|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
2. Where were the 1936 Olympics held according to Chapter 3?
3. What team did Louis Zamperini join?
4. Where were the 1940's Olympics supposed to take place?
5. Russell Phillips was from __________..
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
2. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
3. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
4. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
5. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
6. What happened when they spotted an island?
7. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
8. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
9. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
10. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the trials for war crimes committed during World War II and the efforts made to bring war criminals to justice.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of eugenics in the United States and abroad. Compare eugenics in the United States with those practiced by the Nazis.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role the Zamperini family had in Louis' failures and successes.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)