|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the principal of Louis Zamperini 's school forbid him to do in Chapter 2?
(b) Attend Math 201.
(c) Go to the prom.
(d) Join clubs or sports teams.
2. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
(a) The Flying Coffin.
(b) The Flying Death.
(c) The Death From Above.
(d) The Flying Marmot.
3. What was Louis Zamperini intimidated with in Germany?
(a) To obedience of the public.
(b) The other competitors.
(c) The cleanliness of the country.
(d) The military.
4. From what altitudes were the bombers supposed to bomb Nauru?
(a) 12,000 feet.
(b) 8,000 feet.
(c) 15,000 feet.
(d) 5,000 feet..
5. How many names of MIA Marines did Louis find in his cell according to Chapter 18?
6. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
(a) Getting away from the sharks.
(b) Bandaging their wounds.
(c) Firing the flare.
(d) Getting back on the raft.
7. Who took the lead in Louis Zamperini's qualifying race?
(a) The Swedes.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Finns.
8. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
(a) Questions about his running career.
(b) Questions about U.S. plans.
(c) Questions about bombers.
(d) Questions about his life in the America.
9. What secret piece of equipment did Louis Zamperini use during the bombing run on Wake Island?
(a) The Maxell Radar.
(b) The Norden bomb sight.
(c) The Federer Engine.
(d) The Robertson night vision system.
10. Where did Louis Zamperini live as a child?
(a) New York and California.
(b) Italy and California.
(c) Italy and New York.
(d) New York and Boston.
11. What position did Jimmie Sasaki have in the POW camp Louis was at?
(a) Head guard.
(b) Head translator.
(c) Head medic.
(d) Head interrogator.
12. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
(a) During a search mission.
(b) During a training exercise
(c) During a bombing run.
(d) During a flight for leave.
13. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
(a) The size of the Zepplin.
(b) The speed of the plane.
(c) The luxury of the boat and the food.
(d) The discipline of the Navy ship.
14. Whose voice did Louis hear as he surfaced after the crash according to Chapter 12?
15. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were large contributors to the death rate of airmen during the early stages of the war according to Chapter 8?
2. What did Louis use to make bait to catch a fish in Chapter 14?
3. How many bombers were sent to bomb Nauru according to Chapter 9?
4. How many holes did Super Man have?
5. By what means did Louis Zamperini go to Germany in Chapter 4?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)