|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
2. What team did Louis Zamperini join?
3. What did the principal of Louis Zamperini 's school forbid him to do in Chapter 2?
4. How many holes did Super Man have?
5. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
2. What were "The Stinking Six" according to Chapter 10?
3. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
4. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
5. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
6. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
7. What happened when they spotted an island?
8. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
9. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
10. How does the preface of "Unbroken" begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Phil's leadership skills with those of Louis and find similarities and differences between the two men.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Geneva Convention and why Japan did not ratify the agreement.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of propaganda during World War II and discuss why it may have been important to gather influential/well-known POWs for the propaganda.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)