|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
(a) They would be transported to Tokyo.
(b) The war had ended.
(c) Japan was bombed.
(d) Germany had surrendered.
2. How long after going missing was Louis declared dead?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 16 months.
(c) 19 months.
(d) 13 months.
3. What would Watanabe sometimes do after beating a prisoner?
(a) Transfer the prisoner to another camp.
(b) Go back and beat the ones treating his wounds.
(c) Go back and kill him.
(d) Go back and apologize.
4. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
(a) The Russians took over Stalingrad.
(b) Hiroshima was destroyed.
(c) Germany had fallen.
(d) The landing in Normandy was successful.
5. What was Louis' reaction to seeing the B-29 writing on the wall?
(a) He was elated by the damage dealt to the Japanese.
(b) He was envious to serve on one.
(c) He didn't know what it was.
(d) He was dubious about their reported capacities.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Cynthia first meet the Zanperini family?
2. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
3. How high was the pile of wood made from the camp's fence?
4. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
5. What rank was Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
2. What was Louis told about running again?
3. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
4. Where was Louis taken one day?
5. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
6. Why was Louis in high demand?
7. What did a few prisoners plan in 1944 in Chapter 22?
8. How did Watanabe change?
9. Who was Mutsuhiro Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
10. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)