Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wren handcuffed by campus police?
2. What happens to Maggie's purse?
3. Where is a meeting located at the opening of this chapter?
4. Where does Maggie think Nick is?
5. What is the meeting concerning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie tell Wren when he awakens and how does he react?
2. Why does Marguerite think Nick is missing?
3. Why is Wren being hunted and how does he feel about it?
4. What happens to Maggie's hands when Wren kisses her?
5. How does Maggie react to her new powers in the beginning?
6. What does Aimee tell Maggie about Wren that shocks her and what does Maggie ask?
7. What happens to Maggie when she disappears from Savitar's island?
8. What did Wren do at the zoo that was unusual?
9. What does Savitar tell Nick about Wren and Maggie's future?
10. What two things does Wren tell Maggie she can't ingest and how does she feel about that?
Essay Topic 1
Wren's father is alive and went through quite an emotional ordeal concealing himself from Wren for twenty years. Had he not, it would have altered the future, and Wren and Maggie would never have met.
1. What do you think what Aristotle did to keep the future from changing says about him as a person? As a father? Use examples to support your answer.
2. Do you think if time travel was possible it would be impossible to go to the past and not accidentally change the future? Why or why not?
3. Discuss one event in your life you would change and how if you could go through time to the past.
4. If you could go to the past to any place or time in history where would you go, who would you want to meet and what would you do?
Essay Topic 2
Wren tells Maggie that he cannot be with her, because he feels he will eventually hurt her. Maggie pulls the story out of him about his parents' deaths. He reluctantly tells her that his parents beat each other to death.
1. Do you think children are doomed to repeat their parents' mistakes? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is wise for Wren to worry about hurting Maggie because of what his parents did? Why or why not?
3. Discuss what you would do if you were Maggie after Wren told her about his parents.
Essay Topic 3
Wren Tigarian, the only child to Aristotle Tigarian and heir to Tigarian Technologies, is Givry's client. Maggie and Givry are stunned by this information.
1. Maggie now knows that Wren is wealthy. Do you think this will change her attitude towards him? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think Wren acts and dresses like he is poor? Do you think he is being arrogant to do that?
3. How do you think Blaine and the rest of Maggie's study group would have treated Wren if they had known who he was? Do you think this type of two faced behavior often encountered in society? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)