|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary think about on the way to the party?
(a) Edgar's question.
(b) How to maximize the little money she has remaining.
(c) Her sister's pending divorce.
(d) Her mother's vague allusions to health issues.
2. Where does Rowley suggest Mary and he go that night?
(a) For a ride in the country.
(b) To a late-night cafe for coffee alone.
(c) To his motel room.
(d) To her villa.
3. Who is Nina?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Mary's sister.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Mary's servant woman.
4. What does Edgar ask Mary?
(a) For Mary to travel with him back to England.
(b) To stay for a few days.
(c) To be his wife.
(d) If she knows the woman Edgar plans to marry.
5. Why does Mary think the tip she leaves will mean a great deal?
(a) It is done in generosity rather than condescension.
(b) She does not really think about it.
(c) She noticed how shabby the person's shoes are.
(d) The person will not expect it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's reply?
2. About what did Mary and Matthew fight?
3. About what do Mary and Rowley speak at length?
4. What did Mary know about that Matthew tried to hide?
5. What does Karl point out to Mary as they are driving to her villa?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)