|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence was Jimmie Sasaki given?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 8 years.
2. What was Louis in high demand for in Chapter 34?
(a) By military families wondering if he had seen their missing loved ones.
(b) Speaking engagements.
(c) Debreifing for the military.
(d) By authors wanting to write a book about him.
3. When did Cynthia first meet the Zanperini family?
(a) May 10.
(b) May 30.
(c) May 25.
(d) May 17.
4. When does Chapter 29 begin?
(a) June, 1945.
(b) March, 1945.
(c) July, 1945.
(d) May, 1945.
5. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
(a) The Japanese police.
(b) The Armerican secret service.
(c) The American military.
(d) The FBI.
6. Why did the prisoners nickname the guards?
(a) They couldn't remember their names.
(b) The guards never told their names.
(c) The prisoners wanted to create their own language.
(d) They could talk about them without retaliation.
7. What would be worth going to a punishment camp according to Louis?
(a) Getting away from Watanabe.
(b) Getting to a camp with better water.
(c) Getting away from the prime bombing target Tokyo.
(d) Getting away from the food at his current camp.
8. What did R. Hawkins drop before heading home?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A newpaper.
(c) A candy bar, cigarettes, and a newspaper.
9. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
10. What was Lieutenant Colonel Marion Unruh given in Chapter 32?
(a) The camp commander's sword.
(b) The camp commander's pistol.
(c) The camp commander's hat.
(d) The camp commander's medals.
11. How long after going missing was Louis declared dead?
(a) 19 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 13 months.
(d) 16 months.
12. When did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(a) March, 1946.
(b) May, 1946.
(c) June, 1946.
(d) August, 1946.
13. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
(a) He was not a POW.
(b) He was still alive.
(c) He died quickly.
(d) He was on a secret mission.
14. Why was Louis outside of the camp in Chapter 25?
(a) He was digging graves.
(b) He was being used as a human shield.
(c) He was being transported to another camp.
(d) He was going to get some meat.
15. What granted Louis a space of time to let it go?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Naoetsu camp?
2. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
3. What day was Mother's Day for Louis' mother following his release?
4. When was Cissy Zamperini born?
5. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)