|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the 1936 Olympics held according to Chapter 3?
2. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
3. What did Louis kill on the raft in Chapter 16?
4. Where were the 1940's Olympics supposed to take place?
5. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
2. What was in the rafts?
3. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
4. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
5. What was Louis able to do in Chapter 12?
6. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
7. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
8. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
9. Who was Russell Phillips?
10. What happened when they spotted an island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of POW camps and the treatment received by the prisoners and what prisoners did in the camps.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)