|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls who see Wren think of him?
2. Why do the zookeepers feed the tigers?
3. Who tells Wren he doesn't belong on the campus?
4. Who is Maggie's dear friend?
5. Who would not approve of Maggie being involved with Wren?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Whitethunder and what does he do?
2. What happens to Marguerite when she leaves the bar?
3. What do Whitehunter and Maggie talk about while working on Wren?
4. How does Marguerite get away from the men that attack her?
5. Where do Maggie and Wren go when he sees her on campus and what do they do?
6. Who does Marguerite notice is staring at her?
7. Why does the group Marguerite runs with decide to visit the Sanctuary?
8. What happens to Maggie's hands when Wren kisses her?
9. Why did Maggie hear from her father and what is she not telling him?
10. Who is Zack Tigarian and what does he say at the meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wren tells Maggie that he cannot be with her, because he feels he will eventually hurt her. Maggie pulls the story out of him about his parents' deaths. He reluctantly tells her that his parents beat each other to death.
1. Do you think children are doomed to repeat their parents' mistakes? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is wise for Wren to worry about hurting Maggie because of what his parents did? Why or why not?
3. Discuss what you would do if you were Maggie after Wren told her about his parents.
Essay Topic 2
Maggie's father tells her he's sorry he's late for her wedding and hands her a box that contains her grandmother's pearl necklace and earrings.
1. Do you think it is more difficult to ask for forgiveness or to give forgiveness? Why or why not?
2. Do you think that Maggie should accept her father's apology? Why or why not?
3. Do you think not forgiving someone a wrong done is harmful to the person who won't forgive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The reader feels the strong urge Wren has to seek out Marguerite when he lays eyes on her. He doesn't know why her presence calls to him.
1. What do you think this strong attraction foreshadows for the novel?
2. Do you believe that two people can fall in love upon first sight? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the way Wren feels is believable? Why or why not?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)