|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did prisoners in Louis camp communicate with each other?
(a) Using eye signals.
(b) By written notes.
(c) By hand signal and morse code.
(d) Using bird songs.
2. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
(a) A Japanese ship.
(b) An American ship.
(c) A British ship.
(d) A Japanese recue aircraft.
3. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
(a) Dark Island.
(b) Death Island.
(c) Execution Island.
(d) Island of No Return.
4. What were large contributors to the death rate of airmen during the early stages of the war according to Chapter 8?
(a) Faulty fuel.
(b) Bad weather forcecasts.
(c) Weather and mechanical problems.
(d) Bad training.
5. How many bombers were sent to bomb Nauru according to Chapter 9?
6. What did Phil do before slipping into unconsciousness?
(a) Told Louis to look after
(b) Put Louis in charge.
(c) Told Louis to look after him.
(d) Told Louis to try the radio.
7. What was the nickname of Francis MacNamara?
8. From whom did Louis Zamperini receive congratulations?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Payton Jordan.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Markus Rodenberger.
9. Where were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to after getting their plane?
(a) Oahu Hawaii.
(b) Marshall Island.
10. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
(a) On their 46th day.
(b) On their 66th day.
(c) On their 56th day.
(d) On their 36th day.
11. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
(a) The Flying Death.
(b) The Flying Coffin.
(c) The Death From Above.
(d) The Flying Marmot.
12. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
(a) Three Weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four weeks,.
(d) One week.
13. What was the nickname of the man who trained Louis Zamperini?
14. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
(a) The state mile record.
(b) The state 36 hole record.
(c) The state batting record.
(d) The state running record.
15. What camp were Phil and Louis transferred to in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
2. Whose control were Marshall and Gilbert Island under?
3. Where were Louis Zamperini and the remaining crew reassigned to after the bombing of Fanafuti?
4. In what race did Louis Zamperini decide he should compete?
5. What did Louis discover after waking up in Chapter 13?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)