|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis discover after waking up in Chapter 13?
2. How was Louis Zamperini as a child?
3. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
4. In what year does Chapter 1 begin?
5. Russell Phillips was from __________..
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
2. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
3. What could the men not stomach in Chapter 14?
4. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
5. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
6. What did Louis find when examining his cell in Chapter 18?
7. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
8. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
9. Where did Louis find himself?
10. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Geneva Convention and why Japan did not ratify the agreement.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of resilience in the book "Unbroken" and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Phil's leadership skills with those of Louis and find similarities and differences between the two men.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)