|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor began to circulate in Japanese camp in 1945 according to Chapter 29?
2. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
3. What was Louis in high demand for in Chapter 34?
4. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
5. Why were the enlisted men taken outside the camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history of eugenics in the United States and abroad. Compare eugenics in the United States with those practiced by the Nazis.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of propaganda during World War II and discuss why it may have been important to gather influential/well-known POWs for the propaganda.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the time spent in the raft in the Pacific and the significance of the decisions made during this time.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)