|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nickname of the Japanese prison medical officer that discovered Harris's plans?
(a) The Shark.
(b) The Swan.
(c) The Beaver.
(d) The Quack.
2. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
(a) To contact their families.
(c) To go home on their own.
(d) Their friends in other camp.
3. When does Chapter 29 begin?
(a) July, 1945.
(b) March, 1945.
(c) June, 1945.
(d) May, 1945.
4. When was Cissy Zamperini born?
(a) Two weeks after Easter.
(b) Two weeks after Christmas.
(c) Two weeks after Halloween.
(d) Two weeks after Thanksgiving.
5. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
(a) Cynthia's father.
(b) Louis' brother.
(c) Louis' father.
(d) One of Louis' college friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Naoetsu camp?
2. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
3. What rank was Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
4. What day was Mother's Day for Louis' mother following his release?
5. What would be worth going to a punishment camp according to Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Watanabe change?
2. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
3. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
4. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
5. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
6. Why was Louis in high demand?
7. What was found on a mountainside?
8. What did the Japanese police do in Chapter 36?
9. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
10. What did the prisoners of war learn in May,1945, according to Chapter 29?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)