|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(a) June, 1946.
(b) August, 1946.
(c) March, 1946.
(d) May, 1946.
2. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Kill the Bird.
(b) Kill the Quack.
(c) Kill the Fox.
(d) Kill the Hound.
3. What was Lieutenant Colonel Marion Unruh given in Chapter 32?
(a) The camp commander's pistol.
(b) The camp commander's sword.
(c) The camp commander's medals.
(d) The camp commander's hat.
4. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His neck.
(c) A knee.
(d) An arm.
5. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Once a moth.
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Each time they catch a war criminal.
(d) Once every tow months.
6. What did Watanabe settle at being in the remote mountain prefecture?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A farm hand.
7. What day was Mother's Day for Louis' mother following his release?
(a) September 7.
(b) September 5.
(c) September 9.
(d) September 12.
8. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
(b) To go home on their own.
(c) To contact their families.
(d) Their friends in other camp.
9. When was Cissy Zamperini born?
(a) Two weeks after Halloween.
(b) Two weeks after Christmas.
(c) Two weeks after Thanksgiving.
(d) Two weeks after Easter.
10. Why were the enlisted men taken outside the camp?
(a) To be used as human shields.
(b) To work as slaves.
(c) To wash clothes in the river.
(d) To bury fellow prisoners.
11. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
12. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
(a) The Cold War.
(c) A new Geneva Convention.
(d) The next summer Olympics.
13. What was the Naoetsu camp?
(a) A Kill All camp.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A slave labor camp.
(d) A POW camp.
14. What were Louis' nightmares about?
(a) The Bird.
(b) The Beaver.
(c) The Quack.
(d) The Racoon.
15. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Shanghai Massacre.
(b) The Burma disaster.
(c) The Bataan Death March.
(d) The Oklahoma Sinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
2. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
3. How many officers were involved in tracking down Watanabe in one prefecture?
4. What enraged The Bird?
5. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)