|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was transferred to Omori in Chapter 27?
(b) Bill Harris.
(d) Robert Helis.
2. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
(a) One of Louis' college friends.
(b) Louis' brother.
(c) Louis' father.
(d) Cynthia's father.
3. Who heard of Watanabe's cruelty and put pressure on the military to remedy the situation?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) A high ranking Japanese army.
(c) A member of the Imperial Family.
(d) The Mayor of the local village.
4. Where was the Omori POW camp located?
(a) Near Kobe.
(b) Near Kyoto.
(c) Near Yokohama.
(d) Near Tokyo.
5. What did Watanabe settle at being in the remote mountain prefecture?
(a) A farm hand.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A janitor.
(d) A butcher.
6. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Kill the Bird.
(b) Kill the Fox.
(c) Kill the Hound.
(d) Kill the Quack.
7. What did Tinker find in camp?
(a) A watch.
(b) A bottle of Sake.
(c) A victrola.
(d) A pistol.
8. What did the American troops do to Kwajalein?
(a) They preserved it.
(b) They transformed it into a hopsital.
(c) They demolished it.
(d) They turned it into a command center.
9. Approximately how many punches did each man take?
10. What would be worth going to a punishment camp according to Louis?
(a) Getting away from the prime bombing target Tokyo.
(b) Getting away from the food at his current camp.
(c) Getting to a camp with better water.
(d) Getting away from Watanabe.
11. When was Hiroshima bombed?
(a) August 6, 1945.
(b) August 7, 1945.
(c) August 5, 1945.
(d) August 8, 1945.
12. What did the Zamperini family hope for Louis?
(a) He was still alive.
(b) He was on a secret mission.
(c) He was not a POW.
(d) He died quickly.
13. Who did Watanabe feel was the only one who could judge him?
(b) Japanese tribunals.
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) The Emperor.
14. Who inspected the prisoners at their arrival at Naoetsu camp?
(a) The Quack.
(b) The Crotal.
(c) The Bird.
(d) The Beaver.
15. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
(a) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) By cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Cissy Zamperini born?
2. What was Watanabe's nickname in Chapter 24?
3. For what reason did Cynthia ask her father for money?
4. What did John Falconer survive?
5. What would Watanabe sometimes do after beating a prisoner?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)