Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wren handcuffed by campus police?
2. What happens to Maggie's purse?
3. Where is a meeting located at the opening of this chapter?
4. Where does Maggie think Nick is?
5. What is the meeting concerning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie tell Wren when he awakens and how does he react?
2. Why does Marguerite think Nick is missing?
3. Why is Wren being hunted and how does he feel about it?
4. What happens to Maggie's hands when Wren kisses her?
5. How does Maggie react to her new powers in the beginning?
6. What does Aimee tell Maggie about Wren that shocks her and what does Maggie ask?
7. What happens to Maggie when she disappears from Savitar's island?
8. What did Wren do at the zoo that was unusual?
9. What does Savitar tell Nick about Wren and Maggie's future?
10. What two things does Wren tell Maggie she can't ingest and how does she feel about that?
Essay Topic 1
Wren tells Maggie that he cannot be with her, because he feels he will eventually hurt her. Maggie pulls the story out of him about his parents' deaths. He reluctantly tells her that his parents beat each other to death.
1. Do you think children are doomed to repeat their parents' mistakes? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is wise for Wren to worry about hurting Maggie because of what his parents did? Why or why not?
3. Discuss what you would do if you were Maggie after Wren told her about his parents.
Essay Topic 2
Blaine pushes Wren, and this starts a fight among all of them. Wren punches Blaine in the face, and the campus police show up. In the end, they handcuff Wren. Maggie tries to protest, telling the police that Wren was just protecting himself, but Wren's look tells her to be quiet.
1. Do you think it was fair that Wren was arrested? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Wren should have hit Blaine just because Blaine pushed him? Why or why not?
3. How do you think this scene could have ended better than Wren being taken off to jail? Who might have been able to defuse the situation and how?
Essay Topic 3
Aristotle's love for his son is apparent to the reader, as he agrees to protect Maggie while Wren follows his mother to find out what she's up to with his uncle.
1. What are some of the ways in which Aristotle show he loves his son?
2. Do you think Karina's attitude towards her son is normal for a mother? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Considering how some parents are, do you think people in our country should have to get a license from the government in order to have children? Discuss your reasoning in depth.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)