|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said about Wren?
2. Of what does the place where Maggie goes for comfort remind her?
3. Who appears to help Maggie?
4. To where does Wren flash?
5. What does Wren take Maggie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nicolette working on concerning Wren and who does she tell?
2. What does Maggie do when Wren is taken to jail?
3. What does Aimee tell Maggie about Wren that shocks her and what does Maggie ask?
4. Who is Zack Tigarian and what does he say at the meeting?
5. Why is Wren different from most humans?
6. Where do Maggie and Wren go when he sees her on campus and what do they do?
7. What happens to Maggie's hands when Wren kisses her?
8. Who is Savitar and what does he do? Where can the Katagarians and Acadians be in the same place safely?
9. How does Wren end up in jail?
10. Why does Marguerite think Nick is missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through everything Maggie and Wren have been through, the reader feels content that they will lead a long and happy life.
1. Do you think all books and movies should have happy endings? Why or why not?
2. Do you think this is an idealized ending and that real life is not necessarily happy ever after? Why or why not?
3. Considering the divorce rate in the United States, why do you think people still write books that have the "happy ever after" ending?
Essay Topic 2
Back in the 1980s, Wren hides in the bushes while he watches his mother and uncle talk on a park bench. He masks his scent and listens as Karina and Grayson make plans to kill Aristotle and keep Wren hostage for his money.
1. How does this event make the people of Wren's world seem more real? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. How do you think Wren felt as he listened to his mother and uncle? How would you feel if you heard a conversation like that? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Greed seems to be responsible in life for many unpleasant events, including homicide. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? How have you seen greed affect your life or the life of someone you know?
Essay Topic 3
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)