|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did R. Hawkins drop before heading home?
2. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
3. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
4. How long after Louis left Omori was 16 square miles of Tokyo incinerated?
5. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the prisoners of war learn in May,1945, according to Chapter 29?
2. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
3. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
4. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
5. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
6. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
7. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
8. Who appeared alive in Chapter 37?
9. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
10. How did Watanabe change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the reasons that Mutsuhiro Watanbe gave for his cruel treatment of prisoners.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that the Army Air Corps had in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of POW camps and the treatment received by the prisoners and what prisoners did in the camps.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)