|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when the novel opens?
2. Where does Maggie go to help Wren?
3. Why does Wren say he cannot be with Maggie?
4. Where does Wren go to show Maggie his handiwork?
5. What is Wren's response to seeing Maggie with someone else at Sanctuary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wren different from most humans?
2. What happens to Marguerite when she leaves the bar?
3. What happens when Maggie takes Wren back to Sanctuary after he was bailed out of jail?
4. What does Wren tell Maggie about them being together?
5. Why did Maggie hear from her father and what is she not telling him?
6. Who does Wren see when he returns to the Sanctuary and what does that person tell him?
7. What is Nicolette working on concerning Wren and who does she tell?
8. Why does Marguerite think Nick is missing?
9. What did Wren do at the zoo that was unusual?
10. What is the Omegrion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maggie gets a call on her cell phone from her father. Her courage builds up as her father is screaming at her for missing a week of school. She gets angry and tells him she cannot return at the moment, because she is running away with a tiger.
1. Do you think Maggie should tell her father the truth about her life? Why or why not?
2. Considering Maggie's age do you think her father is too controlling? Why or why not?
3. If you were Maggie how would you handle her father? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Maggie also comes to the realization that no man would have done what Wren did for her. He took a bullet for her and didn't even tell her. She is impressed, but also feels responsible for him almost dying. The most she can do is send him gifts and tell him how grateful she is for what he's done for her.
1. Do you think it's realistic for Maggie to know that Wren was shot and he's laying in a room above a bar instead of at a hospital? Does that seem to stretch credibility too much? Why or why not?
2. Maggie is saying thank-you to Wren the only way she can do it. How would you feel about someone who saved your life? How would you try to thank that person?
3. Do you think the fact that Wren is supernatural makes him less of a hero for saving Maggie and getting shot for her than if an ordinary human had done the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie starts to cry and accepts knowing they are still not mated and cannot ever have children. Wren tells her they can always adopt.
1. Would you marry someone who couldn't have children if you wanted them? Why or why not?
2. Do you think adopting children is as good as having your own children? Why or why not?
3. If you were going to adopt a children, what kind of child would you adopt? Why?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)