|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black Buffalo was a chief of the
2. Neither Captain took Sacagawea along to meet the Indians
(a) For unknown reasons
(b) Because they were concerned about her health
(c) Because she was only good for negotiating
(d) Because she needed to stay with her child
3. Andre Michaux was selected to lead an expedition west until Jefferson discovered that
(a) Michaux was an agent of the French government
(b) Michaux was incapable of understanding his peers
(c) Michaux's interests lay in his own personal wealth
(d) Michaux was under educated
4. The Arikaras' island is covered with
(a) Dirt and rocks
(b) Flowers and butteflies
(c) Growing vegetables
(d) Reptiles and strange birds
5. What was Jefferson's suggestion to Napoleon regarding New Orleans?
(a) Cede the area to Spain in order to balance things
(b) Sign the area over to the British to arouse enmity
(c) Cede the area to the U.S. to prevent a war between allies
(d) Go to war with Spain to establish possesssion
Short Answer Questions
1. Meriwether Lewis has a penchant for
2. It is important to Lewis that the men consider
3. Among his peers, Lewis is considered
4. Clark noted that he was concerned that the expedition had insufficient
5. Clark's feet sufferred from wounds made by
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the large keelboat and its journey back to St. Louis.
2. Why were the Captains' gifts considered insufficient by the Teton Sioux Indians?
3. Discuss Meriwether Lewis' response to the fact that some of his soldiers were planning to publish their own journals of the expedition.
4. Describe the difference between the more northern Walla Walla Indians and the coastal Chinookian tribes, as Lewis perceived it.
5. What was Lewis' biggest failure?
6. Describe the relationship between the Corps of Discovery and the Nez Perce.
7. What may Lewis have been talking about when Mrs. Grinder heard him taking to himself like a lawyer?
8. Why was Lewis angry with Drouillard and Shields after seeing a young Indian?
9. What is it that begins to finally destroy Lewis financially?
10. What was ironic about the government's response to the Whiskey Rebellion of 1794?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)