|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
2. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
3. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
4. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
5. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
2. Who was Russell Phillips?
3. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
4. What was Louis able to do in Chapter 12?
5. Where did Louis find himself?
6. What happened when they spotted an island?
7. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
8. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
9. Who was William Harris in Chapter 20?
10. What did Louis find when examining his cell in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of spies in the book and discuss what role Sasaki had and why he was suspected of spying.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the time spent in the raft in the Pacific and the significance of the decisions made during this time.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)