposed to be at one o'clock?
(a) Villa Bolognese.
(b) The Princess' villa.
(c) To meet with her lawyer in Florence.
(d) To have lunch with Rowley.
4. What else does Mary have to consider about Karl's death?
(a) That the police would have absolutely no reason to suspect her if she keeps her head.
(b) That she needs to notify Karl's mother.
(c) That she needs to notify Karl's sister.
(d) That she has gotten Rowley involved.
5. What does Mary do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Calls her lawyer.
(b) Has a big breakfast that Nina cooks.
(c) Takes a sleeping pill and falls off to sleep.
(d) Writes Edgar.
6. What does Mary decide she must do as soon as possible?
(a) Leave the villa.
(b) Call Edgar.
(c) Call her father.
(d) Call her lawyer.
7. What does Nina tell Mary as Mary is about to leave?
(a) Edgar just called.
(b) The police just called.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) Rowley is in the parlour.
8. What does Mary say in response to Rowley's explanation about Karl's death?
(a) She will never forgive Karl for doing that in front of her.
(b) She'll never forgive herself.
(c) She wants to leave that place and the memories.
(d) She thinks Rowley is correct.
9. What does the Princess ask Mary?
(a) If Mary remembers the violinist at the dinner the previous evening.
(b) If Mary has decided to accept Edgar's proposal.
(c) Why Mary doesn't go with the Princess to the opera that evening.
(d) If Mary is having the wedding in England.
10. How has Mary's opinion changed of Rowley?
(a) She thinks he helped her for his own reasons.
(b) She thinks he may be planning to blackmail her.
(c) It hasn't.
(d) Because he has been a good friend when she was in need.
11. Where is Mary when she receives a telegram?
(b) Still at Villa Bolognese.
(c) In the garden at her villa.
(d) Having dinner with Rowley.
12. What does Mary realize about the gun?
(a) That Ciro would know that it had been fired.
(b) That it probably has Karl's fingerprints on the grip.
(c) That it could be traced to her.
(d) That it may have her fingerprints on the grip.
13. From what country is Karl?
14. What is Rowley's suggestion since Mary doesn't want to call the police?
(a) Call Ciro and get his help.
(b) Get the body out of the house and away from there.
(c) He has not other suggestions.
(d) Leave with Rowley and pretend she's been with him all night.
15. What is rumored about Karl?
(a) That he was murdered.
(b) That he has gone to join the Nazis.
(c) That he hasn't paid rent for three weeks.
(d) That he is having an affair with a lady of high rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karl's major?
2. Why doesn't Mary say anything as Karl is talking?
3. Why is Rowley driving fast?
4. What does Rowley say about the gun?
5. What does Karl join?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)