|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
2. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
3. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
4. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
5. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
2. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
3. Who was Lynn Moody?
4. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
5. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
6. How did Watanabe change?
7. Where was Louis taken one day?
8. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
9. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
10. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Allied aircraft, especially that of the United States with the strength of Japanese forces. Discuss why the B-29 bomber was capable of instilling fear in the Japanese.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of propaganda during World War II and discuss why it may have been important to gather influential/well-known POWs for the propaganda.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Geneva Convention and why Japan did not ratify the agreement.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)