|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What did Phil do before slipping into unconsciousness?
3. When did the men in the raft see another plane according to Chapter 15?
4. How many names of MIA Marines did Louis find in his cell according to Chapter 18?
5. What was the name of Louis Zamperini 's older brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Watanabe change?
2. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
3. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
4. What accounts does Hillenbrand give?
5. What happened when they spotted an island?
6. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
7. What did Louis begin in the Epilogue?
8. Why were some of the guards fearful?
9. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
10. Who was Russell Phillips?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history of eugenics in the United States and abroad. Compare eugenics in the United States with those practiced by the Nazis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why the bombers used in World War II were considered unreliable and examine why they were used despite a high number of casualties.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether the United States needed to drop the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in order to end World War II.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)