|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Zamperini's family told about him according to Chapter 21?
(a) He was a POW.
(b) He was missing at sea.
(c) He was in Japan.
(d) He was dead.
2. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Kill the Bird.
(b) Kill the Quack.
(c) Kill the Fox.
(d) Kill the Hound.
3. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
4. Why did the prisoners nickname the guards?
(a) The guards never told their names.
(b) The prisoners wanted to create their own language.
(c) They could talk about them without retaliation.
(d) They couldn't remember their names.
5. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
(a) A new Geneva Convention.
(b) The Cold War.
(d) The next summer Olympics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 29 begin?
2. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
3. In what month and year does Chapter 25 begin?
4. Where did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
5. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)