|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wren rush back to from Maggie's house?
2. Why are the tigers suspicious of Wren?
3. What does Maggie find as she straightens her cottage?
4. Who appears to help Maggie?
5. What does Aimee say that surprises Maggie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Whitehunter and Maggie talk about while working on Wren?
2. Why did Maggie hear from her father and what is she not telling him?
3. What do Maggie and her family's lawyer find out about Wren at the jail?
4. How does Marguerite get away from the men that attack her?
5. How does Wren end up in jail?
6. How does Wren feel when he sees Maggie talking to Dev and why?
7. Where do Maggie and Wren go when he sees her on campus and what do they do?
8. What does Maggie find when she is cleaning her cottage and what does she decide to do about it?
9. What does Maggie do when Wren is taken to jail?
10. Who is Zack Tigarian and what does he say at the meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wren tells Maggie that he cannot be with her, because he feels he will eventually hurt her. Maggie pulls the story out of him about his parents' deaths. He reluctantly tells her that his parents beat each other to death.
1. Do you think children are doomed to repeat their parents' mistakes? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is wise for Wren to worry about hurting Maggie because of what his parents did? Why or why not?
3. Discuss what you would do if you were Maggie after Wren told her about his parents.
Essay Topic 2
Maggie feels so selfish. She finally realizes the seriousness of the situation and how Wren will die in order for her to live.
1. Who are the people in your life you would die to protect? Why have you chosen those particular people?
2. Do you think that most people have loved ones they would give up their life for? Why or why not?
3. Do you think anyone who gives up his/her life to save someone they love are heroes or do you think that heroes are only those who give up their life to save a stranger? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think Maggie feels selfish? Do you think she has any reason to feel that way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The reader feels the strong urge Wren has to seek out Marguerite when he lays eyes on her. He doesn't know why her presence calls to him.
1. What do you think this strong attraction foreshadows for the novel?
2. Do you believe that two people can fall in love upon first sight? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the way Wren feels is believable? Why or why not?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)