|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college does Maggie attend?
2. How many of Dev's were brothers help Dev bring flowers into Wren's room?
3. Which were-animals are meeting?
4. What is Wren's full name and family situation?
5. What does Wren reply to Maggie expressing the hope they will always be together.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maggie feel about Wren and what does she decide to do about it?
2. What does Maggie do when Wren is taken to jail?
3. Why did Maggie hear from her father and what is she not telling him?
4. Why does the group Marguerite runs with decide to visit the Sanctuary?
5. Who is Savitar and what does he do? Where can the Katagarians and Acadians be in the same place safely?
6. What happens to Maggie's hands when Wren kisses her?
7. What do Maggie and her family's lawyer find out about Wren at the jail?
8. How does Marguerite get away from the men that attack her?
9. Why is Wren different from most humans?
10. Who does Marguerite notice is staring at her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie and Wren have to be very careful when traveling back in time, for any changes could alter the future. In many religions or philosophies the saying "time is not an arrow, but a serpent."
1. Discuss what you think is meant by the cliche about time and a serpent.
2. Do you think if time travel was possible anyone should be allowed to do it? Why or why not?
3. Discuss where and when you would like to go if you could travel in time. Include why you would want to go there.
Essay Topic 3
Maggie feels so selfish. She finally realizes the seriousness of the situation and how Wren will die in order for her to live.
1. Who are the people in your life you would die to protect? Why have you chosen those particular people?
2. Do you think that most people have loved ones they would give up their life for? Why or why not?
3. Do you think anyone who gives up his/her life to save someone they love are heroes or do you think that heroes are only those who give up their life to save a stranger? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think Maggie feels selfish? Do you think she has any reason to feel that way? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)