|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was lost during the crash?
2. What did Phil and his co-pilot notice before an engine failed on their new plane?
3. What plane did Louis and the men in the raft signal?
4. What team did Louis Zamperini join?
5. From what altitudes were the bombers supposed to bomb Nauru?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
2. Where did Louis find himself?
3. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
4. What was in the rafts?
5. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
6. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
7. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
8. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
9. Who was William Harris in Chapter 20?
10. What happened to Mac in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of POW camps and the treatment received by the prisoners and what prisoners did in the camps.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Phil's leadership skills with those of Louis and find similarities and differences between the two men.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the reasons that Mutsuhiro Watanbe gave for his cruel treatment of prisoners.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)