|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
2. Why did Lynn Moody recognize Louis?
3. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
4. What was Louis suffering from in August, 1945?
5. When did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
2. Where was Louis taken one day?
3. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
4. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
5. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
6. How did Watanabe change?
7. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
8. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
9. Why was Louis in high demand?
10. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of spies in the book and discuss what role Sasaki had and why he was suspected of spying.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role the Zamperini family had in Louis' failures and successes.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)