Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jefferson made Lewis a member of
2. At The Dalles, the expedition paid dearly for four horses with
3. By this time, Jefferson has retired to Monticello, and the new president is
4. By the time Lewis reaches Grinder's Inn, he seems
5. Having an Indian woman with their party signified
Write an exploratory essay about the esteemed American Philosophical Society, and try to answer the following questions:
1) Who established it, and when
2) Its purpose
3) Who belonged to it of note
4) What it accomplished or contributed
Meriwether Lewis and William Clark were very close friends, but had very different personalities and backgrounds. Compare and contrast:
1) How differently did the two men grow up?
2) What did they have in common?
3) How did their leadership habits mesh or clash?
4) Were they a good team?
Write a critical essay about Thomas Jefferson and his wild ideas of a water route to the Pacific.
1) What were Jefferson's motives? Were they mercenary? Why did he want to be the one to find the passage?
2) Do you feel Jefferson sacrificed Lewis, knowing that the odds were against his returning safely?
3) Did Jefferson desert Lewis in his time of need? Did he fight for him after he left office when his vouchers were in question?
4) Why did Jefferson lay the burden of publishing the data on Lewis personally, and later on Clark?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)