Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jefferson made Lewis a member of
2. At The Dalles, the expedition paid dearly for four horses with
3. By this time, Jefferson has retired to Monticello, and the new president is
4. By the time Lewis reaches Grinder's Inn, he seems
5. Having an Indian woman with their party signified
Research and write an exploratory essay on the Nez Perce Indians
1) The Nez Perce were favored by Lewis and Clark as being kind, generous and trustworthy.
2) Did the Nez Perce have any earlier history with, or prior reasons to trust the white men?
3) What was the ultimate disposition of their tribe? How did the US government deal with them? Is there a reservation? Is the tribe still in existence?
4) Research and describe the customs and traditions in the Nez Perce culture.
Write a research essay about the history of syphilis in the US:
1) What are the symptoms and effects of the disease, and the prognosis in the 1800s?
2) Was there the same level of epidemic of syphilis in Europe?
3) How was it treated in Europe?
4) What was finally discovered that got syphilis under control?
5) What famous people died during that century from syphilis?
Lewis and Clark's original journals are priceless, invaluable items of American history.
1) Where are they today? Have they been preserved?
2) What kind of materials were they written on and with?
3) How much of the journals are missing, if any?
4) Has anyone, besides Biddle, tried to edit and rewrite them for general consumption? Why, or why not?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)