|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Watanabe's nickname in Chapter 24?
(a) The Beaver.
(b) The Lion.
(c) The Bird.
(d) The Dog.
2. When was Hiroshima bombed?
(a) August 6, 1945.
(b) August 7, 1945.
(c) August 5, 1945.
(d) August 8, 1945.
3. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Burma disaster.
(b) The Bataan Death March.
(c) The Oklahoma Sinking.
(d) The Shanghai Massacre.
4. How much money did the man who was proposing to resell earth moving equipment to the Philippines ask Louis for?
5. What did Harris plan to do if the plan succeeded?
(a) Join the Japanese resistance movement.
(b) Try to blend in while in Japan.
(c) Try to maintain communication.
(d) Go to China.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
2. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
3. Where was the Omori POW camp located?
4. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
5. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a few prisoners plan in 1944 in Chapter 22?
2. Who appeared alive in Chapter 37?
3. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
4. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
5. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
6. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
7. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
8. Where was Louis taken one day?
9. Why were some of the guards fearful?
10. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)