|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
2. How many names of MIA Marines did Louis find in his cell according to Chapter 18?
3. What was the nickname of the man who trained Louis Zamperini?
4. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
5. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
2. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
3. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
4. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
5. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
6. Where did Louis find himself?
7. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
8. Who was Russell Phillips?
9. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
10. What did Louis find when examining his cell in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that the Army Air Corps had in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the time spent in the raft in the Pacific and the significance of the decisions made during this time.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the reasons that Mutsuhiro Watanbe gave for his cruel treatment of prisoners.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)