|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Watanabe settle at being in the remote mountain prefecture?
(a) A farm hand.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A janitor.
2. What was Lieutenant Colonel Marion Unruh given in Chapter 32?
(a) The camp commander's pistol.
(b) The camp commander's hat.
(c) The camp commander's medals.
(d) The camp commander's sword.
3. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
(a) His low education.
(b) His military past.
(c) His Italian ethnicity and middle class origin.
(d) His religious background.
4. What granted Louis a space of time to let it go?
5. What was the Naoetsu camp?
(a) A Kill All camp.
(b) A slave labor camp.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) A POW camp.
6. What would Watanabe sometimes do after beating a prisoner?
(a) Go back and apologize.
(b) Transfer the prisoner to another camp.
(c) Go back and beat the ones treating his wounds.
(d) Go back and kill him.
7. Why was it an advantage to have the enlisted men go outside the camp.
(a) They could sneak back food and other items.
(b) They could gather information about the Allied forces.
(c) They could get some exercize.
(d) They could see Japan.
8. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
(b) The Cold War.
(c) A new Geneva Convention.
(d) The next summer Olympics.
9. In what month and year does Chapter 25 begin?
(a) October, 1944.
(c) December, 1944.
10. When did Louis and Cynthia marry?
(a) May 30.
(b) May 25.
(c) May 17.
(d) May 20.
11. What made an apperance shortly after Watanabe's departure from the camp?
(a) Red Cross packages.
(c) New clothes,
(d) Better food.
12. What did Tinker find in camp?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A watch.
(c) A bottle of Sake.
(d) A victrola.
13. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
(a) August 22, 1945.
(b) August 20, 1945.
(c) August 26, 1945.
(d) August 24, 1945.
14. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
(a) Louis' father.
(b) Cynthia's father.
(c) Louis' brother.
(d) One of Louis' college friends.
15. What did the American troops do to Kwajalein?
(a) They preserved it.
(b) They transformed it into a hopsital.
(c) They demolished it.
(d) They turned it into a command center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who inspected the prisoners at their arrival at Naoetsu camp?
2. How much money did the man who was proposing to resell earth moving equipment to the Philippines ask Louis for?
3. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
4. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
5. What was Louis given to read in Chapter 26 when he went back to the radio station?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)