|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Naoetsu camp?
2. What enraged The Bird?
3. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
4. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
5. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
2. What was Louis told about running again?
3. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
4. How did Watanabe change?
5. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
6. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
7. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
8. What plan did prisoners hatch in Chapter 20?
9. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
10. Who was Lynn Moody?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the reasons that Mutsuhiro Watanbe gave for his cruel treatment of prisoners.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the time spent in the raft in the Pacific and the significance of the decisions made during this time.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of resilience in the book "Unbroken" and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)