|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wren take Maggie?
2. Of what does the place where Maggie goes for comfort remind her?
3. What is an Omegrion?
4. Who comes up behind Maggie when she is looking at the tigers?
5. Why does Wren say he cannot be with Maggie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Maggie and Wren go when he sees her on campus and what do they do?
2. How does Wren end up in jail?
3. What is the Omegrion?
4. Where does Wren go when he is attacked and what happens there?
5. How does Marguerite get away from the men that attack her?
6. Who does Wren see when he returns to the Sanctuary and what does that person tell him?
7. What do Whitehunter and Maggie talk about while working on Wren?
8. Why did Maggie hear from her father and what is she not telling him?
9. Who does Marguerite notice is staring at her?
10. What does Aimee tell Maggie about Wren that shocks her and what does Maggie ask?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader feels the strong urge Wren has to seek out Marguerite when he lays eyes on her. He doesn't know why her presence calls to him.
1. What do you think this strong attraction foreshadows for the novel?
2. Do you believe that two people can fall in love upon first sight? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the way Wren feels is believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie feels so selfish. She finally realizes the seriousness of the situation and how Wren will die in order for her to live.
1. Who are the people in your life you would die to protect? Why have you chosen those particular people?
2. Do you think that most people have loved ones they would give up their life for? Why or why not?
3. Do you think anyone who gives up his/her life to save someone they love are heroes or do you think that heroes are only those who give up their life to save a stranger? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think Maggie feels selfish? Do you think she has any reason to feel that way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie also comes to the realization that no man would have done what Wren did for her. He took a bullet for her and didn't even tell her. She is impressed, but also feels responsible for him almost dying. The most she can do is send him gifts and tell him how grateful she is for what he's done for her.
1. Do you think it's realistic for Maggie to know that Wren was shot and he's laying in a room above a bar instead of at a hospital? Does that seem to stretch credibility too much? Why or why not?
2. Maggie is saying thank-you to Wren the only way she can do it. How would you feel about someone who saved your life? How would you try to thank that person?
3. Do you think the fact that Wren is supernatural makes him less of a hero for saving Maggie and getting shot for her than if an ordinary human had done the same? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)