|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Princess ask Mary?
(a) If Mary is having the wedding in England.
(b) Why Mary doesn't go with the Princess to the opera that evening.
(c) If Mary remembers the violinist at the dinner the previous evening.
(d) If Mary has decided to accept Edgar's proposal.
2. Where is Mary when she receives a telegram?
(b) In the garden at her villa.
(c) Still at Villa Bolognese.
(d) Having dinner with Rowley.
3. What will Rowley tie onto a rock and drop in the Arno river?
(a) Karl's wallet.
(b) The gun.
(d) The bloody towel.
4. What does Mary tell Karl the reason she has sex with him?
(a) She was lonely.
(b) She does not know why.
(c) As an act of kindness to give him a short time of happiness.
(d) She was curious.
5. Where is Mary supposed to be at one o'clock?
(a) The Princess' villa.
(b) To meet with her lawyer in Florence.
(c) Villa Bolognese.
(d) To have lunch with Rowley.
6. Who lives in the Villa Bolognese?
(a) The Atkinsons.
(b) No one; it's a commercial establishment.
(c) The Leopards.
(d) It is unoccupied at this time.
7. Why does Mary tell Rowley that she has sex with Karl?
(a) She denies they had sex.
(b) That Karl forced her.
(c) That he offered her a large sum of money.
(d) The truth.
8. What does Karl's father do when the German troops march into the town?
(a) Runs away deserting the family.
(b) Shoots himself.
(d) Shoots several German soldiers before they kill him.
9. What does he say she should do about her commitments that day?
(a) Whatever she wants to do; it did not matter.
(b) Attend them.
(c) Call in an excuse.
(d) Attend them at least briefly.
10. Who is Agata?
(a) Rowley's mother.
(b) The cook who lives in the village.
(c) Mary's lawyer.
(d) The Princess' hairdresser.
11. What does Karl tell Mary and she says she does not feel the same way?
(a) Karl tells Mary he loves her.
(c) Karl tells Mary he wants to gain revenge against the Germans.
(d) Karl says his time in bed with her was the best experience he has ever had.
12. How does Mary explain sleeping so late?
(a) That she took a sleeping pill after Nina had come to her room in the middle of the night.
(b) That she had been reading in bed until quite late.
(c) That she wasn't feeling well.
(d) That it is so overcast, it seemed earlier than it is.
13. What does Mary recall Rowley telling her?
(a) That she must not do anything that would arouse suspicion.
(b) That they would probably find Karl's body soon.
(c) That they may never find Karl's body.
(d) That he would take her to England in a couple days.
14. Who awakens Mary the next day after Karl's death?
(c) She wakes on her own.
15. What does Karl do after laying Mary on the bed and kissing her repeatedly?
(a) Breaks the windows.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary say that further angers Karl?
2. What is Rowley's suggestion since Mary doesn't want to call the police?
3. How has Mary's opinion changed of Rowley?
4. What does Karl do when Mary pulls out her gun?
5. Why does Mary call Rowley for help?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)