|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
(a) By plane.
(c) By cars.
(d) By train.
2. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
3. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
(a) The Japanese police.
(b) The Armerican secret service.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The American military.
4. What day was Mother's Day for Louis' mother following his release?
(a) September 5.
(b) September 12.
(c) September 7.
(d) September 9.
5. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
(a) He was on a secret mission.
(b) He was still alive.
(c) He was not a POW.
(d) He died quickly.
6. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Kill the Bird.
(b) Kill the Fox.
(c) Kill the Quack.
(d) Kill the Hound.
7. Who was transferred to Omori in Chapter 27?
(b) Robert Helis.
(c) Bill Harris.
8. Why was Louis outside of the camp in Chapter 25?
(a) He was being used as a human shield.
(b) He was going to get some meat.
(c) He was digging graves.
(d) He was being transported to another camp.
9. What did Watanabe settle at being in the remote mountain prefecture?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A janitor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A farm hand.
10. Why did Lynn Moody recognize Louis?
(a) She grew up on the same street.
(b) She went to USC with him.
(c) She saw him at a track meet.
(d) She dated him.
11. What did the POW find as the walked down the mountain to the nearest village?
(a) Ghost towns.
(b) A party.
(c) Japanese POWs.
(d) American troops.
12. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
(a) The Japanese left the camp.
(b) All men were still alive.
(c) The victory was not a dream.
(d) Civilians were bringing food to them.
13. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
(a) For a trip to Japan.
(b) To buy a car.
(c) For a down payment.
(d) To come home and file for divorce.
14. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
(a) A knee.
(b) An arm.
(c) His neck.
(d) His shoulder.
15. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
(a) Mac and Mac.
(b) Roger and Mac.
(c) Mickey and Mac.
(d) Mac and Rick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of the Japanese prison medical officer that discovered Harris's plans?
2. Who inspected the prisoners at their arrival at Naoetsu camp?
3. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
4. What car did Louis buy prior to his wedding with Cynthia?
5. What granted Louis a space of time to let it go?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)