Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wren handcuffed by campus police?
2. What happens to Maggie's purse?
3. Where is a meeting located at the opening of this chapter?
4. Where does Maggie think Nick is?
5. What is the meeting concerning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie tell Wren when he awakens and how does he react?
2. Why does Marguerite think Nick is missing?
3. Why is Wren being hunted and how does he feel about it?
4. What happens to Maggie's hands when Wren kisses her?
5. How does Maggie react to her new powers in the beginning?
6. What does Aimee tell Maggie about Wren that shocks her and what does Maggie ask?
7. What happens to Maggie when she disappears from Savitar's island?
8. What did Wren do at the zoo that was unusual?
9. What does Savitar tell Nick about Wren and Maggie's future?
10. What two things does Wren tell Maggie she can't ingest and how does she feel about that?
Essay Topic 1
Back at Wren's childhood home, Aristotle does something very few Were-animals do. He takes Maggie into a spare bedroom, shoves her to the floor and bites her on the shoulder. She passes out from the pain wondering why in the world he did this to her. When she awakens, Wren is in the room staring at the brown eyes of a tiger. Maggie is in the form of a tiger looking back at Wren.
1. This was quite a drastic act by Wren's father. Do you think he was wrong to do this? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
2. How would you feel and what would you do if what happened to Maggie happened to you?
3. Do you think anyone should do something that would change someone's life as much as Aristotle changed Maggie's without the permission of the person involved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Through everything Maggie and Wren have been through, the reader feels content that they will lead a long and happy life.
1. Do you think all books and movies should have happy endings? Why or why not?
2. Do you think this is an idealized ending and that real life is not necessarily happy ever after? Why or why not?
3. Considering the divorce rate in the United States, why do you think people still write books that have the "happy ever after" ending?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie feels so selfish. She finally realizes the seriousness of the situation and how Wren will die in order for her to live.
1. Who are the people in your life you would die to protect? Why have you chosen those particular people?
2. Do you think that most people have loved ones they would give up their life for? Why or why not?
3. Do you think anyone who gives up his/her life to save someone they love are heroes or do you think that heroes are only those who give up their life to save a stranger? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think Maggie feels selfish? Do you think she has any reason to feel that way? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)