|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Wren flash?
2. Why is Dev a little hostile to Wren?
3. What are Maggie and her friends doing?
4. Who is Savitor?
5. Where does Wren run when attacked and what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maggie go to the zoo?
2. What do Maggie and her family's lawyer find out about Wren at the jail?
3. What does Maggie find when she is cleaning her cottage and what does she decide to do about it?
4. Where does Wren go when he is attacked and what happens there?
5. What does Maggie buy and bring to the Sanctuary and why?
6. What did Wren do at the zoo that was unusual?
7. Who does Marguerite notice is staring at her?
8. What does Maggie do when Wren is taken to jail?
9. Who is Whitethunder and what does he do?
10. How does Maggie feel about Wren and what does she decide to do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Back in the 1980s, Wren hides in the bushes while he watches his mother and uncle talk on a park bench. He masks his scent and listens as Karina and Grayson make plans to kill Aristotle and keep Wren hostage for his money.
1. How does this event make the people of Wren's world seem more real? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. How do you think Wren felt as he listened to his mother and uncle? How would you feel if you heard a conversation like that? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Greed seems to be responsible in life for many unpleasant events, including homicide. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? How have you seen greed affect your life or the life of someone you know?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie and Wren have to be very careful when traveling back in time, for any changes could alter the future. In many religions or philosophies the saying "time is not an arrow, but a serpent."
1. Discuss what you think is meant by the cliche about time and a serpent.
2. Do you think if time travel was possible anyone should be allowed to do it? Why or why not?
3. Discuss where and when you would like to go if you could travel in time. Include why you would want to go there.
Essay Topic 3
Through everything Maggie and Wren have been through, the reader feels content that they will lead a long and happy life.
1. Do you think all books and movies should have happy endings? Why or why not?
2. Do you think this is an idealized ending and that real life is not necessarily happy ever after? Why or why not?
3. Considering the divorce rate in the United States, why do you think people still write books that have the "happy ever after" ending?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)