|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
(a) Mac and Rick.
(b) Mickey and Mac.
(c) Roger and Mac.
(d) Mac and Mac.
2. Where was Watanabe in late 1948?
3. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
(a) To go home on their own.
(b) Their friends in other camp.
(c) To contact their families.
4. Who did Watanabe feel was the only one who could judge him?
(a) His commanding officer.
(b) The Emperor.
(d) Japanese tribunals.
5. What was Louis given to read in Chapter 26 when he went back to the radio station?
(a) An anti-American text.
(b) A letter accusing fellow Americans.
(c) A confession letter.
(d) A letter of submission to the Emperor.
6. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
(a) His religious background.
(b) His low education.
(c) His Italian ethnicity and middle class origin.
(d) His military past.
7. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
(a) By train.
(b) By plane.
(c) By cars.
8. When does Chapter 29 begin?
(a) March, 1945.
(b) May, 1945.
(c) July, 1945.
(d) June, 1945.
9. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
(a) He died quickly.
(b) He was still alive.
(c) He was on a secret mission.
(d) He was not a POW.
10. What granted Louis a space of time to let it go?
11. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
(a) The victory was not a dream.
(b) Civilians were bringing food to them.
(c) The Japanese left the camp.
(d) All men were still alive.
12. What rumor began to circulate in Japanese camp in 1945 according to Chapter 29?
(a) The no surrender policy.
(b) The Emperor must survive policy.
(c) The kill all policy.
(d) The liberation policy.
13. How long after Louis left Omori was 16 square miles of Tokyo incinerated?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
14. Where did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(a) New York.
15. Who was transferred to Omori in Chapter 27?
(c) Robert Helis.
(d) Bill Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harris spend the summer of 1944 doing according to Chapter 22?
2. What enraged The Bird?
3. What did the women look like to Ken Marvin?
4. What did Harris plan to do if the plan succeeded?
5. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)