|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
2. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
3. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
4. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
5. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
2. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
3. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
4. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
5. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
6. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
7. What were "The Stinking Six" according to Chapter 10?
8. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
9. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
10. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what methods Hillenbrand may have used to write the book "Unbroken" and why she relied on research and witness accounts for her writing.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Geneva Convention and why Japan did not ratify the agreement.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of resilience in the book "Unbroken" and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)