|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Calls her lawyer.
(b) Writes Edgar.
(c) Has a big breakfast that Nina cooks.
(d) Takes a sleeping pill and falls off to sleep.
2. What is the Princess going to do about getting Karl fired?
(b) Find him another job.
(c) Send him to the United States where he'll be safe.
(d) Find him and give him some money.
3. About whom does the conversation turn to?
(a) Lord Seafair.
4. Why is there little blood to contend with?
(a) It all leaked out on the bathroom floor which Mary mopped up while waiting for Rowley.
(b) Karl shot himself in the perfect spot that causes little blood.
(c) There is lots of blood everywhere.
(d) Most of it has seeped inside of him.
5. What does Mary realize about the gun?
(a) That Ciro would know that it had been fired.
(b) That it could be traced to her.
(c) That it probably has Karl's fingerprints on the grip.
(d) That it may have her fingerprints on the grip.
6. What is Karl doing after Mary and he have sex?
(a) Playing his violin.
(b) Sitting at Mary's feet smoking a cigarette.
(c) Chopping wood for Mary.
7. Where is Mary when she receives a telegram?
(b) Still at Villa Bolognese.
(c) In the garden at her villa.
(d) Having dinner with Rowley.
8. What will Rowley tie onto a rock and drop in the Arno river?
(a) The gun.
(c) Karl's wallet.
(d) The bloody towel.
9. What does Karl do after laying Mary on the bed and kissing her repeatedly?
(b) Breaks the windows.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Kills himself.
10. What does Mary say in response to Rowley's explanation about Karl's death?
(a) She wants to leave that place and the memories.
(b) She will never forgive Karl for doing that in front of her.
(c) She thinks Rowley is correct.
(d) She'll never forgive herself.
11. What does Rowley insist that Mary do?
(a) Call Edgar.
(b) Take a sleeping pill.
(c) Call her lawyer.
(d) Go to the hotel with him.
12. What does the Princess say she would do if she were such a poor musician?
(a) Find a different job.
(b) Take lessons.
(c) Tell everyone to like it or leave.
(d) Shoot herself.
13. What do Mary and Rowley do when a car comes towards them?
(a) Hide in the bushes with Karl's body.
(b) Jump in the car and keep driving to find another place.
(c) Pretend to be locked in a passionate embrace.
(d) Push Karl's body down the hill instead of carrying it.
14. What does Karl ask of Mary, which she says no to?
(a) If she will go with him to have a late night swim.
(b) If he can stay in the villa with her.
(c) If she is dating someone seriously.
(d) If he can see her again.
15. What does Mary recall Rowley telling her?
(a) That they may never find Karl's body.
(b) That she must not do anything that would arouse suspicion.
(c) That they would probably find Karl's body soon.
(d) That he would take her to England in a couple days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in the Villa Bolognese?
2. What does Mary say about Karl when asked?
3. What does Mary look for as soon as Nina leaves the bedroom?
4. Why is Mary angry with Rowley after he leaves?
5. What does Karl's father do when the German troops march into the town?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)