|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Japanese build in the Nauru?
(a) A phosphate mine.
(b) A repair facility.
(c) A plane factory.
(d) An air strip.
2. Whose control were Marshall and Gilbert Island under?
3. What did Louis do after calling for Phil in his cell?
(c) Tried to kill himself.
(d) Tried to escape.
4. What was lost during the crash?
(a) The large provision box.
(b) The raft canapee.
(c) The flares.
(d) The radio.
5. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
(a) Questions about his running career.
(b) Questions about bombers.
(c) Questions about U.S. plans.
(d) Questions about his life in the America.
6. Where was Phil sent to in Chapter 20?
(a) To a labor camp.
(b) To a punishment camp.
(c) To a kill camp.
(d) To a slave camp.
7. What promise did Louis make on the boat?
(a) He would spend his life in public service.
(b) He would marry and live a good life.
(c) He would quit the army immediately.
(d) If he survived he would dedicate his life to God.
8. By what means did Louis Zamperini go to Germany in Chapter 4?
(a) On a Navy ship.
(b) By plane.
(c) On a Zepplin.
(d) By steamer.
9. What was the nickname of Francis MacNamara?
10. Where were the 1940's Olympics supposed to take place?
(c) New York.
11. Where were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to after getting their plane?
(c) Marshall Island.
(d) Oahu Hawaii.
12. How did Phil get out of the plane?
(a) By the right gun opening.
(b) By the underbelly hatch.
(c) By the cockpit window.
(d) By the side window.
13. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
14. What did Louis Zamperini and his crew name their plane?
(a) Iron Man.
(c) Super Man.
(d) Green Hornet.
15. What was Louis Zamperini afraid of with his new airplane?
(a) Is was untested.
(b) It was too big.
(c) Is was cursed.
(d) It was missing important parts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
2. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
3. What secret piece of equipment did Louis Zamperini use during the bombing run on Wake Island?
4. What hallucination did Louis have on the raft according to Chapter 16?
5. What did Louis give to the Japanese interrogating him?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)