|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Watanabe feel was the only one who could judge him?
(a) Japanese tribunals.
(b) The Emperor.
(d) His commanding officer.
2. What did Harris spend the summer of 1944 doing according to Chapter 22?
(a) Planning an escape.
(b) Planning to kill guards.
(c) Planning to make contact with the Japanese resistance.
(d) Planning to take over the camp.
3. What was Louis' reaction to seeing the B-29 writing on the wall?
(a) He was elated by the damage dealt to the Japanese.
(b) He was envious to serve on one.
(c) He was dubious about their reported capacities.
(d) He didn't know what it was.
4. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
(a) A cow.
(b) A horse.
(c) A goat.
(d) A pig.
5. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
(a) A knee.
(b) An arm.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His neck.
6. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
(a) Germany had fallen.
(b) The landing in Normandy was successful.
(c) Hiroshima was destroyed.
(d) The Russians took over Stalingrad.
7. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
(a) Their friends in other camp.
(b) To go home on their own.
(d) To contact their families.
8. What made an apperance shortly after Watanabe's departure from the camp?
(a) New clothes,
(b) Better food.
(c) Red Cross packages.
9. Why was Louis outside of the camp in Chapter 25?
(a) He was being used as a human shield.
(b) He was going to get some meat.
(c) He was being transported to another camp.
(d) He was digging graves.
10. What granted Louis a space of time to let it go?
11. How many POWs had wet beriberi according to Chapter 35?
12. What did the prisoners spot for the first time soon after Louis' trip outside the camp?
(a) A Japanese tank.
(b) A large plane.
(c) A small plane.
(d) A new Japanese battlecruiser.
13. What were Louis' nightmares about?
(a) The Beaver.
(b) The Quack.
(c) The Bird.
(d) The Racoon.
14. Why was it an advantage to have the enlisted men go outside the camp.
(a) They could get some exercize.
(b) They could see Japan.
(c) They could gather information about the Allied forces.
(d) They could sneak back food and other items.
15. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Once a moth.
(b) Once every tow months.
(c) Each time they catch a war criminal.
(d) Twice a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 29 begin?
2. What would Watanabe sometimes do after beating a prisoner?
3. What did Watanabe settle at being in the remote mountain prefecture?
4. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
5. When was Louis declared dead?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)