|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
2. What did the Japanese build in the Nauru?
3. Where were the 1936 Olympics held according to Chapter 3?
4. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
5. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
2. What did the Japanese police do in Chapter 36?
3. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
4. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
5. What was found on a mountainside?
6. What happened to Mac in Chapter 16?
7. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
8. Why was Louis in high demand?
9. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
10. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what methods Hillenbrand may have used to write the book "Unbroken" and why she relied on research and witness accounts for her writing.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the trials for war crimes committed during World War II and the efforts made to bring war criminals to justice.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)