|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters One and Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mary known Edgar?
(a) Two years.
(b) Since she was a youth.
(c) She hasn't met him yet.
(d) Since she was an infant.
2. Who is Ciro?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) Edgar's driver.
(c) Mary's manservant.
(d) Mary's gardener.
3. Who is Edgar Swift?
(a) Her second cousin.
(b) The tenant of a villa Mary wants to buy.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
(d) A man for whom Mary is waiting.
4. Of what is Colonel Trail very complimentary?
(a) Mary's deceased father.
(b) The Princess's gown.
(c) Edgar's recent appointment.
(d) Mary's deceased husband.
5. Why is Edgar visiting?
(a) He is a contractor who will be doing the remodeling of her villa.
(b) He has an appointment in Cannes and so is nearby.
(c) He needs to ask Mary's advice about her sister.
(d) He wants to buy the villa where she is staying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what nationality is Princess San Ferdinando?
2. What does Mary wish she had done?
3. What does Mary learn when Edgar arrives?
4. What city can Mary see from the terrace of the villa?
5. Why is Mary Panton at the villa?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)