|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day was Mother's Day for Louis' mother following his release?
2. What sentence was Jimmie Sasaki given?
3. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
4. How long after going missing was Louis declared dead?
5. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was found on a mountainside?
2. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
3. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
4. Where was Louis taken one day?
5. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
6. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
7. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
8. Who was Mutsuhiro Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
9. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
10. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what methods Hillenbrand may have used to write the book "Unbroken" and why she relied on research and witness accounts for her writing.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of spies in the book and discuss what role Sasaki had and why he was suspected of spying.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of resilience in the book "Unbroken" and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)