|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lieutenant Colonel Marion Unruh given in Chapter 32?
2. How long after Louis left Omori was 16 square miles of Tokyo incinerated?
3. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
4. What did Harris spend the summer of 1944 doing according to Chapter 22?
5. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Japanese police do in Chapter 36?
2. Who was Mutsuhiro Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
3. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
4. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
5. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
6. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
7. Why were some of the guards fearful?
8. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
9. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
10. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role the Zamperini family had in Louis' failures and successes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Phil's leadership skills with those of Louis and find similarities and differences between the two men.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)