|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Louis Zamperini live as a child?
2. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
3. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
4. What did Louis do after calling for Phil in his cell?
5. What nickname was given to the Japanese bombers that raided Fanafuti?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
2. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
3. Who was William Harris in Chapter 20?
4. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
5. What did Louis find when examining his cell in Chapter 18?
6. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
7. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
8. From whom did Louis receive congratulations?
9. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
10. What was in the rafts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role the Zamperini family had in Louis' failures and successes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether the United States needed to drop the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in order to end World War II.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the time spent in the raft in the Pacific and the significance of the decisions made during this time.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)