|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary make Karl?
(a) French toast and eggs.
(b) A drink.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
2. At what has Edgar proven himself?
3. What does Rowley ask Mary?
(a) If she wants to travel with him to the United States.
(b) If she plans to marry Edgar.
(c) If she plans to go ahead with her plans to return to England.
(d) Why she wants to marry Edgar so badly.
4. What does Mary make clear to Rowley?
(a) She is still grieving the death of her husband.
(b) He is an interesting man and she might go out with him.
(c) She is not interested in him.
(d) Her divorce is not yet final.
5. Why does Mary have second thoughts about attending the party?
(a) Edgar is not there to escort her.
(b) Her mother wants her to come to Rome right away.
(c) She knows no one at the party.
(d) Her sister arrives the next day and the house needs cleaning.
6. Who prompts Nina to remind Mary?
(d) No one.
7. What ashamed Mary about Matthew?
(a) The way he treated the servants.
(b) The way he eyed other women.
(c) His desire to cross dress.
(d) His drunken rages.
8. Of what nationality is Princess San Ferdinando?
9. What does Karl point out to Mary as they are driving to her villa?
(a) The lights of Cannes.
(b) The full moon.
(c) The lights of Florence.
(d) A shabby house where he lives.
10. What does Mary say she would give Rowley if she could?
(a) A unique gift.
(b) A suitable wife.
(c) An introduction to her sister.
11. What does Mary extol?
(a) Her father's virtues.
(b) Her father's architectural abilities.
(c) Edgar's virtues.
(d) Matthew's final days.
12. What does the Princess ask of Mary?
(a) To give Rowley a ride to his motel.
(b) To visit her the next day.
(c) To show Mary her paintings sometime.
(d) To stay at her house that night rather than risk the long drive home.
13. What does Nina remind Mary to do?
(a) Carry her pistol.
(b) Call her sister back.
(c) Apply rouge and eye liner.
(d) Have the car filled with petrol.
14. What does Mary learn when Edgar arrives?
(a) He has been knighted.
(b) He's been offered a position as governor of Bengal.
(c) He is getting married to someone else.
(d) He is dying.
15. Why does Mary say about Matthew Panton?
(a) He was misguided.
(b) She should not have married him.
(c) She had never been in love with him.
(d) He was a good man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary Panton at the villa?
2. Where is the party Mary is attending that night to be held?
3. In what century is the Tuscan villa built?
4. What does Mary decide to give Karl as a gift?
5. Why does Mary think the tip she leaves will mean a great deal?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)