|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
(a) August 20, 1945.
(b) August 24, 1945.
(c) August 26, 1945.
(d) August 22, 1945.
2. Why did the prisoners nickname the guards?
(a) They couldn't remember their names.
(b) They could talk about them without retaliation.
(c) The guards never told their names.
(d) The prisoners wanted to create their own language.
3. What car did Louis buy prior to his wedding with Cynthia?
(a) A Ford convertible.
(b) A Buick convertible.
(c) A Chevy convertible.
(d) An Edsel.
4. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
(a) He was sent to a Kamikaze unit.
(b) He was sent to the front lines.
(c) He was honored by the Emperor himself.
(d) He was transferred to another prison and promoted.
5. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
(b) By cars.
(c) By plane.
(d) By train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
2. What did the POW find as the walked down the mountain to the nearest village?
3. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
4. What did Harris plan to do if the plan succeeded?
5. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was found on a mountainside?
2. What did a few prisoners plan in 1944 in Chapter 22?
3. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
4. How did Watanabe change?
5. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
6. Who was Lynn Moody?
7. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
8. What did the Japanese police do in Chapter 36?
9. Where was Louis taken one day?
10. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)