|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis Zamperini and the rest of the trainees share?
2. Russell Phillips was from __________..
3. What was the nickname of Francis MacNamara?
4. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
5. How did Phil get out of the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Russell Phillips?
2. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
3. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
4. From whom did Louis receive congratulations?
5. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
6. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
7. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
8. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
9. What were "The Stinking Six" according to Chapter 10?
10. What was Louis able to do in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two men described in the book and compare their lives before and after their time as prisoners of war.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Phil's leadership skills with those of Louis and find similarities and differences between the two men.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of eugenics in the United States and abroad. Compare eugenics in the United States with those practiced by the Nazis.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)