|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Phil get out of the plane?
2. Who took the lead in Louis Zamperini's qualifying race?
3. In what year did Germany and Japan start invading other countries according to Chapter 5?
4. What did Phil and his co-pilot notice before an engine failed on their new plane?
5. What university was Jimmie Sasaki attending?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
2. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
3. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
4. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
5. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
6. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
7. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
8. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
9. What was Louis able to do in Chapter 12?
10. Where did Louis find himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history of eugenics in the United States and abroad. Compare eugenics in the United States with those practiced by the Nazis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of POW camps and the treatment received by the prisoners and what prisoners did in the camps.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that the Army Air Corps had in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)