|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wren run when attacked and what happens?
2. What does Wren do when he looks at the tiger display?
3. Why is Wren isolated?
4. Who is shot at?
5. Who calls and lectures Maggie about having Blaine arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wren end up in jail?
2. What does Wren tell Maggie about them being together?
3. Why does the group Marguerite runs with decide to visit the Sanctuary?
4. What did Wren do at the zoo that was unusual?
5. Who is Savitar and what does he do? Where can the Katagarians and Acadians be in the same place safely?
6. Who is Whitethunder and what does he do?
7. Why does Maggie go to the zoo?
8. How does Marguerite get away from the men that attack her?
9. Where do Maggie and Wren go when he sees her on campus and what do they do?
10. What does Maggie buy and bring to the Sanctuary and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader gets a taste of Wren's animalistic jealousy that flares up when he sees his mate (Maggie) talking to the Were-Bear (Dev).
1. Do you think jealousy is always negative? Why or why not?
2. What do you think someone should do if their significant other is a jealous person?
3. Describe a situation involving jealousy in which you have been personally involved, either by observing the situation or being in it yourself.
Essay Topic 2
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Blaine pushes Wren, and this starts a fight among all of them. Wren punches Blaine in the face, and the campus police show up. In the end, they handcuff Wren. Maggie tries to protest, telling the police that Wren was just protecting himself, but Wren's look tells her to be quiet.
1. Do you think it was fair that Wren was arrested? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Wren should have hit Blaine just because Blaine pushed him? Why or why not?
3. How do you think this scene could have ended better than Wren being taken off to jail? Who might have been able to defuse the situation and how?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)