|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wren run when attacked and what happens?
2. What does Maggie think she should do with what she finds in question 66?
3. Who would not approve of Maggie being involved with Wren?
4. What does Aimee say that surprises Maggie?
5. What year is it when the novel opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Whitethunder and what does he do?
2. What does Aimee tell Maggie about Wren that shocks her and what does Maggie ask?
3. Where do Maggie and Wren go when he sees her on campus and what do they do?
4. Who does Wren see when he returns to the Sanctuary and what does that person tell him?
5. What happens when Maggie takes Wren back to Sanctuary after he was bailed out of jail?
6. What happens to Maggie's hands when Wren kisses her?
7. What does Maggie buy and bring to the Sanctuary and why?
8. Why does Marguerite think Nick is missing?
9. What does Wren say to Maggie when she asks him not to leave her again?
10. Why is Wren different from most humans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wren tells Maggie that he cannot be with her, because he feels he will eventually hurt her. Maggie pulls the story out of him about his parents' deaths. He reluctantly tells her that his parents beat each other to death.
1. Do you think children are doomed to repeat their parents' mistakes? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is wise for Wren to worry about hurting Maggie because of what his parents did? Why or why not?
3. Discuss what you would do if you were Maggie after Wren told her about his parents.
Essay Topic 2
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie starts to cry and accepts knowing they are still not mated and cannot ever have children. Wren tells her they can always adopt.
1. Would you marry someone who couldn't have children if you wanted them? Why or why not?
2. Do you think adopting children is as good as having your own children? Why or why not?
3. If you were going to adopt a children, what kind of child would you adopt? Why?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)