|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary say anything as Karl is talking?
(a) His situation was so dire, nothing would help.
(b) She does but it doesn't help.
(c) She believes he brought some of his problems on himself.
(d) He glares at her as she starts to comfort him.
2. Where is Mary supposed to be at one o'clock?
(a) To meet with her lawyer in Florence.
(b) Villa Bolognese.
(c) To have lunch with Rowley.
(d) The Princess' villa.
3. What frightens Mary?
(a) The idea of Rowley returning to the site where they put Karl's body.
(b) A police investigation finding evidence in her home.
(c) Nina knowing she had a male visitor the night of Karl's death.
(d) Nothing since things seems to be working out fine.
4. Where is Mary when she receives a telegram?
(a) In the garden at her villa.
(b) Having dinner with Rowley.
(c) Still at Villa Bolognese.
5. What does Mary realize about the gun?
(a) That it may have her fingerprints on the grip.
(b) That Ciro would know that it had been fired.
(c) That it probably has Karl's fingerprints on the grip.
(d) That it could be traced to her.
6. Why doesn't Mary think it would be wise to call the police?
(a) She thinks she should call the police.
(b) She is not a citizen of that country.
(c) She is afraid that they will arrest her right away.
(d) Because Nina had come and said she heard a bang.
7. Why is there little blood to contend with?
(a) Karl shot himself in the perfect spot that causes little blood.
(b) There is lots of blood everywhere.
(c) It all leaked out on the bathroom floor which Mary mopped up while waiting for Rowley.
(d) Most of it has seeped inside of him.
8. What does Karl's landlady know about Karl just before his disappearance?
(a) That he was about to be married to a girl who is pregnant.
(b) That he had money when he left Peppitos.
(c) That he was unhappy in Italy.
(d) That his mother wrote him recently and asked him to come home.
9. Who awakens Mary the next day after Karl's death?
(a) She wakes on her own.
10. Who is Mary expecting shortly after receiving the telegram?
(b) The Princess.
(c) Lord Seafair.
11. About what is Rowley concerned?
(a) That someone might accuse him of killing Karl in a jealous rage.
(b) He is confident and unconcerned.
(c) That the gun can be traced.
(d) That Mary will break down and admit her part.
12. Why does Mary tell Rowley that she has sex with Karl?
(a) That he offered her a large sum of money.
(b) That Karl forced her.
(c) The truth.
(d) She denies they had sex.
13. How does Mary feel when the conversation turns away from the subject of Karl?
14. What makes it easier to hide Karl's death?
(a) He has no family or friends to miss him.
(b) He is a foreigner.
(c) He did not tell his landlady where he was going.
(d) He has no identification.
15. What is Karl doing after Mary and he have sex?
(a) Chopping wood for Mary.
(c) Playing his violin.
(d) Sitting at Mary's feet smoking a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Agata?
2. What do Mary and Rowley do when a car comes towards them?
3. What does Karl do after laying Mary on the bed and kissing her repeatedly?
4. What does Karl tell Mary and she says she does not feel the same way?
5. What does Nina tell Mary as Mary is about to leave?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)