|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
2. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
3. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
4. What didn't the American troops find in Kwajalein about Louis?
5. What did the American troops do to Kwajalein?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Japanese police do in Chapter 36?
2. How did Watanabe change?
3. What was found on a mountainside?
4. Who was Lynn Moody?
5. What plan did prisoners hatch in Chapter 20?
6. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
7. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
8. What was Louis told about running again?
9. Why was Louis in high demand?
10. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether the United States needed to drop the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in order to end World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of spies in the book and discuss what role Sasaki had and why he was suspected of spying.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of resilience in the book "Unbroken" and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)