|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the 1940's Olympics supposed to take place?
(c) New York.
2. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
(a) Death Island.
(b) Island of No Return.
(c) Execution Island.
(d) Dark Island.
3. What did Francis MacNamara start to do after some time in the raft?
(a) Cried that they were all going to die.
(b) Tried to start a fire.
(c) Tried to take charge.
(d) Jumped in the water.
4. Where were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to after getting their plane?
(a) Marshall Island.
(d) Oahu Hawaii.
5. What did Louis Zamperini think when the plane was about to crash?
(a) "I hate planes."
(b) "Nobody's going to live through this."
(c) "I need to find the life raft."
(d) "If I survive, I will dedicate my life to God."
6. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
(a) Lit a fire.
(b) Put sea weed over themselves.
(c) Put water in..
(d) Huddled together.
7. What did the Japanese man tell Louis about the MIA Marines listed on the cell wall in Kwajalein?
(a) They were all executed.
(b) They were all transfered.
(c) They all killed themselves.
(d) They were all freed.
8. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
(a) One week.
(b) Three Weeks.
(c) Four weeks,.
(d) Two weeks.
9. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
10. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
(a) An American ship.
(b) A British ship.
(c) A Japanese ship.
(d) A Japanese recue aircraft.
11. Where was Louis Zamperini sent for training?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) Washington State.
12. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
13. What university was Jimmie Sasaki attending?
(a) University of Nevada.
(b) University of Southern California.
(c) University of Tokyo.
(d) Berlin Techical College.
14. What did Louis Zamperini's brother tell the principal that Louis needed?
(a) A date.
(c) Reading help.
(d) Positive recognition.
15. What camp were Phil and Louis transferred to in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
2. What did Louis discover after waking up in Chapter 13?
3. What secret piece of equipment did Louis Zamperini use during the bombing run on Wake Island?
4. What did Louis Zamperini and his crew name their plane?
5. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)