|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Louis' reaction to seeing the B-29 writing on the wall?
(a) He was elated by the damage dealt to the Japanese.
(b) He was dubious about their reported capacities.
(c) He didn't know what it was.
(d) He was envious to serve on one.
2. Who heard of Watanabe's cruelty and put pressure on the military to remedy the situation?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) A member of the Imperial Family.
(c) The Mayor of the local village.
(d) A high ranking Japanese army.
3. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
(a) The Cold War.
(c) The next summer Olympics.
(d) A new Geneva Convention.
4. Why did the prisoners nickname the guards?
(a) The guards never told their names.
(b) The prisoners wanted to create their own language.
(c) They could talk about them without retaliation.
(d) They couldn't remember their names.
5. In what month and year does Chapter 25 begin?
(c) October, 1944.
(d) December, 1944.
6. What day was Mother's Day for Louis' mother following his release?
(a) September 12.
(b) September 5.
(c) September 7.
(d) September 9.
7. What did the women look like to Ken Marvin?
(c) Mainly old ladies.
8. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
(a) 11 months.
(b) 13 months.
(c) 17 months.
(d) 15 months.
9. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
(a) Roger and Mac.
(b) Mickey and Mac.
(c) Mac and Mac.
(d) Mac and Rick.
10. What would Watanabe sometimes do after beating a prisoner?
(a) Go back and apologize.
(b) Go back and beat the ones treating his wounds.
(c) Go back and kill him.
(d) Transfer the prisoner to another camp.
11. What did Tinker find in camp?
(a) A watch.
(b) A bottle of Sake.
(c) A victrola.
(d) A pistol.
12. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Oklahoma Sinking.
(b) The Burma disaster.
(c) The Shanghai Massacre.
(d) The Bataan Death March.
13. Who did Watanabe feel was the only one who could judge him?
(a) His commanding officer.
(b) Japanese tribunals.
(d) The Emperor.
14. What did Harris spend the summer of 1944 doing according to Chapter 22?
(a) Planning an escape.
(b) Planning to kill guards.
(c) Planning to take over the camp.
(d) Planning to make contact with the Japanese resistance.
15. What was Zamperini's family told about him according to Chapter 21?
(a) He was a POW.
(b) He was in Japan.
(c) He was missing at sea.
(d) He was dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
2. When did Louis and Cynthia marry?
3. When was Hiroshima bombed?
4. How many POWs had wet beriberi according to Chapter 35?
5. When does Chapter 29 begin?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)