|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
2. What was Louis Zamperini afraid of with his new airplane?
3. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
4. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
5. What promise did Louis make on the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
2. From whom did Louis receive congratulations?
3. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
4. What could the men not stomach in Chapter 14?
5. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
6. Who was William Harris in Chapter 20?
7. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
8. What happened to Mac in Chapter 16?
9. Where did Louis find himself?
10. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that the Army Air Corps had in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Allied aircraft, especially that of the United States with the strength of Japanese forces. Discuss why the B-29 bomber was capable of instilling fear in the Japanese.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the trials for war crimes committed during World War II and the efforts made to bring war criminals to justice.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)