|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Maggie?
2. From what sub-culture is Maggie's mother?
3. What is Whitethunder?
4. What does Wren do that surprises Dr. Alexander?
5. What happens when Maggie runs her fingers through Wren's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Omegrion?
2. What do Wren and Maggie tell Aristotle about the future? How does he feel about it?
3. What does Wren say to Maggie when she asks him not to leave her again?
4. Why is Wren different from most humans?
5. Who is Zack Tigarian and what does he say at the meeting?
6. What does Maggie find when she is cleaning her cottage and what does she decide to do about it?
7. How does Wren feel when he sees Maggie talking to Dev and why?
8. What happens when Wren and Maggie go to Savitar's island to see him?
9. Why did Maggie hear from her father and what is she not telling him?
10. What does Wren tell Maggie about the full moon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maggie's father tells her he's sorry he's late for her wedding and hands her a box that contains her grandmother's pearl necklace and earrings.
1. Do you think it is more difficult to ask for forgiveness or to give forgiveness? Why or why not?
2. Do you think that Maggie should accept her father's apology? Why or why not?
3. Do you think not forgiving someone a wrong done is harmful to the person who won't forgive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie also comes to the realization that no man would have done what Wren did for her. He took a bullet for her and didn't even tell her. She is impressed, but also feels responsible for him almost dying. The most she can do is send him gifts and tell him how grateful she is for what he's done for her.
1. Do you think it's realistic for Maggie to know that Wren was shot and he's laying in a room above a bar instead of at a hospital? Does that seem to stretch credibility too much? Why or why not?
2. Maggie is saying thank-you to Wren the only way she can do it. How would you feel about someone who saved your life? How would you try to thank that person?
3. Do you think the fact that Wren is supernatural makes him less of a hero for saving Maggie and getting shot for her than if an ordinary human had done the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
This is the first time Maggie has stood up to her father. It makes her feel very good about herself.
1. Discuss why Maggie standing up to her father might demonstrate her maturity.
2. Do you think children should never defy their parents? Why or why not?
3. Do you think Maggie handled her father the best way? Why or why not? How would you have handled the situation?
This section contains 2,865 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)