|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary impulsively offer?
(a) To write Karl's mother and ask if he is there.
(b) To put an ad in the paper asking about Karl.
(c) To talk to the landlady.
(d) To pay Karl's back rent.
2. How does Mary feel when the conversation turns away from the subject of Karl?
3. Where is Mary when she receives a telegram?
(a) In the garden at her villa.
(b) Having dinner with Rowley.
(d) Still at Villa Bolognese.
4. Why doesn't Mary say anything as Karl is talking?
(a) He glares at her as she starts to comfort him.
(b) His situation was so dire, nothing would help.
(c) She does but it doesn't help.
(d) She believes he brought some of his problems on himself.
5. What does Nina tell Mary as Mary is about to leave?
(a) Edgar just called.
(b) The police just called.
(c) Rowley is in the parlour.
(d) She is beautiful.
6. Who sends the telegram?
(a) Lord Seafair.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
7. How does Mary explain sleeping so late?
(a) That she wasn't feeling well.
(b) That she had been reading in bed until quite late.
(c) That she took a sleeping pill after Nina had come to her room in the middle of the night.
(d) That it is so overcast, it seemed earlier than it is.
8. Why is there little blood to contend with?
(a) Most of it has seeped inside of him.
(b) It all leaked out on the bathroom floor which Mary mopped up while waiting for Rowley.
(c) Karl shot himself in the perfect spot that causes little blood.
(d) There is lots of blood everywhere.
9. Why does Mary decide she will tell Edgar the truth about her and Karl?
(a) She is not going to tell Edgar the truth.
(b) To seek Edgar's advice.
(c) To enter marriage with a clear conscience.
(d) To get out of the marriage proposal.
10. What does Mary recall Rowley telling her?
(a) That they may never find Karl's body.
(b) That he would take her to England in a couple days.
(c) That they would probably find Karl's body soon.
(d) That she must not do anything that would arouse suspicion.
11. What changes Karl's life?
(a) Seeing his best friend murdered.
(b) Nothing yet.
(c) A spiritual teacher in France.
(d) His meeting with Mary.
12. What do Mary and Rowley do when a car comes towards them?
(a) Push Karl's body down the hill instead of carrying it.
(b) Jump in the car and keep driving to find another place.
(c) Pretend to be locked in a passionate embrace.
(d) Hide in the bushes with Karl's body.
13. What is Rowley's first inclination when he sees Karl's body?
(a) To dig a grave in the garden.
(b) To yell at Mary.
(c) To call the police.
(d) To leave.
14. How has Mary's opinion changed of Rowley?
(a) Because he has been a good friend when she was in need.
(b) It hasn't.
(c) She thinks he may be planning to blackmail her.
(d) She thinks he helped her for his own reasons.
15. Who lives in the Villa Bolognese?
(a) The Atkinsons.
(b) The Leopards.
(c) It is unoccupied at this time.
(d) No one; it's a commercial establishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary force herself to do?
2. What does the Princess ask Mary?
3. Why does Mary think of the handgun in her purse?
4. What is Karl's major?
5. What does Karl tell Mary and she says she does not feel the same way?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)