|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Louis Zamperini's place in the qualifying race in Germany?
2. Whose control were Marshall and Gilbert Island under?
3. What was lost during the crash?
4. What was Louis Zamperini intimidated with in Germany?
5. What did Louis give to the Japanese interrogating him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
2. What could the men not stomach in Chapter 14?
3. How does the preface of "Unbroken" begin?
4. What were "The Stinking Six" according to Chapter 10?
5. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
6. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
7. Where did Louis find himself?
8. What happened to Mac in Chapter 16?
9. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
10. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether the United States needed to drop the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in order to end World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of POW camps and the treatment received by the prisoners and what prisoners did in the camps.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)