|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
(a) A cow.
(b) A pig.
(c) A horse.
(d) A goat.
2. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
(a) Civilians were bringing food to them.
(b) All men were still alive.
(c) The victory was not a dream.
(d) The Japanese left the camp.
3. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
(a) 11 months.
(b) 13 months.
(c) 17 months.
(d) 15 months.
4. Where did the Bird make the men stand to strike each other's faces?
(a) In the middle of the camp.
(b) In the Commander's room.
(c) In the medical tent.
(d) In their barracks.
5. What granted Louis a space of time to let it go?
6. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
(a) They would be transported to Tokyo.
(b) Germany had surrendered.
(c) Japan was bombed.
(d) The war had ended.
7. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Kill the Quack.
(b) Kill the Fox.
(c) Kill the Hound.
(d) Kill the Bird.
8. What did the prisoners spot for the first time soon after Louis' trip outside the camp?
(a) A new Japanese battlecruiser.
(b) A large plane.
(c) A small plane.
(d) A Japanese tank.
9. What was Louis' reaction to seeing the B-29 writing on the wall?
(a) He was dubious about their reported capacities.
(b) He was elated by the damage dealt to the Japanese.
(c) He was envious to serve on one.
(d) He didn't know what it was.
10. What would Watanabe sometimes do after beating a prisoner?
(a) Transfer the prisoner to another camp.
(b) Go back and apologize.
(c) Go back and kill him.
(d) Go back and beat the ones treating his wounds.
11. Louis was taken to ____________ in Tokyo.
(a) A radio factory.
(b) A radio broadcasting station.
(c) A military office.
(d) A farm.
12. What were Louis' nightmares about?
(a) The Bird.
(b) The Quack.
(c) The Racoon.
(d) The Beaver.
13. What rumor began to circulate in Japanese camp in 1945 according to Chapter 29?
(a) The Emperor must survive policy.
(b) The no surrender policy.
(c) The kill all policy.
(d) The liberation policy.
14. When did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(a) August, 1946.
(b) March, 1946.
(c) June, 1946.
(d) May, 1946.
15. What did Harris plan to do if the plan succeeded?
(a) Try to blend in while in Japan.
(b) Try to maintain communication.
(c) Go to China.
(d) Join the Japanese resistance movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
2. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
3. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
4. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
5. What did R. Hawkins drop before heading home?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)