|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
2. How many POWs had wet beriberi according to Chapter 35?
3. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
4. What didn't the American troops find in Kwajalein about Louis?
5. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
2. Why were some of the guards fearful?
3. What plan did prisoners hatch in Chapter 20?
4. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
5. What did a few prisoners plan in 1944 in Chapter 22?
6. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
7. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
8. Where was Louis taken one day?
9. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
10. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that the Army Air Corps had in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what methods Hillenbrand may have used to write the book "Unbroken" and why she relied on research and witness accounts for her writing.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)