|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mary known Edgar?
(a) Since she was a youth.
(b) Since she was an infant.
(c) Two years.
(d) She hasn't met him yet.
2. What does Mary extol?
(a) Her father's architectural abilities.
(b) Matthew's final days.
(c) Edgar's virtues.
(d) Her father's virtues.
3. What does Mary wish she had done?
(a) Called her sister and canceled the visit.
(b) Stayed home so she did not have to be cheerful.
(c) Stayed home to think about marriage.
(d) Stayed home and packed to go to her mother.
4. Why does Mary have second thoughts about attending the party?
(a) Her mother wants her to come to Rome right away.
(b) Edgar is not there to escort her.
(c) She knows no one at the party.
(d) Her sister arrives the next day and the house needs cleaning.
5. Who owns the villa?
(a) Lord Seafair.
(b) Edgar Swift.
(c) Mary Panton.
(d) The Leonards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nina?
2. Why does Mary drive around the area?
3. Who is Princess San Ferdinanado?
4. What does Mary encounter on her way home?
5. What does Rowley say to Mary?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)