|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
(a) August 24, 1945.
(b) August 22, 1945.
(c) August 26, 1945.
(d) August 20, 1945.
2. What was the nickname of the Japanese prison medical officer that discovered Harris's plans?
(a) The Swan.
(b) The Beaver.
(c) The Quack.
(d) The Shark.
3. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
4. Why was Louis outside of the camp in Chapter 25?
(a) He was being used as a human shield.
(b) He was digging graves.
(c) He was being transported to another camp.
(d) He was going to get some meat.
5. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Each time they catch a war criminal.
(c) Once every tow months.
(d) Once a moth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Louis' nightmares about?
2. What rumor began to circulate in Japanese camp in 1945 according to Chapter 29?
3. What sentence was Jimmie Sasaki given?
4. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
5. What did the POW find as the walked down the mountain to the nearest village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Louis told about running again?
2. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
3. Who was Lynn Moody?
4. What meeting did Cynthia attend in Chapter 38?
5. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
6. What did the prisoners of war learn in May,1945, according to Chapter 29?
7. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
8. Where was Louis hospitalized in Chapter 33?
9. What was the graffiti described in Chapter 25 referring to?
10. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)