|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Louis Zamperini 's older brother?
2. When did the men in the raft see another plane according to Chapter 15?
3. What did Louis do to keep the shark at bay?
4. What did Louis do after calling for Phil in his cell?
5. Where were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to after getting their plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
2. Where did Louis find himself?
3. What were "The Stinking Six" according to Chapter 10?
4. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
5. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
6. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
7. From whom did Louis receive congratulations?
8. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
9. What could the men not stomach in Chapter 14?
10. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of propaganda during World War II and discuss why it may have been important to gather influential/well-known POWs for the propaganda.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Phil's leadership skills with those of Louis and find similarities and differences between the two men.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Zamperini's conversion and determine whether he is a good example of forgiveness and compassion.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)