|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Louis outside of the camp in Chapter 25?
2. What did the POW find as the walked down the mountain to the nearest village?
3. How many POWs had wet beriberi according to Chapter 35?
4. Where was the Omori POW camp located?
5. What was Louis in high demand for in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
2. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
3. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
4. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
5. What was Louis told about running again?
6. Why were some of the guards fearful?
7. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
8. Why was Louis in high demand?
9. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
10. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Allied aircraft, especially that of the United States with the strength of Japanese forces. Discuss why the B-29 bomber was capable of instilling fear in the Japanese.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)