|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eight and Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary note when she sees Rowley?
(a) How handsome Rowley is.
(b) That he seems a little haggard.
(c) The differences between Rowley and Edgar.
(d) Rowley's boyish grin.
2. What does Mary encounter on her way home?
(a) The violinist.
(b) A beautiful Persian cat.
(c) A stray dog.
(d) A car accident.
3. About what do Mary and Rowley speak at length?
(a) Rowley's new business venture in Tuscany.
(b) Mary and Edgar and Mary's situation.
(c) Rowley's home in the United States.
(d) Mary's father's architectural designs.
4. What position does Mary believe Edgar might be offered?
(a) She doesn't believe he will receive an offer.
(b) A position with the government.
(c) A position with the largest architectural firm in Italy.
(d) A position with her father's conglomerate.
5. At what has Edgar proven himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edgar want Mary to carry with her to Florence?
2. What else does Mary have to consider about Karl's death?
3. Who is Mary expecting shortly after receiving the telegram?
4. From what country is Karl?
5. What does Mary do with a hundred lira note?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)