|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mary relieved to find at the social function at the Villa Bolognese?
(b) Lord Seafair.
(d) No one she knows.
2. What does Mary say in response to Rowley's explanation about Karl's death?
(a) She wants to leave that place and the memories.
(b) She will never forgive Karl for doing that in front of her.
(c) She'll never forgive herself.
(d) She thinks Rowley is correct.
3. From what country is Karl?
4. What does Mary realize about the gun?
(a) That Ciro would know that it had been fired.
(b) That it probably has Karl's fingerprints on the grip.
(c) That it may have her fingerprints on the grip.
(d) That it could be traced to her.
5. What changes Karl's life?
(a) A spiritual teacher in France.
(b) His meeting with Mary.
(c) Nothing yet.
(d) Seeing his best friend murdered.
6. How does Rowley get to Mary's villa?
7. What is Rowley's first inclination when he sees Karl's body?
(a) To call the police.
(b) To dig a grave in the garden.
(c) To yell at Mary.
(d) To leave.
8. What does the Princess say she would do if she were such a poor musician?
(a) Tell everyone to like it or leave.
(b) Shoot herself.
(c) Take lessons.
(d) Find a different job.
9. What does Mary force herself to do?
(a) Act naturally.
(b) Clean up a little blood remaining on the floor.
(c) Eat some breakfast.
10. What does he say she should do about her commitments that day?
(a) Attend them at least briefly.
(b) Whatever she wants to do; it did not matter.
(c) Call in an excuse.
(d) Attend them.
11. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
(a) Find him and give him some money.
(c) Send him to the United States where he'll be safe.
(d) Find him another job.
12. Who sends the telegram?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Lord Seafair.
13. What is Rowley's suggestion since Mary doesn't want to call the police?
(a) He has not other suggestions.
(b) Get the body out of the house and away from there.
(c) Call Ciro and get his help.
(d) Leave with Rowley and pretend she's been with him all night.
14. Why is Mary angry with Rowley after he leaves?
(a) For taking the gun.
(b) For being so nonchalant.
(c) For leaving the gun.
(d) For putting her through additional turmoil.
15. What does Mary decide she must do as soon as possible?
(a) Call her father.
(b) Leave the villa.
(c) Call Edgar.
(d) Call her lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl's father do when the German troops march into the town?
2. What does Mary look for as soon as Nina leaves the bedroom?
3. Who comes to ask about the gunshot?
4. What does Rowley insist that Mary do?
5. How does Rowley reassure Mary?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)