|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(a) New York.
2. What were Louis' nightmares about?
(a) The Racoon.
(b) The Beaver.
(c) The Bird.
(d) The Quack.
3. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
(a) Cynthia's father.
(b) Louis' father.
(c) One of Louis' college friends.
(d) Louis' brother.
4. Why did the prisoners nickname the guards?
(a) The guards never told their names.
(b) They couldn't remember their names.
(c) They could talk about them without retaliation.
(d) The prisoners wanted to create their own language.
5. What was Louis given to read in Chapter 26 when he went back to the radio station?
(a) A letter accusing fellow Americans.
(b) A confession letter.
(c) A letter of submission to the Emperor.
(d) An anti-American text.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Watanabe in late 1948?
2. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
3. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
4. What did John Falconer survive?
5. Why were the enlisted men taken outside the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
2. Why were some of the guards fearful?
3. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
4. Who appeared alive in Chapter 37?
5. Where was Louis taken one day?
6. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
7. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
8. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
9. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
10. What plan did prisoners hatch in Chapter 20?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)