|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
(a) He crumpled the paper.
(b) He refused to read it.
(c) He read it in a joking tone.
(d) He pretended not to know how to read.
2. Why were the enlisted men taken outside the camp?
(a) To bury fellow prisoners.
(b) To work as slaves.
(c) To wash clothes in the river.
(d) To be used as human shields.
3. What was Louis suffering from in August, 1945?
(a) Dengue feaver.
4. What did Harris plan to do if the plan succeeded?
(a) Try to maintain communication.
(b) Join the Japanese resistance movement.
(c) Try to blend in while in Japan.
(d) Go to China.
5. What did R. Hawkins drop before heading home?
(a) A newpaper.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A candy bar, cigarettes, and a newspaper.
6. What did Tinker find in camp?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A victrola.
(c) A bottle of Sake.
(d) A watch.
7. When was Cissy Zamperini born?
(a) Two weeks after Thanksgiving.
(b) Two weeks after Christmas.
(c) Two weeks after Halloween.
(d) Two weeks after Easter.
8. Why was Louis outside of the camp in Chapter 25?
(a) He was being transported to another camp.
(b) He was being used as a human shield.
(c) He was going to get some meat.
(d) He was digging graves.
9. Who heard of Watanabe's cruelty and put pressure on the military to remedy the situation?
(a) The Mayor of the local village.
(b) A member of the Imperial Family.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) A high ranking Japanese army.
10. Why was it an advantage to have the enlisted men go outside the camp.
(a) They could sneak back food and other items.
(b) They could see Japan.
(c) They could get some exercize.
(d) They could gather information about the Allied forces.
11. What made an apperance shortly after Watanabe's departure from the camp?
(b) Better food.
(c) New clothes,
(d) Red Cross packages.
12. Where did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(c) New York.
13. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
(a) His religious background.
(b) His Italian ethnicity and middle class origin.
(c) His military past.
(d) His low education.
14. How long after Louis left Omori was 16 square miles of Tokyo incinerated?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
15. Where did the Bird make the men stand to strike each other's faces?
(a) In the Commander's room.
(b) In their barracks.
(c) In the medical tent.
(d) In the middle of the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
2. Louis was taken to ____________ in Tokyo.
3. What didn't the American troops find in Kwajalein about Louis?
4. What did the prisoners spot for the first time soon after Louis' trip outside the camp?
5. How many POWs had wet beriberi according to Chapter 35?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)