|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many officers were involved in tracking down Watanabe in one prefecture?
2. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The American military.
(c) The Japanese police.
(d) The Armerican secret service.
3. What day was Mother's Day for Louis' mother following his release?
(a) September 12.
(b) September 5.
(c) September 9.
(d) September 7.
4. When did Cynthia first meet the Zanperini family?
(a) May 17.
(b) May 25.
(c) May 10.
(d) May 30.
5. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
(a) 13 months.
(b) 11 months.
(c) 17 months.
(d) 15 months.
6. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
(d) Fighting back.
7. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Kill the Hound.
(b) Kill the Fox.
(c) Kill the Quack.
(d) Kill the Bird.
8. When was Hiroshima bombed?
(a) August 5, 1945.
(b) August 7, 1945.
(c) August 6, 1945.
(d) August 8, 1945.
9. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
(a) The landing in Normandy was successful.
(b) The Russians took over Stalingrad.
(c) Germany had fallen.
(d) Hiroshima was destroyed.
10. What enraged The Bird?
(a) Prisoner resistance.
(b) Prisoner's pride.
(c) Prisoners refusing to commit suicide.
(d) American bomber raids.
11. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
12. Where did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(c) New York.
13. What was Louis given to read in Chapter 26 when he went back to the radio station?
(a) A letter accusing fellow Americans.
(b) A confession letter.
(c) A letter of submission to the Emperor.
(d) An anti-American text.
14. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
(a) By cars.
(b) By plane.
(d) By train.
15. When does Chapter 29 begin?
(a) May, 1945.
(b) July, 1945.
(c) June, 1945.
(d) March, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lieutenant Colonel Marion Unruh given in Chapter 32?
2. What was Zamperini's family told about him according to Chapter 21?
3. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
4. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
5. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)