|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car did Louis buy prior to his wedding with Cynthia?
2. Who did Watanabe feel was the only one who could judge him?
3. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
4. What did Tinker find in camp?
5. Who heard of Watanabe's cruelty and put pressure on the military to remedy the situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Lynn Moody?
2. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
3. Who appeared alive in Chapter 37?
4. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
5. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
6. What was Louis told about running again?
7. How did Watanabe change?
8. What was found on a mountainside?
9. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
10. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the reasons that Mutsuhiro Watanbe gave for his cruel treatment of prisoners.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what methods Hillenbrand may have used to write the book "Unbroken" and why she relied on research and witness accounts for her writing.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that running and the Olympics had in Louis Zamperini's life.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)