Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
(a) A new prisoner.
(b) The guard's behavior.
(c) A Japanese guard.
(d) A newspaper.
2. Why was Louis outside of the camp in Chapter 25?
(a) He was being used as a human shield.
(b) He was being transported to another camp.
(c) He was going to get some meat.
(d) He was digging graves.
3. When did Louis and Cynthia marry?
(a) May 30.
(b) May 25.
(c) May 20.
(d) May 17.
4. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Once every tow months.
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Once a moth.
(d) Each time they catch a war criminal.
5. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
(a) He was on a secret mission.
(b) He was still alive.
(c) He was not a POW.
(d) He died quickly.
6. When did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(a) May, 1946.
(b) June, 1946.
(c) August, 1946.
(d) March, 1946.
7. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
8. Where was Watanabe in late 1948?
9. What was Watanabe's nickname in Chapter 24?
(a) The Dog.
(b) The Bird.
(c) The Beaver.
(d) The Lion.
10. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
(a) The American military.
(b) The Japanese police.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Armerican secret service.
11. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
12. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
13. Who did Watanabe feel was the only one who could judge him?
(a) Japanese tribunals.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) His commanding officer.
14. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
(a) Germany had surrendered.
(b) Japan was bombed.
(c) They would be transported to Tokyo.
(d) The war had ended.
15. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
(a) For a down payment.
(b) To buy a car.
(c) For a trip to Japan.
(d) To come home and file for divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who heard of Watanabe's cruelty and put pressure on the military to remedy the situation?
2. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
3. What would be worth going to a punishment camp according to Louis?
4. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
5. Who inspected the prisoners at their arrival at Naoetsu camp?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)