|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Louis Zamperini's place in the qualifying race in Germany?
2. What did Louis kill on the raft in Chapter 16?
(a) A pelican.
(b) A shark.
(c) A tuna.
(d) An albatross.
3. What position did Jimmie Sasaki have in the POW camp Louis was at?
(a) Head translator.
(b) Head interrogator.
(c) Head medic.
(d) Head guard.
4. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
(a) The discipline of the Navy ship.
(b) The size of the Zepplin.
(c) The speed of the plane.
(d) The luxury of the boat and the food.
5. What engines failed on Louis Zamperini 's plane?
(a) One left engine and one right engine.
(b) One right engine.
(c) Both right engines.
(d) Both left engines.
6. Louis Zamperini enlisted in ___________.
(a) THe U.S. Army.
(b) The Army Air Corp.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The U.S. Navy.
7. In what year did Germany and Japan start invading other countries according to Chapter 5?
8. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
(a) The Flying Marmot.
(b) The Flying Death.
(c) The Flying Coffin.
(d) The Death From Above.
9. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
10. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
(a) How to sneak in food.
(b) Japanese words.
(c) Japanese customs.
(d) How to talk with respect to guards.
11. Whose control were Marshall and Gilbert Island under?
12. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
(a) A flare.
(b) A fire.
(c) A white shirt.
(d) A hand mirror and signal dye.
13. From what altitudes were the bombers supposed to bomb Nauru?
(a) 5,000 feet..
(b) 8,000 feet.
(c) 12,000 feet.
(d) 15,000 feet.
14. What did the Japanese build in the Nauru?
(a) A plane factory.
(b) An air strip.
(c) A phosphate mine.
(d) A repair facility.
15. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
(a) Put water in..
(b) Lit a fire.
(c) Huddled together.
(d) Put sea weed over themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis Zamperini's brother tell the principal that Louis needed?
2. What was the name of Louis Zamperini 's older brother?
3. What camp were Phil and Louis transferred to in Chapter 19?
4. When did the men in the raft see another plane according to Chapter 15?
5. What did Francis MacNamara start to do after some time in the raft?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)