|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Louis' nightmares about?
(a) The Bird.
(b) The Quack.
(c) The Racoon.
(d) The Beaver.
2. What did Harris spend the summer of 1944 doing according to Chapter 22?
(a) Planning an escape.
(b) Planning to take over the camp.
(c) Planning to kill guards.
(d) Planning to make contact with the Japanese resistance.
3. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
(a) By plane.
(c) By cars.
(d) By train.
4. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
(a) The American military.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Armerican secret service.
(d) The Japanese police.
5. What didn't the American troops find in Kwajalein about Louis?
(a) Proof that Louis was there.
(b) Proof of Louis' fate.
(c) Proof of Louis' passage in the camp.
(d) Proof that Louis and Phil were together.
6. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
7. Why was Louis outside of the camp in Chapter 25?
(a) He was being used as a human shield.
(b) He was digging graves.
(c) He was going to get some meat.
(d) He was being transported to another camp.
8. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
(a) He refused to read it.
(b) He crumpled the paper.
(c) He pretended not to know how to read.
(d) He read it in a joking tone.
9. When did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(a) August, 1946.
(b) March, 1946.
(c) June, 1946.
(d) May, 1946.
10. What rank was Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
11. Why did Lynn Moody recognize Louis?
(a) She saw him at a track meet.
(b) She grew up on the same street.
(c) She dated him.
(d) She went to USC with him.
12. Louis was taken to ____________ in Tokyo.
(a) A radio factory.
(b) A radio broadcasting station.
(c) A military office.
(d) A farm.
13. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Bataan Death March.
(b) The Shanghai Massacre.
(c) The Oklahoma Sinking.
(d) The Burma disaster.
14. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
15. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Once a moth.
(c) Each time they catch a war criminal.
(d) Once every tow months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made an apperance shortly after Watanabe's departure from the camp?
2. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
3. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
4. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
5. Why did the prisoners nickname the guards?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)