|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
2. What did Harris spend the summer of 1944 doing according to Chapter 22?
(a) Planning an escape.
(b) Planning to take over the camp.
(c) Planning to kill guards.
(d) Planning to make contact with the Japanese resistance.
3. What rank was Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
4. What did Watanabe settle at being in the remote mountain prefecture?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A janitor.
(d) A farm hand.
5. Louis was taken to ____________ in Tokyo.
(a) A radio broadcasting station.
(b) A radio factory.
(c) A military office.
(d) A farm.
6. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
7. What did the women look like to Ken Marvin?
(c) Mainly old ladies.
8. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
(a) Louis' brother.
(b) Cynthia's father.
(c) One of Louis' college friends.
(d) Louis' father.
9. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Shanghai Massacre.
(b) The Bataan Death March.
(c) The Oklahoma Sinking.
(d) The Burma disaster.
10. What day was Mother's Day for Louis' mother following his release?
(a) September 5.
(b) September 7.
(c) September 9.
(d) September 12.
11. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
(a) He died quickly.
(b) He was still alive.
(c) He was not a POW.
(d) He was on a secret mission.
12. What did Tinker find in camp?
(a) A victrola.
(b) A watch.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A bottle of Sake.
13. What was Louis given to read in Chapter 26 when he went back to the radio station?
(a) A confession letter.
(b) A letter of submission to the Emperor.
(c) An anti-American text.
(d) A letter accusing fellow Americans.
14. Who was transferred to Omori in Chapter 27?
(c) Bill Harris.
(d) Robert Helis.
15. What did the American troops do to Kwajalein?
(a) They preserved it.
(b) They demolished it.
(c) They turned it into a command center.
(d) They transformed it into a hopsital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
2. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
3. What sentence was Jimmie Sasaki given?
4. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
5. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)