|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Vane?
2. How many of Dev's were brothers help Dev bring flowers into Wren's room?
3. From what sub-culture is Maggie's mother?
4. What college does Maggie attend?
5. Who tells Wren he doesn't belong on the campus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Whitehunter and Maggie talk about while working on Wren?
2. What did Wren do at the zoo that was unusual?
3. What does Maggie find when she is cleaning her cottage and what does she decide to do about it?
4. What does Maggie do when Wren is taken to jail?
5. What does Wren say to Maggie when she asks him not to leave her again?
6. How does Wren end up in jail?
7. What does Wren tell Maggie about them being together?
8. What do Maggie and her family's lawyer find out about Wren at the jail?
9. Who is Whitethunder and what does he do?
10. What is Nicolette working on concerning Wren and who does she tell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Back at Wren's childhood home, Aristotle does something very few Were-animals do. He takes Maggie into a spare bedroom, shoves her to the floor and bites her on the shoulder. She passes out from the pain wondering why in the world he did this to her. When she awakens, Wren is in the room staring at the brown eyes of a tiger. Maggie is in the form of a tiger looking back at Wren.
1. This was quite a drastic act by Wren's father. Do you think he was wrong to do this? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
2. How would you feel and what would you do if what happened to Maggie happened to you?
3. Do you think anyone should do something that would change someone's life as much as Aristotle changed Maggie's without the permission of the person involved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie feels so selfish. She finally realizes the seriousness of the situation and how Wren will die in order for her to live.
1. Who are the people in your life you would die to protect? Why have you chosen those particular people?
2. Do you think that most people have loved ones they would give up their life for? Why or why not?
3. Do you think anyone who gives up his/her life to save someone they love are heroes or do you think that heroes are only those who give up their life to save a stranger? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think Maggie feels selfish? Do you think she has any reason to feel that way? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)