|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
(a) 17 months.
(b) 15 months.
(c) 11 months.
(d) 13 months.
2. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
3. How long after going missing was Louis declared dead?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 13 months.
(c) 16 months.
(d) 19 months.
4. What rumor began to circulate in Japanese camp in 1945 according to Chapter 29?
(a) The liberation policy.
(b) The no surrender policy.
(c) The kill all policy.
(d) The Emperor must survive policy.
5. What car did Louis buy prior to his wedding with Cynthia?
(a) A Buick convertible.
(b) A Chevy convertible.
(c) An Edsel.
(d) A Ford convertible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be worth going to a punishment camp according to Louis?
2. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
3. What didn't the American troops find in Kwajalein about Louis?
4. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
5. What did John Falconer survive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
2. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
3. How did Watanabe change?
4. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
5. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
6. Who appeared alive in Chapter 37?
7. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
8. What was found on a mountainside?
9. Who was Lynn Moody?
10. Where was Louis taken one day?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)