|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) A new Geneva Convention.
(c) The next summer Olympics.
2. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
(a) August 22, 1945.
(b) August 26, 1945.
(c) August 24, 1945.
(d) August 20, 1945.
3. How long after Louis left Omori was 16 square miles of Tokyo incinerated?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
4. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
(a) By cars.
(c) By train.
(d) By plane.
5. What did Tinker find in camp?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A victrola.
(c) A watch.
(d) A bottle of Sake.
6. When does Chapter 29 begin?
(a) July, 1945.
(b) May, 1945.
(c) March, 1945.
(d) June, 1945.
7. What was Watanabe's nickname in Chapter 24?
(a) The Lion.
(b) The Beaver.
(c) The Dog.
(d) The Bird.
8. What enraged The Bird?
(a) Prisoner resistance.
(b) Prisoners refusing to commit suicide.
(c) American bomber raids.
(d) Prisoner's pride.
9. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
(a) A knee.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) An arm.
(d) His neck.
10. What did Harris plan to do if the plan succeeded?
(a) Try to maintain communication.
(b) Join the Japanese resistance movement.
(c) Try to blend in while in Japan.
(d) Go to China.
11. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
(a) Mickey and Mac.
(b) Mac and Mac.
(c) Mac and Rick.
(d) Roger and Mac.
12. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
(a) He was still alive.
(b) He died quickly.
(c) He was not a POW.
(d) He was on a secret mission.
13. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
(a) The American military.
(b) The Armerican secret service.
(c) The Japanese police.
(d) The FBI.
14. How many officers were involved in tracking down Watanabe in one prefecture?
15. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
(a) Germany had surrendered.
(b) The war had ended.
(c) Japan was bombed.
(d) They would be transported to Tokyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Cynthia first meet the Zanperini family?
2. What did R. Hawkins drop before heading home?
3. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
4. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
5. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)