|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many officers were involved in tracking down Watanabe in one prefecture?
2. What was Watanabe's nickname in Chapter 24?
(a) The Dog.
(b) The Beaver.
(c) The Lion.
(d) The Bird.
3. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
(a) He read it in a joking tone.
(b) He pretended not to know how to read.
(c) He refused to read it.
(d) He crumpled the paper.
4. Who did Watanabe feel was the only one who could judge him?
(a) His commanding officer.
(b) Japanese tribunals.
(d) The Emperor.
5. What was announced for 1948, 6 months after Louis' return from Japan?
(a) The next summer Olympics.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) A new Geneva Convention.
6. What was the American prisoners told not to seek?
(a) To go home on their own.
(b) To contact their families.
(c) Their friends in other camp.
7. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
(a) Fighting back.
8. What didn't the American troops find in Kwajalein about Louis?
(a) Proof of Louis' passage in the camp.
(b) Proof that Louis and Phil were together.
(c) Proof that Louis was there.
(d) Proof of Louis' fate.
9. What did Watanabe settle at being in the remote mountain prefecture?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A farm hand.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A butcher.
10. What was Louis' reaction to seeing the B-29 writing on the wall?
(a) He didn't know what it was.
(b) He was dubious about their reported capacities.
(c) He was elated by the damage dealt to the Japanese.
(d) He was envious to serve on one.
11. When was Hiroshima bombed?
(a) August 7, 1945.
(b) August 5, 1945.
(c) August 6, 1945.
(d) August 8, 1945.
12. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
(a) To buy a car.
(b) For a down payment.
(c) To come home and file for divorce.
(d) For a trip to Japan.
13. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
14. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
(a) All men were still alive.
(b) The Japanese left the camp.
(c) Civilians were bringing food to them.
(d) The victory was not a dream.
15. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
(a) Mickey and Mac.
(b) Roger and Mac.
(c) Mac and Rick.
(d) Mac and Mac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Falconer survive?
2. Who was tracking down war criminals in Japan in Chapter 36?
3. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
4. What did the American troops do to Kwajalein?
5. When did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)