|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the camp commander tell the men assembled in the camp?
(a) Germany had surrendered.
(b) Japan was bombed.
(c) The war had ended.
(d) They would be transported to Tokyo.
2. What did Harris spend the summer of 1944 doing according to Chapter 22?
(a) Planning to take over the camp.
(b) Planning to kill guards.
(c) Planning an escape.
(d) Planning to make contact with the Japanese resistance.
3. Where was Watanabe in late 1948?
4. When did Cynthia first meet the Zanperini family?
(a) May 17.
(b) May 30.
(c) May 25.
(d) May 10.
5. What did one man marvel at as the sun came up after the party?
(a) Civilians were bringing food to them.
(b) The Japanese left the camp.
(c) All men were still alive.
(d) The victory was not a dream.
6. What day was Mother's Day for Louis' mother following his release?
(a) September 12.
(b) September 9.
(c) September 5.
(d) September 7.
7. How many POWs had wet beriberi according to Chapter 35?
8. What was Watanabe's nickname in Chapter 24?
(a) The Bird.
(b) The Beaver.
(c) The Lion.
(d) The Dog.
9. What did the women look like to Ken Marvin?
(d) Mainly old ladies.
10. What did the POW learn in Chapter 29?
(a) Germany had fallen.
(b) The landing in Normandy was successful.
(c) The Russians took over Stalingrad.
(d) Hiroshima was destroyed.
11. Who did Watanabe feel was the only one who could judge him?
(a) The Emperor.
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) Japanese tribunals.
12. What did Louis do when given the text to read?
(a) He refused to read it.
(b) He pretended not to know how to read.
(c) He crumpled the paper.
(d) He read it in a joking tone.
13. What was Zamperini's family told about him according to Chapter 21?
(a) He was dead.
(b) He was a POW.
(c) He was in Japan.
(d) He was missing at sea.
14. Who walked Cynthia down the aisle?
(a) Louis' father.
(b) Louis' brother.
(c) One of Louis' college friends.
(d) Cynthia's father.
15. What was Louis suffering from in August, 1945?
(b) Dengue feaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Louis put in charge of caring for in Naoetsu?
2. How high was the pile of wood made from the camp's fence?
3. How was Watanabe "punished" for his mistreating of prisoners?
4. When was Hiroshima bombed?
5. What was the nickname of the Japanese prison medical officer that discovered Harris's plans?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)