|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rowley say about the gun?
(a) They will have to toss it in the Arno River.
(b) They will have to trust to luck.
(c) He will take care of the gun.
(d) They will have to report it stolen.
2. Who comes to ask about the gunshot?
(a) The police.
(c) No one.
3. Why does Mary tell Rowley that she has sex with Karl?
(a) The truth.
(b) She denies they had sex.
(c) That he offered her a large sum of money.
(d) That Karl forced her.
4. How does Mary explain sleeping so late?
(a) That she took a sleeping pill after Nina had come to her room in the middle of the night.
(b) That she wasn't feeling well.
(c) That it is so overcast, it seemed earlier than it is.
(d) That she had been reading in bed until quite late.
5. What does Karl imply that Mary is?
(a) A temptress.
6. What will Rowley tie onto a rock and drop in the Arno river?
(a) Karl's wallet.
(b) The gun.
(d) The bloody towel.
7. Why does Mary think of the handgun in her purse?
(a) She feels suicidal for being so cruel to Karl.
(b) She forgot she has the handgun.
(c) She becomes frightened.
(d) She wonders if she could kill a man.
8. Who is Agata?
(a) Mary's lawyer.
(b) The Princess' hairdresser.
(c) Rowley's mother.
(d) The cook who lives in the village.
9. Why does Mary call Rowley for help?
(a) She is afraid of the police.
(b) She thinks he'd be discreet.
(c) He's in the same motel as Edgar and she knows that number.q
(d) She thinks he is smart.
10. Why is there little blood to contend with?
(a) Karl shot himself in the perfect spot that causes little blood.
(b) Most of it has seeped inside of him.
(c) It all leaked out on the bathroom floor which Mary mopped up while waiting for Rowley.
(d) There is lots of blood everywhere.
11. What does Mary force herself to do?
(a) Act naturally.
(b) Eat some breakfast.
(d) Clean up a little blood remaining on the floor.
12. What is Rowley's first inclination when he sees Karl's body?
(a) To yell at Mary.
(b) To dig a grave in the garden.
(c) To leave.
(d) To call the police.
13. What frightens Mary?
(a) Nina knowing she had a male visitor the night of Karl's death.
(b) A police investigation finding evidence in her home.
(c) The idea of Rowley returning to the site where they put Karl's body.
(d) Nothing since things seems to be working out fine.
14. What does Karl do when Mary pulls out her gun?
(a) He grabs the gun and shoots at her.
(b) He turns and runs.
(c) He tells her to shoot him.
(d) He laughs.
15. From what country is Karl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary decide she will tell Edgar the truth about her and Karl?
2. What does Mary look for as soon as Nina leaves the bedroom?
3. What does the Princess say she would do if she were such a poor musician?
4. What is Karl doing after Mary and he have sex?
5. What does Mary realize about the gun?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)