|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high was the pile of wood made from the camp's fence?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 50 feet.
(c) 45 feet.
(d) 60 feet.
2. What car did Louis buy prior to his wedding with Cynthia?
(a) An Edsel.
(b) A Ford convertible.
(c) A Chevy convertible.
(d) A Buick convertible.
3. What would be worth going to a punishment camp according to Louis?
(a) Getting to a camp with better water.
(b) Getting away from the food at his current camp.
(c) Getting away from Watanabe.
(d) Getting away from the prime bombing target Tokyo.
4. How long after Louis left Omori was 16 square miles of Tokyo incinerated?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
5. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
6. Who heard of Watanabe's cruelty and put pressure on the military to remedy the situation?
(a) A high ranking Japanese army.
(b) A member of the Imperial Family.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The Mayor of the local village.
7. What was Watanabe's nickname in Chapter 24?
(a) The Dog.
(b) The Lion.
(c) The Beaver.
(d) The Bird.
8. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
(a) To buy a car.
(b) To come home and file for divorce.
(c) For a down payment.
(d) For a trip to Japan.
9. Louis was taken to ____________ in Tokyo.
(a) A military office.
(b) A farm.
(c) A radio broadcasting station.
(d) A radio factory.
10. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) The guard's behavior.
(c) A new prisoner.
(d) A Japanese guard.
11. When did Cynthia first meet the Zanperini family?
(a) May 30.
(b) May 17.
(c) May 10.
(d) May 25.
12. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
(a) An arm.
(b) His neck.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) A knee.
13. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
(a) A pig.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A goat.
14. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
(a) He crumpled the paper.
(b) He refused to read it.
(c) He pretended not to know how to read.
(d) He read it in a joking tone.
15. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Each time they catch a war criminal.
(c) Once a moth.
(d) Once every tow months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Cissy Zamperini born?
2. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
3. Who did Watanabe feel was the only one who could judge him?
4. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
5. When was Louis declared dead?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)