|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
2. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
3. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
4. What sentence was Jimmie Sasaki given?
5. What car did Louis buy prior to his wedding with Cynthia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
2. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
3. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
4. Who was Lynn Moody?
5. What did the Japanese police do in Chapter 36?
6. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
7. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
8. Why were some of the guards fearful?
9. Who appeared alive in Chapter 37?
10. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of propaganda during World War II and discuss why it may have been important to gather influential/well-known POWs for the propaganda.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of resilience in the book "Unbroken" and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of eugenics in the United States and abroad. Compare eugenics in the United States with those practiced by the Nazis.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)