|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Hiroshima bombed?
(a) August 8, 1945.
(b) August 5, 1945.
(c) August 7, 1945.
(d) August 6, 1945.
2. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
3. Who inspected the prisoners at their arrival at Naoetsu camp?
(a) The Quack.
(b) The Crotal.
(c) The Bird.
(d) The Beaver.
4. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Oklahoma Sinking.
(b) The Burma disaster.
(c) The Shanghai Massacre.
(d) The Bataan Death March.
5. How many officers were involved in tracking down Watanabe in one prefecture?
6. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
(a) Cynthia's father.
(b) One of Louis' college friends.
(c) Louis' brother.
(d) Louis' father.
7. Where did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(c) New York.
8. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
(d) Fighting back.
9. What did the women look like to Ken Marvin?
(a) Mainly old ladies.
10. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
(a) He crumpled the paper.
(b) He pretended not to know how to read.
(c) He read it in a joking tone.
(d) He refused to read it.
11. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
(a) August 26, 1945.
(b) August 24, 1945.
(c) August 20, 1945.
(d) August 22, 1945.
12. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
(a) Germany had fallen.
(b) Hiroshima was destroyed.
(c) The landing in Normandy was successful.
(d) The Russians took over Stalingrad.
13. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
(a) He died quickly.
(b) He was not a POW.
(c) He was on a secret mission.
(d) He was still alive.
14. What made an apperance shortly after Watanabe's departure from the camp?
(a) Red Cross packages.
(b) Better food.
(d) New clothes,
15. What was Louis' reaction to seeing the B-29 writing on the wall?
(a) He didn't know what it was.
(b) He was dubious about their reported capacities.
(c) He was envious to serve on one.
(d) He was elated by the damage dealt to the Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harris spend the summer of 1944 doing according to Chapter 22?
2. What was Watanabe's nickname in Chapter 24?
3. Who heard of Watanabe's cruelty and put pressure on the military to remedy the situation?
4. How high was the pile of wood made from the camp's fence?
5. When did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)