|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Maggie?
2. How did Wren's parents die?
3. Where does Maggie take Wren?
4. Who comes up behind Maggie when she is looking at the tigers?
5. To whom is Maggie attracted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marguerite think Nick is missing?
2. What happens when Maggie takes Wren back to Sanctuary after he was bailed out of jail?
3. What do Whitehunter and Maggie talk about while working on Wren?
4. What does Wren tell Maggie about them being together?
5. What does Wren say to Maggie when she asks him not to leave her again?
6. Why does the group Marguerite runs with decide to visit the Sanctuary?
7. What does Maggie buy and bring to the Sanctuary and why?
8. Why is Wren different from most humans?
9. What happens to Marguerite when she leaves the bar?
10. Who does Wren see when he returns to the Sanctuary and what does that person tell him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through everything Maggie and Wren have been through, the reader feels content that they will lead a long and happy life.
1. Do you think all books and movies should have happy endings? Why or why not?
2. Do you think this is an idealized ending and that real life is not necessarily happy ever after? Why or why not?
3. Considering the divorce rate in the United States, why do you think people still write books that have the "happy ever after" ending?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie feels so selfish. She finally realizes the seriousness of the situation and how Wren will die in order for her to live.
1. Who are the people in your life you would die to protect? Why have you chosen those particular people?
2. Do you think that most people have loved ones they would give up their life for? Why or why not?
3. Do you think anyone who gives up his/her life to save someone they love are heroes or do you think that heroes are only those who give up their life to save a stranger? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think Maggie feels selfish? Do you think she has any reason to feel that way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Blaine pushes Wren, and this starts a fight among all of them. Wren punches Blaine in the face, and the campus police show up. In the end, they handcuff Wren. Maggie tries to protest, telling the police that Wren was just protecting himself, but Wren's look tells her to be quiet.
1. Do you think it was fair that Wren was arrested? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Wren should have hit Blaine just because Blaine pushed him? Why or why not?
3. How do you think this scene could have ended better than Wren being taken off to jail? Who might have been able to defuse the situation and how?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)