|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Watanabe settle at being in the remote mountain prefecture?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A farm hand.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A janitor.
2. What did Louis think Cynthia's parents found unacceptable?
(a) His religious background.
(b) His Italian ethnicity and middle class origin.
(c) His military past.
(d) His low education.
3. What did John Falconer survive?
(a) The Shanghai Massacre.
(b) The Burma disaster.
(c) The Oklahoma Sinking.
(d) The Bataan Death March.
4. What granted Louis a space of time to let it go?
5. What would Watanabe sometimes do after beating a prisoner?
(a) Go back and beat the ones treating his wounds.
(b) Go back and apologize.
(c) Go back and kill him.
(d) Transfer the prisoner to another camp.
6. How long after Louis left Omori was 16 square miles of Tokyo incinerated?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
7. What did the women look like to Ken Marvin?
(a) Mainly old ladies.
8. What was Louis given to read in Chapter 26 when he went back to the radio station?
(a) A letter accusing fellow Americans.
(b) A confession letter.
(c) A letter of submission to the Emperor.
(d) An anti-American text.
9. Louis was taken to ____________ in Tokyo.
(a) A radio broadcasting station.
(b) A military office.
(c) A farm.
(d) A radio factory.
10. Where were the POWs headed after leaving Naoetsu?
11. Where did Louis meet Cynthia Applewhite?
(d) New York.
12. How many war criminals were convicted in Japan?
13. What didn't the American troops find in Kwajalein about Louis?
(a) Proof of Louis' passage in the camp.
(b) Proof that Louis was there.
(c) Proof of Louis' fate.
(d) Proof that Louis and Phil were together.
14. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
(a) One of Louis' college friends.
(b) Cynthia's father.
(c) Louis' father.
(d) Louis' brother.
15. What did the prisoners of Mitsushima try to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Kill the Quack.
(b) Kill the Hound.
(c) Kill the Bird.
(d) Kill the Fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the man who was proposing to resell earth moving equipment to the Philippines ask Louis for?
2. Why was it an advantage to have the enlisted men go outside the camp.
3. How did the Naoetsu POWs leave the camp?
4. What were the names of Cynthia's two boyfriends when she met Louis?
5. When did Louis and Cynthia marry?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)