|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary learn from her lawyer?
(a) Her husband wants a divorce.
(b) Her father left her a large estate.
(c) Her grandfather left her a large estate.
(d) Her husband squandered all his money.
2. Why does Mary have second thoughts about attending the party?
(a) Edgar is not there to escort her.
(b) Her sister arrives the next day and the house needs cleaning.
(c) She knows no one at the party.
(d) Her mother wants her to come to Rome right away.
3. What position does Mary believe Edgar might be offered?
(a) A position with her father's conglomerate.
(b) She doesn't believe he will receive an offer.
(c) A position with the largest architectural firm in Italy.
(d) A position with the government.
4. Why does Mary say about Matthew Panton?
(a) He was a good man.
(b) She should not have married him.
(c) She had never been in love with him.
(d) He was misguided.
5. About what did Mary and Matthew fight?
(a) His long absences.
(b) Nothing much.
(c) His drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mary known Edgar?
2. What does Edgar want Mary to carry with her to Florence?
3. Why does the Princess ask for the dismissal of the violinist?
4. Where is the party Mary is attending that night to be held?
5. What does Mary ask Rowley to hand her from her purse?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)