|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wren think of Vane's plan?
(a) He thinks the key to the deposit box is at Tigarian Tech.
(b) He is confident that Vane will come up with a good plan, even though he hasn't yet done so.
(c) He wants to be the one to torture Zack.
(d) He at first scoffs at it.
2. How does Maggie deal with what Wren is telling her?
(a) She slaps Wren for lying.
(b) She curls up next to Wren for comfort.
(c) She kills herself now rather than waiting for the full moon.
(d) She calls her dad and asks him to help her.
3. What is Wren's only hesitation about saving his father's life?
(a) Wren will never meet Maggie then.
(b) Wren will have to endure his mother over the years.
(c) Wren will create a time paradox.
(d) Wren will not have the experience of learning about full-humans.
4. What do Maggie and Wren do when they realize they've been found by the hunters?
(a) They try to reason with the hunters.
(b) They transport to Wren's father's room.
(c) They hold up their arms and show they are unarmed.
(d) They start shooting the hunters with Maggie's rifle.
5. What are some of Maggie's new skills when in tiger form?
(a) She is more fertile and can conceive easily.
(b) She is much more intelligent.
(c) She can read minds.
(d) She smells keener, can hear much further, and her eyes are very sharp.
6. How long does it take for Maggie to get accustomed to her powers?
(a) A few days.
(b) She will never be able to control her powers since she obtained them as an adult.
(c) A year.
(d) Several hours.
7. Who did Wren actually see dead twenty years ago?
(b) Bill Laurens' father.
(c) Mr. Garvy's father.
(d) No one; it was an optical illusion.
8. Where do Wren and Maggie go after leaving Maggie's cottage?
(a) To one of Wren's mansions.
(b) To the college for Maggie to withdraw.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To New York to visit Aristotle.
9. What is Wren's response to Maggie's offer of protection.
(a) He says that even a were mouse would be stronger than Maggie.
(b) He says the were would just slaughter the cops.
(c) He says that perhaps if they put double locks on the doors, her plan will work.
(d) He tells her should could never stand against the were with a mere rifle.
10. What does the caller want?
(a) To know why she's missed a week of class.
(b) To find out where Dev is.
(c) To tell her that he is going to get her for getting him in trouble with the law.
(d) To invite her to his birthday gala.
11. Why did Aristotle not come to see Wren?
(a) Because Aristotle thought Wren had died in the fire.
(b) Because Wren was so slow and Aristotle did not want to be saddled with raising him.
(c) Because Bill Laurens would have turned Aristotle in for arson.
(d) Because it would have altered the future.
12. How does Maggie talk to Wren when he is in were form?
(a) She is very matter of fact telling Wren that he needs to awake and leave her house.
(b) She keeps trying to rouse him by ordering him to come to consciousness.
(c) She speaks in French, since that is his native language.
(d) As if she is talking to a house cat.
13. What decade is it at the opening of Chapter 11?
14. With whom was Wren's mother having an affair?
(a) No one.
(b) Dr. Alexander.
(c) Wren's uncle.
15. Who raised Wren after the death of his parents?
(a) Bill Lauren.
(b) No one; he was old enough to live on his own.
(c) Mr. Garvy.
(d) Dr. Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Karina call after leaving the room where she and Aristotle are talking?
2. What is Vane's plan to exonerate Wren in his parents' deaths?
3. When Maggie and Wren go see Bill Laurens, what does he tell them?
4. What does the group that is spirited to the bowels of a ship decide?
5. From whom does Maggie receive a phone call?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)