Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Phil and his co-pilot notice before an engine failed on their new plane?
2. From whom did Louis Zamperini receive congratulations?
3. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
4. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
5. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Louis find himself?
2. Where did Louis go in 1950?
3. What was Louis able to do in Chapter 12?
4. What happened when they spotted an island?
5. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
6. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
7. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
8. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
9. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
10. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
Discuss the importance of the trials for war crimes committed during World War II and the efforts made to bring war criminals to justice.
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
Examine the role that the Army Air Corps had in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)