|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Edgar Swift?
(a) A man for whom Mary is waiting.
(b) The tenant of a villa Mary wants to buy.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
(d) Her second cousin.
2. What city can Mary see from the terrace of the villa?
3. What does Rowley believe about Mary as far as Edgar is concerned?
(a) That Edgar is too staid for Mary.
(b) That Mary is not in love with him.
(c) That Edgar is not in love with Mary.
(d) That they are perfectly suited to each other.
4. What does Mary decide to give Karl as a gift?
(a) A possible job with her father.
(b) A sexual encounter.
(c) Money to pay his rent.
(d) An old violin that has been in her family.
5. What does the Princess ask of Mary?
(a) To visit her the next day.
(b) To show Mary her paintings sometime.
(c) To stay at her house that night rather than risk the long drive home.
(d) To give Rowley a ride to his motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what nationality is Princess San Ferdinando?
2. In what century is the Tuscan villa built?
3. About what did Mary and Matthew fight?
4. Why does the Princess ask for the dismissal of the violinist?
5. What does Mary do on the way home?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)