|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence was Jimmie Sasaki given?
2. What would Watanabe sometimes do after beating a prisoner?
3. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
4. What did the American troops do to Kwajalein?
5. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Watanabe change?
2. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
3. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
4. What did the prisoners of war learn in May,1945, according to Chapter 29?
5. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
6. Who was Lynn Moody?
7. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
8. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
9. What plan did prisoners hatch in Chapter 20?
10. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the reasons that Mutsuhiro Watanbe gave for his cruel treatment of prisoners.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Phil's leadership skills with those of Louis and find similarities and differences between the two men.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)