|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louis Zamperini and the rest of the trainees share?
(a) Training gear.
(c) Living quarters.
2. By what means did Louis Zamperini go to Germany in Chapter 4?
(a) By steamer.
(b) By plane.
(c) On a Navy ship.
(d) On a Zepplin.
3. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
(a) Bikini Island.
4. How was Louis Zamperini as a child?
(a) He was quiet, but friendly.
(b) He was the clown of the class.
(c) He was a troublemaker.
(d) He was a quiet and a loner.
5. What did Louis use to make bait to catch a fish in Chapter 14?
(a) A shark.
(b) A fish.
(c) A pelican.
(d) An albatross.
6. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
(a) The state running record.
(b) The state mile record.
(c) The state batting record.
(d) The state 36 hole record.
7. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
8. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
(a) Dark Island.
(b) Island of No Return.
(c) Execution Island.
(d) Death Island.
9. What hallucination did Louis have on the raft according to Chapter 16?
(a) He heard singing.
(b) He saw mermaids.
(c) He could see land.
(d) He tasted chocolate.
10. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
(a) A flare.
(b) A hand mirror and signal dye.
(c) A white shirt.
(d) A fire.
11. What did the principal of Louis Zamperini 's school forbid him to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Go to the prom.
(b) Attend Math 201.
(c) Join clubs or sports teams.
12. In what year did Germany and Japan start invading other countries according to Chapter 5?
13. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
14. How many bombers were sent to bomb Nauru according to Chapter 9?
15. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
(a) The Flying Marmot.
(b) The Flying Death.
(c) The Flying Coffin.
(d) The Death From Above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Louis Zamperini and the remaining crew reassigned to after the bombing of Fanafuti?
2. What was the name of the plane Louis Zamperini and his crew were assigned to in Chapter 11?
3. What did Louis kill on the raft in Chapter 16?
4. What did Louis Zamperini think when the plane was about to crash?
5. What was the name of Louis Zamperini 's older brother?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)