|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made an apperance shortly after Watanabe's departure from the camp?
(a) Better food.
(c) New clothes,
(d) Red Cross packages.
2. Who inspected the prisoners at their arrival at Naoetsu camp?
(a) The Crotal.
(b) The Bird.
(c) The Quack.
(d) The Beaver.
3. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
(b) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) By cars.
4. What was the Naoetsu camp?
(a) A slave labor camp.
(b) A Kill All camp.
(c) A POW camp.
(d) A concentration camp.
5. What did Tinker find in camp?
(a) A victrola.
(b) A bottle of Sake.
(c) A watch.
(d) A pistol.
6. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
(a) For a trip to Japan.
(b) For a down payment.
(c) To buy a car.
(d) To come home and file for divorce.
7. What rumor began to circulate in Japanese camp in 1945 according to Chapter 29?
(a) The kill all policy.
(b) The liberation policy.
(c) The Emperor must survive policy.
(d) The no surrender policy.
8. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
9. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
(a) The guard's behavior.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A new prisoner.
(d) A Japanese guard.
10. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
(a) August 26, 1945.
(b) August 22, 1945.
(c) August 20, 1945.
(d) August 24, 1945.
11. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The next summer Olympics.
(c) A new Geneva Convention.
12. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Once every tow months.
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Each time they catch a war criminal.
(d) Once a moth.
13. What did the POW find as the walked down the mountain to the nearest village?
(a) A party.
(b) Ghost towns.
(c) Japanese POWs.
(d) American troops.
14. How much money did the man who was proposing to resell earth moving equipment to the Philippines ask Louis for?
15. Why were the enlisted men taken outside the camp?
(a) To be used as human shields.
(b) To work as slaves.
(c) To bury fellow prisoners.
(d) To wash clothes in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank was Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
2. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
3. What was the nickname of the Japanese prison medical officer that discovered Harris's plans?
4. What was Louis suffering from in August, 1945?
5. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)