|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the enlisted men taken outside the camp?
(a) To bury fellow prisoners.
(b) To be used as human shields.
(c) To work as slaves.
(d) To wash clothes in the river.
2. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
(a) To contact their families.
(c) To go home on their own.
(d) Their friends in other camp.
3. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
(a) August 20, 1945.
(b) August 26, 1945.
(c) August 24, 1945.
(d) August 22, 1945.
4. Where did the Bird make the men stand to strike each other's faces?
(a) In the Commander's room.
(b) In the medical tent.
(c) In the middle of the camp.
(d) In their barracks.
5. How much money did the man who was proposing to resell earth moving equipment to the Philippines ask Louis for?
6. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
(a) He died quickly.
(b) He was on a secret mission.
(c) He was still alive.
(d) He was not a POW.
7. Why did Lynn Moody recognize Louis?
(a) She saw him at a track meet.
(b) She went to USC with him.
(c) She grew up on the same street.
(d) She dated him.
8. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
(a) The Japanese left the camp.
(b) Civilians were bringing food to them.
(c) All men were still alive.
(d) The victory was not a dream.
9. How many officers were involved in tracking down Watanabe in one prefecture?
10. When did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(a) August, 1946.
(b) June, 1946.
(c) May, 1946.
(d) March, 1946.
11. When was Louis declared dead?
(a) July, 1944.
(b) June, 1944.
(c) March, 1944.
(d) May, 1944.
12. What did R. Hawkins drop before heading home?
(a) A candy bar, cigarettes, and a newspaper.
(b) A newpaper.
(d) A candy bar.
13. Who did Watanabe feel was the only one who could judge him?
(b) The Emperor.
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) Japanese tribunals.
14. What did Tinker find in camp?
(a) A victrola.
(b) A watch.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A bottle of Sake.
15. What was Louis suffering from in August, 1945?
(a) Dengue feaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What enraged The Bird?
2. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
3. What did the prisoners spot for the first time soon after Louis' trip outside the camp?
4. What did John Falconer survive?
5. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)