|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wren not come inside Maggie's house?
2. What does Aimee say that surprises Maggie?
3. Who kisses Maggie?
4. Who does Wren spot on his way to Sanctuary?
5. Who tells Wren he doesn't belong on the campus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Maggie hear from her father and what is she not telling him?
2. What does Maggie find when she is cleaning her cottage and what does she decide to do about it?
3. Why does Maggie go to the zoo?
4. What does Wren say to Maggie when she asks him not to leave her again?
5. What did Wren do at the zoo that was unusual?
6. What happens when Maggie takes Wren back to Sanctuary after he was bailed out of jail?
7. Who does Wren see when he returns to the Sanctuary and what does that person tell him?
8. Why is Wren different from most humans?
9. What is Nicolette working on concerning Wren and who does she tell?
10. What does Wren decide to do about Maggie's problem in kissing him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maggie's father tells her he's sorry he's late for her wedding and hands her a box that contains her grandmother's pearl necklace and earrings.
1. Do you think it is more difficult to ask for forgiveness or to give forgiveness? Why or why not?
2. Do you think that Maggie should accept her father's apology? Why or why not?
3. Do you think not forgiving someone a wrong done is harmful to the person who won't forgive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Wren tells Maggie that he cannot be with her, because he feels he will eventually hurt her. Maggie pulls the story out of him about his parents' deaths. He reluctantly tells her that his parents beat each other to death.
1. Do you think children are doomed to repeat their parents' mistakes? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is wise for Wren to worry about hurting Maggie because of what his parents did? Why or why not?
3. Discuss what you would do if you were Maggie after Wren told her about his parents.
Essay Topic 3
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)