|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be worth going to a punishment camp according to Louis?
2. Where was the Omori POW camp located?
3. What did the prisoners spot for the first time soon after Louis' trip outside the camp?
4. What was Watanabe's nickname in Chapter 24?
5. When was Cissy Zamperini born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
2. What did a few prisoners plan in 1944 in Chapter 22?
3. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
4. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
5. Who appeared alive in Chapter 37?
6. How did Watanabe change?
7. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
8. What was found on a mountainside?
9. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
10. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that running and the Olympics had in Louis Zamperini's life.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of propaganda during World War II and discuss why it may have been important to gather influential/well-known POWs for the propaganda.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what methods Hillenbrand may have used to write the book "Unbroken" and why she relied on research and witness accounts for her writing.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)