|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Phil do before slipping into unconsciousness?
2. What did Louis Zamperini think when the plane was about to crash?
3. How many names of MIA Marines did Louis find in his cell according to Chapter 18?
4. What was Louis Zamperini's place in the qualifying race in Germany?
5. What did Louis kill on the raft in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
2. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
3. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
4. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
5. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
6. What was in the rafts?
7. How does the preface of "Unbroken" begin?
8. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
9. Who was William Harris in Chapter 20?
10. What was Louis able to do in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Zamperini's conversion and determine whether he is a good example of forgiveness and compassion.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that the Army Air Corps had in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)