|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Phil sent to in Chapter 20?
2. What was the nickname of the man who trained Louis Zamperini?
3. How much weight did Louis Zamperini gain on the trip to Germany from the time he got on the boat?
4. From what altitudes were the bombers supposed to bomb Nauru?
5. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when they spotted an island?
2. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
3. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
4. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
5. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
6. Where did Louis find himself?
7. How does the preface of "Unbroken" begin?
8. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
9. What were "The Stinking Six" according to Chapter 10?
10. What did Louis find when examining his cell in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that running and the Olympics had in Louis Zamperini's life.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Phil's leadership skills with those of Louis and find similarities and differences between the two men.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)