|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
2. What happened to Louis Zamperini when he got close to the head of the qualifying race?
3. What did Louis Zamperini's brother tell the principal that Louis needed?
4. What did Phil and his co-pilot notice before an engine failed on their new plane?
5. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could the men not stomach in Chapter 14?
2. What did Louis find when examining his cell in Chapter 18?
3. What were "The Stinking Six" according to Chapter 10?
4. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
5. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
6. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
7. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
8. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
9. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
10. Where did Louis find himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of spies in the book and discuss what role Sasaki had and why he was suspected of spying.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the time spent in the raft in the Pacific and the significance of the decisions made during this time.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of resilience in the book "Unbroken" and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)