|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eight and Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mary relieved to find at the social function at the Villa Bolognese?
(a) No one she knows.
(b) Lord Seafair.
2. What is the explanation Rowley offers for Karl killing himself?
(a) Karl's life was devoid of beauty and hope and Mary had offered that and then told him the truth.
(b) Karl was planning to anyway and just found it an opportune moment.
(c) Karl was insane.
(d) Karl didn't think the gun was loaded.
3. What does Karl point out to Mary as they are driving to her villa?
(a) The lights of Cannes.
(b) The full moon.
(c) A shabby house where he lives.
(d) The lights of Florence.
4. What does Mary encounter on her way home?
(a) The violinist.
(b) A beautiful Persian cat.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A stray dog.
5. How does Edgar take Mary's rejection?
(a) He seems very happy.
(c) With a great deal of passion.
(d) He breaks down and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what century is the Tuscan villa built?
2. What does Mary make clear to Rowley?
3. What does Mary decide to give Karl as a gift?
4. Where does Rowley suggest Mary and he go that night?
5. What does Mary say about Karl when asked?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)