|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Mary?
(a) Nina knowing she had a male visitor the night of Karl's death.
(b) Nothing since things seems to be working out fine.
(c) The idea of Rowley returning to the site where they put Karl's body.
(d) A police investigation finding evidence in her home.
2. What does Karl do when Mary pulls out her gun?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He turns and runs.
(c) He tells her to shoot him.
(d) He grabs the gun and shoots at her.
3. Why does Rowley ask for the gun?
(a) He does not ask for the gun.
(b) To throw it in the river.
(c) To clean it so it will not be noticeable that it was shot.
(d) To put it by Karl's body.
4. Who comes to ask about the gunshot?
(a) No one.
(d) The police.
5. Why doesn't Mary think it would be wise to call the police?
(a) She is not a citizen of that country.
(b) Because Nina had come and said she heard a bang.
(c) She is afraid that they will arrest her right away.
(d) She thinks she should call the police.
6. Why is there little blood to contend with?
(a) It all leaked out on the bathroom floor which Mary mopped up while waiting for Rowley.
(b) Most of it has seeped inside of him.
(c) There is lots of blood everywhere.
(d) Karl shot himself in the perfect spot that causes little blood.
7. What does Rowley insist that Mary do?
(a) Call Edgar.
(b) Take a sleeping pill.
(c) Go to the hotel with him.
(d) Call her lawyer.
8. Who is Mary expecting shortly after receiving the telegram?
(c) The Princess.
(d) Lord Seafair.
9. What does Mary say in response to Rowley's explanation about Karl's death?
(a) She wants to leave that place and the memories.
(b) She'll never forgive herself.
(c) She thinks Rowley is correct.
(d) She will never forgive Karl for doing that in front of her.
10. How does Rowley reassure Mary?
(a) He is unable to offer any reassurances.
(b) He says no one would suspect a respectable, upper-class woman of being involved with a refugee.
(c) He says he will assume the blame if something happens.
(d) He says that all the signs point to Karl running off.
11. Who lives in the Villa Bolognese?
(a) The Atkinsons.
(b) It is unoccupied at this time.
(c) The Leopards.
(d) No one; it's a commercial establishment.
12. How does Mary explain the sound Nina heard?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A car passing the villa.
(c) She does not offer any ideas.
(d) An animal in the crawl space.
13. What is Karl doing after Mary and he have sex?
(a) Sitting at Mary's feet smoking a cigarette.
(b) Playing his violin.
(d) Chopping wood for Mary.
14. How does Rowley get to Mary's villa?
15. What is Mary's first instinct to do about Karl?
(a) Set fire to the villa and make it look like a fire kills him.
(b) Drag his body out of the house.
(c) Call Edgar.
(d) Call the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rowley's first inclination when he sees Karl's body?
2. What does the Princess say she would do if she were such a poor musician?
3. What is Rowley's suggestion since Mary doesn't want to call the police?
4. What is Karl's major?
5. What does Mary say about Karl when asked?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)