|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mary supposed to be at one o'clock?
(a) Villa Bolognese.
(b) The Princess' villa.
(c) To meet with her lawyer in Florence.
(d) To have lunch with Rowley.
2. What does the Princess say she learned from the restaurant manager?
(a) That the violinist is related to the cook at the restaurant.
(b) That the violinist became violent when fired.
(c) That the violinist is a refugee.
(d) That the owner of the restaruant is returning part of the Princess' check.
3. How does Mary explain the sound Nina heard?
(a) An animal in the crawl space.
(b) A car passing the villa.
(c) A hunter.
(d) She does not offer any ideas.
4. Why does Mary call Rowley for help?
(a) She is afraid of the police.
(b) She thinks he'd be discreet.
(c) He's in the same motel as Edgar and she knows that number.q
(d) She thinks he is smart.
5. From what country is Karl?
6. Why doesn't Mary think it would be wise to call the police?
(a) She thinks she should call the police.
(b) Because Nina had come and said she heard a bang.
(c) She is not a citizen of that country.
(d) She is afraid that they will arrest her right away.
7. What does Mary look for as soon as Nina leaves the bedroom?
(a) Any more signs of blood.
(b) Anything that might show that Karl had been there.
(c) The gun.
(d) The phone number to where Edgar said he is.
8. What does Karl imply that Mary is?
(c) A temptress.
9. What do Mary and Rowley do when a car comes towards them?
(a) Push Karl's body down the hill instead of carrying it.
(b) Jump in the car and keep driving to find another place.
(c) Pretend to be locked in a passionate embrace.
(d) Hide in the bushes with Karl's body.
10. What does Karl's landlady know about Karl just before his disappearance?
(a) That he was about to be married to a girl who is pregnant.
(b) That he had money when he left Peppitos.
(c) That his mother wrote him recently and asked him to come home.
(d) That he was unhappy in Italy.
11. What does Karl join?
(a) The resistance.
(b) A group of people who decide to leave the country.
(c) The Hitler youth group.
(d) The Germany military.
12. What does Karl tell Mary and she says she does not feel the same way?
(a) Karl says his time in bed with her was the best experience he has ever had.
(c) Karl tells Mary he wants to gain revenge against the Germans.
(d) Karl tells Mary he loves her.
13. What is Karl doing after Mary and he have sex?
(a) Playing his violin.
(b) Sitting at Mary's feet smoking a cigarette.
(c) Chopping wood for Mary.
14. About what is Rowley concerned?
(a) That the gun can be traced.
(b) That Mary will break down and admit her part.
(c) That someone might accuse him of killing Karl in a jealous rage.
(d) He is confident and unconcerned.
15. What frightens Mary?
(a) A police investigation finding evidence in her home.
(b) Nothing since things seems to be working out fine.
(c) The idea of Rowley returning to the site where they put Karl's body.
(d) Nina knowing she had a male visitor the night of Karl's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary decide she must do as soon as possible?
2. About whom does the conversation turn to?
3. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
4. Who comes to ask about the gunshot?
5. How does Rowley reassure Mary?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)