|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wren handcuffed by campus police?
2. What is the meeting concerning?
3. What amazes Maggie?
4. What will happen if Wren falls asleep?
5. Where does Wren go to show Maggie his handiwork?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Whitethunder and what does he do?
2. Why did Maggie hear from her father and what is she not telling him?
3. What does Aimee tell Maggie about Wren that shocks her and what does Maggie ask?
4. Who is Zack Tigarian and what does he say at the meeting?
5. What happens when Maggie takes Wren back to Sanctuary after he was bailed out of jail?
6. What does Maggie find when she is cleaning her cottage and what does she decide to do about it?
7. Who does Wren see when he returns to the Sanctuary and what does that person tell him?
8. What happens to Maggie's hands when Wren kisses her?
9. What is Nicolette working on concerning Wren and who does she tell?
10. Where does Wren go when he is attacked and what happens there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through everything Maggie and Wren have been through, the reader feels content that they will lead a long and happy life.
1. Do you think all books and movies should have happy endings? Why or why not?
2. Do you think this is an idealized ending and that real life is not necessarily happy ever after? Why or why not?
3. Considering the divorce rate in the United States, why do you think people still write books that have the "happy ever after" ending?
Essay Topic 2
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Blaine pushes Wren, and this starts a fight among all of them. Wren punches Blaine in the face, and the campus police show up. In the end, they handcuff Wren. Maggie tries to protest, telling the police that Wren was just protecting himself, but Wren's look tells her to be quiet.
1. Do you think it was fair that Wren was arrested? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Wren should have hit Blaine just because Blaine pushed him? Why or why not?
3. How do you think this scene could have ended better than Wren being taken off to jail? Who might have been able to defuse the situation and how?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)