|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
2. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
(a) He pretended not to know how to read.
(b) He read it in a joking tone.
(c) He refused to read it.
(d) He crumpled the paper.
3. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
(a) The Armerican secret service.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The American military.
(d) The Japanese police.
4. Who heard of Watanabe's cruelty and put pressure on the military to remedy the situation?
(a) A high ranking Japanese army.
(b) A member of the Imperial Family.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The Mayor of the local village.
5. What was Lieutenant Colonel Marion Unruh given in Chapter 32?
(a) The camp commander's pistol.
(b) The camp commander's hat.
(c) The camp commander's sword.
(d) The camp commander's medals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
2. What sentence was Jimmie Sasaki given?
3. What was the Naoetsu camp?
4. What did the women look like to Ken Marvin?
5. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan did prisoners hatch in Chapter 20?
2. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
3. What was Louis told about running again?
4. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
5. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
6. Why was Louis in high demand?
7. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
8. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
9. What did the prisoners of war learn in May,1945, according to Chapter 29?
10. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)