|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What granted Louis a space of time to let it go?
2. What was Louis in high demand for in Chapter 34?
(a) By authors wanting to write a book about him.
(b) Debreifing for the military.
(c) By military families wondering if he had seen their missing loved ones.
(d) Speaking engagements.
3. When does Chapter 29 begin?
(a) May, 1945.
(b) June, 1945.
(c) July, 1945.
(d) March, 1945.
4. What did Louis refrain from doing while being beaten?
(a) Fighting back.
5. What was Lieutenant Colonel Marion Unruh given in Chapter 32?
(a) The camp commander's pistol.
(b) The camp commander's sword.
(c) The camp commander's medals.
(d) The camp commander's hat.
6. What car did Louis buy prior to his wedding with Cynthia?
(a) An Edsel.
(b) A Chevy convertible.
(c) A Ford convertible.
(d) A Buick convertible.
7. Why was it an advantage to have the enlisted men go outside the camp.
(a) They could see Japan.
(b) They could sneak back food and other items.
(c) They could get some exercize.
(d) They could gather information about the Allied forces.
8. Where did the Bird make the men stand to strike each other's faces?
(a) In the middle of the camp.
(b) In their barracks.
(c) In the Commander's room.
(d) In the medical tent.
9. What did Louis damage in Naoetsu?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) An arm.
(c) A knee.
(d) His neck.
10. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
(a) His military past.
(b) His Italian ethnicity and middle class origin.
(c) His low education.
(d) His religious background.
11. How high was the pile of wood made from the camp's fence?
(a) 50 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 45 feet.
(d) 60 feet.
12. Where was Watanabe in late 1948?
13. How long had Louis been in Japan in Chapter 25?
(a) 15 months.
(b) 11 months.
(c) 17 months.
(d) 13 months.
14. Who inspected the prisoners at their arrival at Naoetsu camp?
(a) The Quack.
(b) The Bird.
(c) The Beaver.
(d) The Crotal.
15. What was the nickname of the Japanese prison medical officer that discovered Harris's plans?
(a) The Quack.
(b) The Shark.
(c) The Swan.
(d) The Beaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Louis' nightmares about?
2. What did the POW find as the walked down the mountain to the nearest village?
3. How long after Louis left Omori was 16 square miles of Tokyo incinerated?
4. When was the policy in the rumor suppose to be activated?
5. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)