|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank was Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
2. Where did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
3. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
4. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
5. What did R. Hawkins drop before heading home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Watanabe change?
2. What did a few prisoners plan in 1944 in Chapter 22?
3. Where was Louis taken one day?
4. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
5. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
6. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
7. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
8. Why were some of the guards fearful?
9. Why was Louis in high demand?
10. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of propaganda during World War II and discuss why it may have been important to gather influential/well-known POWs for the propaganda.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what methods Hillenbrand may have used to write the book "Unbroken" and why she relied on research and witness accounts for her writing.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)