|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Louis and Cynthia marry?
(a) May 25.
(b) May 17.
(c) May 30.
(d) May 20.
2. How long after going missing was Louis declared dead?
(a) 13 months.
(b) 16 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 19 months.
3. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
(a) 15 months.
(b) 13 months.
(c) 11 months.
(d) 17 months.
4. Why did the prisoners nickname the guards?
(a) The guards never told their names.
(b) The prisoners wanted to create their own language.
(c) They could talk about them without retaliation.
(d) They couldn't remember their names.
5. What rumor began to circulate in Japanese camp in 1945 according to Chapter 29?
(a) The liberation policy.
(b) The no surrender policy.
(c) The kill all policy.
(d) The Emperor must survive policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
2. How much money did the man who was proposing to resell earth moving equipment to the Philippines ask Louis for?
3. What did the prisoners spot for the first time soon after Louis' trip outside the camp?
4. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
5. How high was the pile of wood made from the camp's fence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a few prisoners plan in 1944 in Chapter 22?
2. What did the prisoners of war learn in May,1945, according to Chapter 29?
3. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
4. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
5. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
6. How did Watanabe change?
7. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
8. What plan did prisoners hatch in Chapter 20?
9. Who was Lynn Moody?
10. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)