|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rowley say to Mary?
(a) He is offended by her English snobbery.
(b) He suggests she stay in Florence for the night since it's so late.
(c) He compliments her on her good looks.
(d) He knew Mary's deceased husband quite well.
2. About what did Mary and Matthew fight?
(a) His long absences.
(b) His drinking.
(c) Nothing much.
3. Why does Mary drive around the area?
(a) To search for an old friend's home.
(b) To see the sights.
(c) To show her sister around the area.
(d) To search for a villa her family owned when she was a child.
4. What does Mary wish she had done?
(a) Stayed home so she did not have to be cheerful.
(b) Stayed home to think about marriage.
(c) Called her sister and canceled the visit.
(d) Stayed home and packed to go to her mother.
5. Who is generally in good humor?
(c) The Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl point out to Mary as they are driving to her villa?
2. What does Mary think about on the way to the party?
3. What happens as the party is about to end?
4. What does Edgar want Mary to carry with her to Florence?
5. What is Rowley's parting shot at Mary?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)