|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Cynthia first meet the Zanperini family?
2. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
3. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
4. What was Zamperini's family told about him according to Chapter 21?
5. When was Hiroshima bombed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
2. Who appeared alive in Chapter 37?
3. What did the prisoners of war learn in May,1945, according to Chapter 29?
4. Why was Louis in high demand?
5. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
6. Where was Louis taken one day?
7. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
8. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
9. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
10. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of spies in the book and discuss what role Sasaki had and why he was suspected of spying.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two men described in the book and compare their lives before and after their time as prisoners of war.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the reasons that Mutsuhiro Watanbe gave for his cruel treatment of prisoners.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)