|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
2. What would be worth going to a punishment camp according to Louis?
3. When did Louis and Cynthia marry?
4. What was Zamperini's family told about him according to Chapter 21?
5. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
2. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
3. How did Watanabe change?
4. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
5. Why were some of the guards fearful?
6. Why was Louis in high demand?
7. What was Louis told about running again?
8. Who appeared alive in Chapter 37?
9. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
10. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the time spent in the raft in the Pacific and the significance of the decisions made during this time.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that running and the Olympics had in Louis Zamperini's life.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role the Zamperini family had in Louis' failures and successes.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)