|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Japanese man tell Louis about the MIA Marines listed on the cell wall in Kwajalein?
2. Russell Phillips was from __________..
3. What university was Jimmie Sasaki attending?
4. What did Louis do after calling for Phil in his cell?
5. In what year did Germany and Japan start invading other countries according to Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Louis told about running again?
2. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
3. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
4. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
5. After Louis turned his life around, what did he become according to Chapter 39?
6. How does the preface of "Unbroken" begin?
7. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
8. How did Watanabe change?
9. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
10. What happened when they spotted an island?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the theme of resilience in the book "Unbroken" and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role the Zamperini family had in Louis' failures and successes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)