|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary realize about the gun?
(a) That Ciro would know that it had been fired.
(b) That it may have her fingerprints on the grip.
(c) That it could be traced to her.
(d) That it probably has Karl's fingerprints on the grip.
2. Who lives in the Villa Bolognese?
(a) The Atkinsons.
(b) No one; it's a commercial establishment.
(c) It is unoccupied at this time.
(d) The Leopards.
3. What does Karl's father do when the German troops march into the town?
(a) Shoots himself.
(c) Shoots several German soldiers before they kill him.
(d) Runs away deserting the family.
4. Who is Mary relieved to find at the social function at the Villa Bolognese?
(c) No one she knows.
(d) Lord Seafair.
5. What does Mary say about Karl when asked?
(a) That he wasn't a good musician.
(b) That he seemed odd.
(c) That he was handsome.
(d) That he seemed sad.
6. What changes Karl's life?
(a) A spiritual teacher in France.
(b) His meeting with Mary.
(c) Nothing yet.
(d) Seeing his best friend murdered.
7. Why is Mary angry with Rowley after he leaves?
(a) For leaving the gun.
(b) For taking the gun.
(c) For being so nonchalant.
(d) For putting her through additional turmoil.
8. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
(a) Send him to the United States where he'll be safe.
(c) Find him another job.
(d) Find him and give him some money.
9. Why does Mary decide she will tell Edgar the truth about her and Karl?
(a) To seek Edgar's advice.
(b) To enter marriage with a clear conscience.
(c) To get out of the marriage proposal.
(d) She is not going to tell Edgar the truth.
10. What does Rowley reply to Mary's repeated thanks?
(a) She really did nothing wrong.
(b) She needs a male protector and it should be him.
(c) That it was not any trouble.
(d) He loves risky situations and would do something like that for any friend.
11. What does Mary recall Rowley telling her?
(a) That they would probably find Karl's body soon.
(b) That they may never find Karl's body.
(c) That she must not do anything that would arouse suspicion.
(d) That he would take her to England in a couple days.
12. What does the Princess say she would do if she were such a poor musician?
(a) Tell everyone to like it or leave.
(b) Take lessons.
(c) Find a different job.
(d) Shoot herself.
13. Who is Agata?
(a) The Princess' hairdresser.
(b) Rowley's mother.
(c) The cook who lives in the village.
(d) Mary's lawyer.
14. How does Mary explain sleeping so late?
(a) That she had been reading in bed until quite late.
(b) That it is so overcast, it seemed earlier than it is.
(c) That she wasn't feeling well.
(d) That she took a sleeping pill after Nina had come to her room in the middle of the night.
15. What is Rowley's first inclination when he sees Karl's body?
(a) To call the police.
(b) To dig a grave in the garden.
(c) To yell at Mary.
(d) To leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Princess ask Mary?
2. Why does Rowley wish they had left the gun with Karl?
3. What is Mary's first instinct to do about Karl?
4. From what country is Karl?
5. Why doesn't Mary say anything as Karl is talking?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)