|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret piece of equipment did Louis Zamperini use during the bombing run on Wake Island?
2. Where was Phil sent to in Chapter 20?
3. What was lost during the crash?
4. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
5. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
2. Who was Lynn Moody?
3. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
4. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
5. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
6. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
7. Where did Louis go in 1950?
8. Who was Mutsuhiro Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
9. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
10. What could the men not stomach in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history of eugenics in the United States and abroad. Compare eugenics in the United States with those practiced by the Nazis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)