Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jefferson made Lewis a member of
2. At The Dalles, the expedition paid dearly for four horses with
3. By this time, Jefferson has retired to Monticello, and the new president is
4. By the time Lewis reaches Grinder's Inn, he seems
5. Having an Indian woman with their party signified
John Coulter left the expedition to go on to explore the Yellowstone area, with Lewis' blessings.
1) What can we learn about John Coulter? Is he famous in the annals of American history for his work?
2) Did Coulter have any productive interactions with Indians in the Yellowstone country?
3) Did Coulter keep journals, and was he also a "naturalist" like Lewis?
4) Is there any recorded history of why he made such a decision?
5) What did Coulter accomplish and when/where did he die?
Lewis and Clark were more famous after their deaths than during their lives. What can we learn about them this many years later?
1) Research and construct a report about all of the monuments, parks, schools and other landmarks that bear Lewis and/or Clark's names. Explain, for each, their significance.
2) In the alternative, research and report on how many of the rivers and landmarks that Lewis & Clark named still have those names. Many were changed in the years after the expedition, but some may have remained.
3) What educational insititution(s) specialize in the history of Lewis and Clark? Describe their research program and anything notable about the school.
Meriwether Lewis' father died when he was young and his mother remarried, changing her name to Marks.
1) Is there a genealogy of Lewis' family? Is there an organized group of "family" genealogists related to him?
2) Lewis is said to have come from royal ancestry in Europe. Research this and determine whether it is factual, and provide additional information.
3) Try to locate some information on Meriwether Lewis' father. Did he suffer from mental illness? Write an essay on his life.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)