|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Falconer survive?
2. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
3. Why was it an advantage to have the enlisted men go outside the camp.
4. What rumor began to circulate in Japanese camp in 1945 according to Chapter 29?
5. What would Watanabe sometimes do after beating a prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Watanabe change?
2. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
3. What plan did prisoners hatch in Chapter 20?
4. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
5. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
6. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
7. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
8. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
9. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
10. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role the Zamperini family had in Louis' failures and successes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the trials for war crimes committed during World War II and the efforts made to bring war criminals to justice.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)