|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the 1940's Olympics supposed to take place?
2. From what altitudes were the bombers supposed to bomb Nauru?
3. What did Louis Zamperini think when the plane was about to crash?
4. What was the name of Louis Zamperini 's older brother?
5. What did the Japanese man tell Louis about the MIA Marines listed on the cell wall in Kwajalein?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Louis able to do in Chapter 12?
2. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
3. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
4. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
5. From whom did Louis receive congratulations?
6. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
7. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
8. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
9. Who was Russell Phillips?
10. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Allied aircraft, especially that of the United States with the strength of Japanese forces. Discuss why the B-29 bomber was capable of instilling fear in the Japanese.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the trials for war crimes committed during World War II and the efforts made to bring war criminals to justice.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that the Army Air Corps had in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)