|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Zamperini's family told about him according to Chapter 21?
(a) He was missing at sea.
(b) He was dead.
(c) He was in Japan.
(d) He was a POW.
2. Why were the enlisted men taken outside the camp?
(a) To be used as human shields.
(b) To bury fellow prisoners.
(c) To wash clothes in the river.
(d) To work as slaves.
3. When did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(a) March, 1946.
(b) May, 1946.
(c) August, 1946.
(d) June, 1946.
4. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
(a) His Italian ethnicity and middle class origin.
(b) His military past.
(c) His low education.
(d) His religious background.
5. What did the POW find as the walked down the mountain to the nearest village?
(a) Ghost towns.
(b) Japanese POWs.
(c) A party.
(d) American troops.
6. What did R. Hawkins drop before heading home?
(a) A candy bar, cigarettes, and a newspaper.
(b) A newpaper.
(c) A candy bar.
7. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
(a) They would be transported to Tokyo.
(b) Japan was bombed.
(c) Germany had surrendered.
(d) The war had ended.
8. How long after going missing was Louis declared dead?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 19 months.
(c) 16 months.
(d) 13 months.
9. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
(a) A cow.
(b) A goat.
(c) A pig.
(d) A horse.
10. Louis was taken to ____________ in Tokyo.
(a) A military office.
(b) A radio factory.
(c) A farm.
(d) A radio broadcasting station.
11. How often were local police departments told to report on their hunt for Watanabe?
(a) Once every tow months.
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Each time they catch a war criminal.
(d) Once a moth.
12. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
(a) To come home and file for divorce.
(b) For a trip to Japan.
(c) To buy a car.
(d) For a down payment.
13. When did Cynthia first meet the Zanperini family?
(a) May 17.
(b) May 30.
(c) May 10.
(d) May 25.
14. Who inspected the prisoners at their arrival at Naoetsu camp?
(a) The Beaver.
(b) The Bird.
(c) The Quack.
(d) The Crotal.
15. When did Louis and Cynthia marry?
(a) May 20.
(b) May 30.
(c) May 17.
(d) May 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car did Louis buy prior to his wedding with Cynthia?
2. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
3. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
4. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
5. What granted Louis a space of time to let it go?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)