|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Cynthia first meet the Zanperini family?
2. What did the POW find as the walked down the mountain to the nearest village?
3. Why were the enlisted men taken outside the camp?
4. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
5. What were Louis' nightmares about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were some of the guards fearful?
2. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
3. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
4. Who was Mutsuhiro Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
5. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
6. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
7. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
8. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
9. Who was Lynn Moody?
10. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the reasons that Mutsuhiro Watanbe gave for his cruel treatment of prisoners.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of POW camps and the treatment received by the prisoners and what prisoners did in the camps.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Geneva Convention and why Japan did not ratify the agreement.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)