|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
2. How many holes did Super Man have?
3. What did Francis MacNamara start to do after some time in the raft?
4. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
5. What was lost during the crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when they spotted an island?
2. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
3. What happened to Mac in Chapter 16?
4. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
5. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
6. From whom did Louis receive congratulations?
7. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
8. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
9. What were "The Stinking Six" according to Chapter 10?
10. Who was William Harris in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Allied aircraft, especially that of the United States with the strength of Japanese forces. Discuss why the B-29 bomber was capable of instilling fear in the Japanese.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that running and the Olympics had in Louis Zamperini's life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of eugenics in the United States and abroad. Compare eugenics in the United States with those practiced by the Nazis.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)