|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to rid the sanctuary of Wren once and for all?
2. Who is Wren's cousin?
3. Who has gotten into the tiger den?
4. What is Wren?
5. What is inevitable when Wren and Maggie are alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie buy and bring to the Sanctuary and why?
2. How does Maggie feel about Wren and what does she decide to do about it?
3. What is Nicolette working on concerning Wren and who does she tell?
4. What happens when Maggie takes Wren back to Sanctuary after he was bailed out of jail?
5. Why did Maggie hear from her father and what is she not telling him?
6. What is the Omegrion?
7. Why does the group Marguerite runs with decide to visit the Sanctuary?
8. Why is Wren laying in bed and what do his brothers bring into his room?
9. Where does Wren go when he is attacked and what happens there?
10. Who does Marguerite notice is staring at her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Aristotle's love for his son is apparent to the reader, as he agrees to protect Maggie while Wren follows his mother to find out what she's up to with his uncle.
1. What are some of the ways in which Aristotle show he loves his son?
2. Do you think Karina's attitude towards her son is normal for a mother? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Considering how some parents are, do you think people in our country should have to get a license from the government in order to have children? Discuss your reasoning in depth.
Essay Topic 3
Maggie and Wren have to be very careful when traveling back in time, for any changes could alter the future. In many religions or philosophies the saying "time is not an arrow, but a serpent."
1. Discuss what you think is meant by the cliche about time and a serpent.
2. Do you think if time travel was possible anyone should be allowed to do it? Why or why not?
3. Discuss where and when you would like to go if you could travel in time. Include why you would want to go there.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)