|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank was Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
2. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
(d) Fighting back.
3. How many POWs had wet beriberi according to Chapter 35?
4. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Once a moth.
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Each time they catch a war criminal.
(d) Once every tow months.
5. How high was the pile of wood made from the camp's fence?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 60 feet.
(c) 45 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
2. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
3. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
4. Why were the enlisted men taken outside the camp?
5. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
2. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
3. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
4. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
5. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
6. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
7. Why was Louis put on half rations in Chapter 28?
8. What was found on a mountainside?
9. What did a few prisoners plan in 1944 in Chapter 22?
10. Who was Lynn Moody?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)