|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Phil and his co-pilot notice before an engine failed on their new plane?
2. From whom did Louis Zamperini receive congratulations?
3. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
4. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
5. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Louis find himself?
2. Where did Louis go in 1950?
3. What was Louis able to do in Chapter 12?
4. What happened when they spotted an island?
5. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
6. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
7. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
8. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
9. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
10. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the reasons that Mutsuhiro Watanbe gave for his cruel treatment of prisoners.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what methods Hillenbrand may have used to write the book "Unbroken" and why she relied on research and witness accounts for her writing.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Geneva Convention and why Japan did not ratify the agreement.
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)