|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Louis Zamperini enlisted in ___________.
(a) The U.S. Navy.
(b) THe U.S. Army.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Army Air Corp.
2. Who took the lead in Louis Zamperini's qualifying race?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Finns.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Swedes.
3. What was Louis Zamperini intimidated with in Germany?
(a) To obedience of the public.
(b) The military.
(c) The cleanliness of the country.
(d) The other competitors.
4. What position did Jimmie Sasaki have in the POW camp Louis was at?
(a) Head interrogator.
(b) Head guard.
(c) Head medic.
(d) Head translator.
5. What did the Japanese man tell Louis about the MIA Marines listed on the cell wall in Kwajalein?
(a) They all killed themselves.
(b) They were all executed.
(c) They were all transfered.
(d) They were all freed.
6. Where were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to after getting their plane?
(b) Oahu Hawaii.
(d) Marshall Island.
7. From what country did Louis Zamperini 's family immigrate?
8. What did Louis do to keep the shark at bay?
(a) He used flares.
(b) Hit them on the nose.
(c) He used a paddle as a hammer.
(d) He fired his gun.
9. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
(a) The Flying Coffin.
(b) The Death From Above.
(c) The Flying Marmot.
(d) The Flying Death.
10. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
(a) During a training exercise
(b) During a search mission.
(c) During a bombing run.
(d) During a flight for leave.
11. What did Louis Zamperini's brother tell the principal that Louis needed?
(a) Positive recognition.
(c) A date.
(d) Reading help.
12. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three Weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Four weeks,.
13. What was lost during the crash?
(a) The radio.
(b) The raft canapee.
(c) The large provision box.
(d) The flares.
14. What promise did Louis make on the boat?
(a) He would spend his life in public service.
(b) He would quit the army immediately.
(c) He would marry and live a good life.
(d) If he survived he would dedicate his life to God.
15. Where were the 1940's Olympics supposed to take place?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Germany and Japan start invading other countries according to Chapter 5?
2. What plane did Louis and the men in the raft signal?
3. What did Louis kill on the raft in Chapter 16?
4. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
5. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)