|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
2. Who was transferred to Omori in Chapter 27?
(a) Bill Harris.
(b) Robert Helis.
3. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
(a) A new prisoner.
(b) A Japanese guard.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) The guard's behavior.
4. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Oklahoma Sinking.
(b) The Bataan Death March.
(c) The Shanghai Massacre.
(d) The Burma disaster.
5. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
(a) He was sent to a Kamikaze unit.
(b) He was transferred to another prison and promoted.
(c) He was honored by the Emperor himself.
(d) He was sent to the front lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who inspected the prisoners at their arrival at Naoetsu camp?
2. What did the POW find as the walked down the mountain to the nearest village?
3. In what month and year does Chapter 25 begin?
4. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
5. Louis was taken to ____________ in Tokyo.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
2. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
3. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
4. Who was Mutsuhiro Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
5. Why were some of the guards fearful?
6. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
7. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
8. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
9. What was Louis told about running again?
10. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)