|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much weight did Louis Zamperini gain on the trip to Germany from the time he got on the boat?
2. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
3. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What did Louis Zamperini's brother tell the principal that Louis needed?
5. What did Louis do to keep the shark at bay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
2. What was Louis told about running again?
3. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
4. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
5. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
6. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
7. Why was Louis in high demand?
8. Who was Russell Phillips?
9. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
10. How did Watanabe change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of propaganda during World War II and discuss why it may have been important to gather influential/well-known POWs for the propaganda.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of resilience in the book "Unbroken" and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Zamperini's conversion and determine whether he is a good example of forgiveness and compassion.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)