|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor began to circulate in Japanese camp in 1945 according to Chapter 29?
(a) The liberation policy.
(b) The Emperor must survive policy.
(c) The kill all policy.
(d) The no surrender policy.
2. What was Louis given to read in Chapter 26 when he went back to the radio station?
(a) A letter of submission to the Emperor.
(b) An anti-American text.
(c) A confession letter.
(d) A letter accusing fellow Americans.
3. What was Louis' reaction to seeing the B-29 writing on the wall?
(a) He was envious to serve on one.
(b) He was elated by the damage dealt to the Japanese.
(c) He didn't know what it was.
(d) He was dubious about their reported capacities.
4. What did Watanabe settle at being in the remote mountain prefecture?
(a) A farm hand.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A janitor.
5. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
(a) The next summer Olympics.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) A new Geneva Convention.
6. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Once a moth.
(b) Each time they catch a war criminal.
(c) Twice a month.
(d) Once every tow months.
7. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
(a) Mac and Mac.
(b) Mickey and Mac.
(c) Mac and Rick.
(d) Roger and Mac.
8. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
(a) The Russians took over Stalingrad.
(b) Germany had fallen.
(c) The landing in Normandy was successful.
(d) Hiroshima was destroyed.
9. What did the prisoners spot for the first time soon after Louis' trip outside the camp?
(a) A new Japanese battlecruiser.
(b) A Japanese tank.
(c) A small plane.
(d) A large plane.
10. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
(a) He was sent to the front lines.
(b) He was sent to a Kamikaze unit.
(c) He was transferred to another prison and promoted.
(d) He was honored by the Emperor himself.
11. In what month and year does Chapter 25 begin?
(a) December, 1944.
(d) October, 1944.
12. When was Cissy Zamperini born?
(a) Two weeks after Christmas.
(b) Two weeks after Halloween.
(c) Two weeks after Thanksgiving.
(d) Two weeks after Easter.
13. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
(c) Fighting back.
14. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
(a) The Japanese left the camp.
(b) All men were still alive.
(c) The victory was not a dream.
(d) Civilians were bringing food to them.
15. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Shanghai Massacre.
(b) The Burma disaster.
(c) The Oklahoma Sinking.
(d) The Bataan Death March.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of the Japanese prison medical officer that discovered Harris's plans?
2. Where did the Bird make the men stand to strike each other's faces?
3. When did Louis and Cynthia marry?
4. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
5. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)