|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
(a) He crumpled the paper.
(b) He refused to read it.
(c) He read it in a joking tone.
(d) He pretended not to know how to read.
2. When did Cynthia first meet the Zanperini family?
(a) May 10.
(b) May 17.
(c) May 25.
(d) May 30.
3. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
4. What would Watanabe sometimes do after beating a prisoner?
(a) Transfer the prisoner to another camp.
(b) Go back and apologize.
(c) Go back and beat the ones treating his wounds.
(d) Go back and kill him.
5. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
(a) 11 months.
(b) 15 months.
(c) 17 months.
(d) 13 months.
6. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Armerican secret service.
(c) The American military.
(d) The Japanese police.
7. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
(a) He was honored by the Emperor himself.
(b) He was transferred to another prison and promoted.
(c) He was sent to a Kamikaze unit.
(d) He was sent to the front lines.
8. What did Harris plan to do if the plan succeeded?
(a) Join the Japanese resistance movement.
(b) Try to maintain communication.
(c) Try to blend in while in Japan.
(d) Go to China.
9. Why was it an advantage to have the enlisted men go outside the camp.
(a) They could gather information about the Allied forces.
(b) They could sneak back food and other items.
(c) They could see Japan.
(d) They could get some exercize.
10. What was Lieutenant Colonel Marion Unruh given in Chapter 32?
(a) The camp commander's pistol.
(b) The camp commander's medals.
(c) The camp commander's sword.
(d) The camp commander's hat.
11. What were Louis' nightmares about?
(a) The Racoon.
(b) The Quack.
(c) The Bird.
(d) The Beaver.
12. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
(b) To contact their families.
(c) Their friends in other camp.
(d) To go home on their own.
13. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
(a) Germany had surrendered.
(b) Japan was bombed.
(c) They would be transported to Tokyo.
(d) The war had ended.
14. When was Cissy Zamperini born?
(a) Two weeks after Christmas.
(b) Two weeks after Thanksgiving.
(c) Two weeks after Halloween.
(d) Two weeks after Easter.
15. What rank was Watanabe according to Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Louis in high demand for in Chapter 34?
2. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
3. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
4. Why did Lynn Moody recognize Louis?
5. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)