|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary think about on the way to the party?
(a) Edgar's question.
(b) Her sister's pending divorce.
(c) Her mother's vague allusions to health issues.
(d) How to maximize the little money she has remaining.
2. Why does Mary tell Rowley that she has sex with Karl?
(a) She denies they had sex.
(b) That Karl forced her.
(c) The truth.
(d) That he offered her a large sum of money.
3. What does Rowley say to Mary?
(a) He knew Mary's deceased husband quite well.
(b) He is offended by her English snobbery.
(c) He suggests she stay in Florence for the night since it's so late.
(d) He compliments her on her good looks.
4. What is Rowley's parting shot at Mary?
(a) That he hopes she does not use the gun on Edgar.
(b) About marriage with Edgar.
(c) About her strangely unromantic attitude.
(d) About his ability to keep her out of the poorhouse.
5. What is Karl's major?
(a) Classical languages.
(d) Art history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rowley say about his reputation?
2. Who advised Mary not to marry Matthew?
3. What is Mary's reply?
4. Why is Edgar visiting?
5. What does Rowley say about the gun?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)