|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eight and Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary wish she had done?
(a) Called her sister and canceled the visit.
(b) Stayed home to think about marriage.
(c) Stayed home so she did not have to be cheerful.
(d) Stayed home and packed to go to her mother.
2. What has Edgar completed?
(a) Arrangements for his position.
(b) Tidying up his affairs in London.
(c) Nothing that he mentions.
(d) A manual for his successor.
3. Why does the Princess ask for the dismissal of the violinist?
(a) He insults the Princess.
(b) He refuses to play any requests.
(c) He performs poorly.
(d) He flirts outrageously with all the women.
4. To what does Edgar turn the conversation?
(a) His marriage proposal.
(b) Mary's gun and where it is.
(c) Rowley's marriage proposal which he heard of from the Princess.
5. What does Mary say she would give Rowley if she could?
(a) A suitable wife.
(b) A unique gift.
(d) An introduction to her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Mary's opinion changed of Rowley?
2. What does the Princess ask of Mary?
3. What does Mary admit she came to feel?
4. What is the amount most people give the entertainer?
5. What does Rowley ask Mary?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)