|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wren tell Maggie when she is concerned that they did not protect themselves before having sex?
2. What are Maggie and her friends doing?
3. What does Wren do when he looks at the tiger display?
4. Who is Dev?
5. How did Wren's parents die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wren tell Maggie about his childhood?
2. When Wren and Maggie go back to 1980, they hear his parents arguing. What were they fighting about and how did it turn out?
3. Where does Wren go when he leaves Maggie and what does he plan to do?
4. What do Wren and Maggie tell Aristotle about the future? How does he feel about it?
5. Why is Wren different from most humans?
6. Who does Wren see when he returns to the Sanctuary and what does that person tell him?
7. What does Aimee tell Maggie about Wren that shocks her and what does Maggie ask?
8. What does Wren decide to do about Maggie's problem in kissing him?
9. What does Wren's father do to Maggie?
10. What happens to Marguerite when she leaves the bar?
Essay Topic 1
Back in the 1980s, Wren hides in the bushes while he watches his mother and uncle talk on a park bench. He masks his scent and listens as Karina and Grayson make plans to kill Aristotle and keep Wren hostage for his money.
1. How does this event make the people of Wren's world seem more real? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. How do you think Wren felt as he listened to his mother and uncle? How would you feel if you heard a conversation like that? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Greed seems to be responsible in life for many unpleasant events, including homicide. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? How have you seen greed affect your life or the life of someone you know?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie feels so selfish. She finally realizes the seriousness of the situation and how Wren will die in order for her to live.
1. Who are the people in your life you would die to protect? Why have you chosen those particular people?
2. Do you think that most people have loved ones they would give up their life for? Why or why not?
3. Do you think anyone who gives up his/her life to save someone they love are heroes or do you think that heroes are only those who give up their life to save a stranger? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think Maggie feels selfish? Do you think she has any reason to feel that way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie's father scolds her for missing a week of school and for hanging out with Wren who is a meager bus boy. He tells her to straighten up or he will take everything from her.
1. What do you think of a father who threatens disinheriting a child because she/he won't do what he says? Use examples from life to support your answer. Do you think there is a better way for Maggie's father to deal with her? What is that way?
2. Do you think many children would give up their parents' money to marry who they wanted to marry? Why or why not? Would you do that?
3. Do you think Maggie would feel differently about defying her father is she didn't know Wren was wealthy? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 3,024 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)