|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was transferred to Omori in Chapter 27?
(a) Bill Harris.
(c) Robert Helis.
2. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Oklahoma Sinking.
(b) The Burma disaster.
(c) The Shanghai Massacre.
(d) The Bataan Death March.
3. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
(a) The guard's behavior.
(b) A new prisoner.
(c) A Japanese guard.
(d) A newspaper.
4. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A pig.
(d) A goat.
5. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
(a) To come home and file for divorce.
(b) For a trip to Japan.
(c) For a down payment.
(d) To buy a car.
6. What was the Naoetsu camp?
(a) A POW camp.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A slave labor camp.
(d) A Kill All camp.
7. What granted Louis a space of time to let it go?
8. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Once every tow months.
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Once a moth.
(d) Each time they catch a war criminal.
9. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
10. Who inspected the prisoners at their arrival at Naoetsu camp?
(a) The Bird.
(b) The Beaver.
(c) The Crotal.
(d) The Quack.
11. What did Watanabe settle at being in the remote mountain prefecture?
(a) A farm hand.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A janitor.
12. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
(a) He read it in a joking tone.
(b) He pretended not to know how to read.
(c) He crumpled the paper.
(d) He refused to read it.
13. What did the prisoners spot for the first time soon after Louis' trip outside the camp?
(a) A new Japanese battlecruiser.
(b) A large plane.
(c) A small plane.
(d) A Japanese tank.
14. Where was the Omori POW camp located?
(a) Near Yokohama.
(b) Near Kobe.
(c) Near Tokyo.
(d) Near Kyoto.
15. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Kill the Quack.
(b) Kill the Hound.
(c) Kill the Fox.
(d) Kill the Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
2. Where was Watanabe in late 1948?
3. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
4. What was Lieutenant Colonel Marion Unruh given in Chapter 32?
5. How many officers were involved in tracking down Watanabe in one prefecture?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)