|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Oklahoma Sinking.
(b) The Shanghai Massacre.
(c) The Bataan Death March.
(d) The Burma disaster.
2. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
(a) By cars.
(b) By plane.
(d) By train.
3. What did Harris plan to do if the plan succeeded?
(a) Try to blend in while in Japan.
(b) Try to maintain communication.
(c) Go to China.
(d) Join the Japanese resistance movement.
4. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The American military.
(c) The Armerican secret service.
(d) The Japanese police.
5. When did Louis and Cynthia marry?
(a) May 17.
(b) May 30.
(c) May 25.
(d) May 20.
6. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
(a) 13 months.
(b) 17 months.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 11 months.
7. In what month and year does Chapter 25 begin?
(c) October, 1944.
(d) December, 1944.
8. How many POWs had wet beriberi according to Chapter 35?
9. What was the Naoetsu camp?
(a) A Kill All camp.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A POW camp.
(d) A slave labor camp.
10. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Kill the Quack.
(b) Kill the Bird.
(c) Kill the Hound.
(d) Kill the Fox.
11. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
(a) To contact their families.
(b) To go home on their own.
(d) Their friends in other camp.
12. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
(a) He was on a secret mission.
(b) He was still alive.
(c) He was not a POW.
(d) He died quickly.
13. Who heard of Watanabe's cruelty and put pressure on the military to remedy the situation?
(a) A high ranking Japanese army.
(b) The Mayor of the local village.
(c) A member of the Imperial Family.
(d) The Red Cross.
14. What did R. Hawkins drop before heading home?
(b) A newpaper.
(c) A candy bar, cigarettes, and a newspaper.
(d) A candy bar.
15. How did the prisoner know that something big happened in Chapter 31?
(a) A Japanese guard.
(b) The guard's behavior.
(c) A new prisoner.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the prisoners nickname the guards?
2. Louis was taken to ____________ in Tokyo.
3. What was Louis suffering from in August, 1945?
4. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
5. Where was Watanabe in late 1948?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)