|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the lead in Louis Zamperini's qualifying race?
2. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
3. What was Louis Zamperini's place in the qualifying race in Germany?
4. What did Louis Zamperini and his crew name their plane?
5. How many bombers were sent to bomb Nauru according to Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
2. What was Louis able to do in Chapter 12?
3. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
4. What did Louis find when examining his cell in Chapter 18?
5. What was in the rafts?
6. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
7. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
8. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
9. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
10. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of spies in the book and discuss what role Sasaki had and why he was suspected of spying.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of propaganda during World War II and discuss why it may have been important to gather influential/well-known POWs for the propaganda.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the trials for war crimes committed during World War II and the efforts made to bring war criminals to justice.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)