|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Writes Edgar.
(b) Has a big breakfast that Nina cooks.
(c) Takes a sleeping pill and falls off to sleep.
(d) Calls her lawyer.
2. What happens as the party is about to end?
(a) Mary faints.
(b) A plate to tip the violinist is sent around.
(c) The Princess becomes ill.
(d) A man barges in and creates a scene.
3. About what did Mary and Matthew fight?
(a) His drinking.
(b) His long absences.
(d) Nothing much.
4. At what has Edgar proven himself?
5. What is Rowley's parting shot at Mary?
(a) About marriage with Edgar.
(b) About her strangely unromantic attitude.
(c) That he hopes she does not use the gun on Edgar.
(d) About his ability to keep her out of the poorhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Princess ask of Mary?
2. What does Mary admit she came to feel?
3. What does Mary tell Karl the reason she has sex with him?
4. Of what nationality is Princess San Ferdinando?
5. What does Rowley believe about Mary as far as Edgar is concerned?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)