|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the American troops do to Kwajalein?
2. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
3. What did John Falconer survive?
4. When does Chapter 29 begin?
5. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
2. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
3. Where was Louis taken one day?
4. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
5. What plan did prisoners hatch in Chapter 20?
6. Why was Louis in high demand?
7. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
8. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
9. What was Louis told about running again?
10. Who was Lynn Moody?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Phil's leadership skills with those of Louis and find similarities and differences between the two men.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Allied aircraft, especially that of the United States with the strength of Japanese forces. Discuss why the B-29 bomber was capable of instilling fear in the Japanese.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)