|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wren isolated?
2. What does Maggie find as she straightens her cottage?
3. What is Wren's full name and family situation?
4. What does Wren try to calm?
5. Where does Wren run when attacked and what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the group Marguerite runs with decide to visit the Sanctuary?
2. What did Wren do at the zoo that was unusual?
3. What happens when Maggie takes Wren back to Sanctuary after he was bailed out of jail?
4. How does Wren feel when he sees Maggie talking to Dev and why?
5. Where does Wren go when he is attacked and what happens there?
6. Why is Wren different from most humans?
7. What does Aimee tell Maggie about Wren that shocks her and what does Maggie ask?
8. How does Marguerite get away from the men that attack her?
9. What is Nicolette working on concerning Wren and who does she tell?
10. Who is Savitar and what does he do? Where can the Katagarians and Acadians be in the same place safely?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blaine pushes Wren, and this starts a fight among all of them. Wren punches Blaine in the face, and the campus police show up. In the end, they handcuff Wren. Maggie tries to protest, telling the police that Wren was just protecting himself, but Wren's look tells her to be quiet.
1. Do you think it was fair that Wren was arrested? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Wren should have hit Blaine just because Blaine pushed him? Why or why not?
3. How do you think this scene could have ended better than Wren being taken off to jail? Who might have been able to defuse the situation and how?
Essay Topic 2
The reader feels the strong urge Wren has to seek out Marguerite when he lays eyes on her. He doesn't know why her presence calls to him.
1. What do you think this strong attraction foreshadows for the novel?
2. Do you believe that two people can fall in love upon first sight? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the way Wren feels is believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Wren's father is alive and went through quite an emotional ordeal concealing himself from Wren for twenty years. Had he not, it would have altered the future, and Wren and Maggie would never have met.
1. What do you think what Aristotle did to keep the future from changing says about him as a person? As a father? Use examples to support your answer.
2. Do you think if time travel was possible it would be impossible to go to the past and not accidentally change the future? Why or why not?
3. Discuss one event in your life you would change and how if you could go through time to the past.
4. If you could go to the past to any place or time in history where would you go, who would you want to meet and what would you do?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)