|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
(a) The landing in Normandy was successful.
(b) The Russians took over Stalingrad.
(c) Hiroshima was destroyed.
(d) Germany had fallen.
2. When was Louis declared dead?
(a) March, 1944.
(b) June, 1944.
(c) May, 1944.
(d) July, 1944.
3. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
(a) A new prisoner.
(b) A Japanese guard.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) The guard's behavior.
4. Where did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(a) New York.
5. Why did the prisoners nickname the guards?
(a) The guards never told their names.
(b) They could talk about them without retaliation.
(c) They couldn't remember their names.
(d) The prisoners wanted to create their own language.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
2. What was Watanabe's nickname in Chapter 24?
3. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
4. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
5. What did the prisoners spot for the first time soon after Louis' trip outside the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan did prisoners hatch in Chapter 20?
2. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
3. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
4. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
5. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
6. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
7. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
8. How did Watanabe change?
9. What was found on a mountainside?
10. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)