|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what race did Louis Zamperini decide he should compete?
2. How did prisoners in Louis camp communicate with each other?
3. How many holes did Super Man have?
4. What engines failed on Louis Zamperini 's plane?
5. In what year does Chapter 1 begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could the men not stomach in Chapter 14?
2. Who was Russell Phillips?
3. From whom did Louis receive congratulations?
4. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
5. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
6. What happened when they spotted an island?
7. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
8. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
9. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
10. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the reasons that Mutsuhiro Watanbe gave for his cruel treatment of prisoners.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of post-traumatic stress disorder in war veterans from the Pacific Theater and why each veteran needed to find his own path.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the time spent in the raft in the Pacific and the significance of the decisions made during this time.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)