|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city can Mary see from the terrace of the villa?
2. Who advised Mary not to marry Matthew?
(a) No one.
(b) Many people.
(c) Only Matthew's brother.
(d) Matthew's mother.
3. Why is Edgar visiting?
(a) He is a contractor who will be doing the remodeling of her villa.
(b) He wants to buy the villa where she is staying.
(c) He needs to ask Mary's advice about her sister.
(d) He has an appointment in Cannes and so is nearby.
4. What does Rowley ask Mary?
(a) If she plans to go ahead with her plans to return to England.
(b) If she wants to travel with him to the United States.
(c) Why she wants to marry Edgar so badly.
(d) If she plans to marry Edgar.
5. What did Mary's mother point out to Mary when Mary was 19?
(a) That Edgar was too old for Mary and to stop flirting.
(b) That Edgar would be an advantageous catch.
(c) That Edgar is a scoundrel.
(d) That Edgar is in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mary know about that Matthew tried to hide?
2. What does Rowley find in her purse?
3. What position does Mary believe Edgar might be offered?
4. What does Mary do with a hundred lira note?
5. In what century is the Tuscan villa built?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)