|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Falconer survive?
2. Who was transferred to Omori in Chapter 27?
3. What was the Naoetsu camp?
4. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
5. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Lynn Moody?
2. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
3. What did a few prisoners plan in 1944 in Chapter 22?
4. What did the Japanese police do in Chapter 36?
5. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
6. How did Watanabe change?
7. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
8. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
9. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
10. What was found on a mountainside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two men described in the book and compare their lives before and after their time as prisoners of war.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether the United States needed to drop the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in order to end World War II.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of resilience in the book "Unbroken" and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)