|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary ask Rowley to hand her from her purse?
(a) A gas card.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A pen and paper.
2. When did Matthew change?
(a) When his brother is killed.
(b) When his father disinherited him.
(c) When he was drinking.
(d) When his sister dies.
3. Who owns the villa?
(a) Mary Panton.
(b) Edgar Swift.
(c) The Leonards.
(d) Lord Seafair.
4. What happens as the party is about to end?
(a) Mary faints.
(b) The Princess becomes ill.
(c) A plate to tip the violinist is sent around.
(d) A man barges in and creates a scene.
5. Who is Edgar Swift?
(a) Her second cousin.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) A man for whom Mary is waiting.
(d) The tenant of a villa Mary wants to buy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary encounter on her way home?
2. What position does Mary believe Edgar might be offered?
3. Of what is Rowley concerned?
4. What does Edgar ask Mary?
5. What does Mary learn from her lawyer?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)