|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the principal of Louis Zamperini 's school forbid him to do in Chapter 2?
2. What university was Jimmie Sasaki attending?
3. How many bombers were sent to bomb Nauru according to Chapter 9?
4. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
5. What did Louis Zamperini and his crew name their plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Mac in Chapter 16?
2. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
3. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
4. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
5. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
6. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
7. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
8. How does the preface of "Unbroken" begin?
9. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
10. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that the Army Air Corps had in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that running and the Olympics had in Louis Zamperini's life.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role the Zamperini family had in Louis' failures and successes.
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)