|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be worth going to a punishment camp according to Louis?
(a) Getting to a camp with better water.
(b) Getting away from the food at his current camp.
(c) Getting away from the prime bombing target Tokyo.
(d) Getting away from Watanabe.
2. How high was the pile of wood made from the camp's fence?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 60 feet.
(c) 50 feet.
(d) 45 feet.
3. Who heard of Watanabe's cruelty and put pressure on the military to remedy the situation?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) A high ranking Japanese army.
(c) A member of the Imperial Family.
(d) The Mayor of the local village.
4. What was the nickname of the Japanese prison medical officer that discovered Harris's plans?
(a) The Swan.
(b) The Quack.
(c) The Shark.
(d) The Beaver.
5. When was Louis declared dead?
(a) July, 1944.
(b) May, 1944.
(c) March, 1944.
(d) June, 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
2. When did Louis and Cynthia marry?
3. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
4. What enraged The Bird?
5. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
2. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
3. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
4. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
5. How did Watanabe change?
6. What was found on a mountainside?
7. What did a few prisoners plan in 1944 in Chapter 22?
8. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
9. What did the Japanese police do in Chapter 36?
10. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)