|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hiroshima bombed?
2. What was Louis given to read in Chapter 26 when he went back to the radio station?
3. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
4. What did the women look like to Ken Marvin?
5. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was found on a mountainside?
2. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
3. Why was Louis in high demand?
4. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
5. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
6. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
7. What did the Japanese police do in Chapter 36?
8. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
9. How did Watanabe change?
10. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that running and the Olympics had in Louis Zamperini's life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Allied aircraft, especially that of the United States with the strength of Japanese forces. Discuss why the B-29 bomber was capable of instilling fear in the Japanese.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Geneva Convention and why Japan did not ratify the agreement.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)