|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louis do after calling for Phil in his cell?
(a) Tried to kill himself.
(d) Tried to escape.
2. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
(d) Torture tools.
3. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
(a) How to sneak in food.
(b) How to talk with respect to guards.
(c) Japanese customs.
(d) Japanese words.
4. From what country did Louis Zamperini 's family immigrate?
5. Who took the lead in Louis Zamperini's qualifying race?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Finns.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Swedes.
6. What did the Japanese man tell Louis about the MIA Marines listed on the cell wall in Kwajalein?
(a) They all killed themselves.
(b) They were all executed.
(c) They were all transfered.
(d) They were all freed.
7. What was the name of the plane Louis Zamperini and his crew were assigned to in Chapter 11?
(a) The Avenger.
(b) Super Girl.
(c) The Hulk.
(d) The Green Hornet.
8. What did the Japanese build in the Nauru?
(a) A phosphate mine.
(b) A repair facility.
(c) A plane factory.
(d) An air strip.
9. In what year does Chapter 1 begin?
10. What engines failed on Louis Zamperini 's plane?
(a) One right engine.
(b) Both left engines.
(c) Both right engines.
(d) One left engine and one right engine.
11. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
(a) Firing the flare.
(b) Bandaging their wounds.
(c) Getting away from the sharks.
(d) Getting back on the raft.
12. What did Francis MacNamara start to do after some time in the raft?
(a) Tried to take charge.
(b) Tried to start a fire.
(c) Jumped in the water.
(d) Cried that they were all going to die.
13. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
(a) A hand mirror and signal dye.
(b) A white shirt.
(c) A fire.
(d) A flare.
14. How was Louis Zamperini as a child?
(a) He was quiet, but friendly.
(b) He was a quiet and a loner.
(c) He was the clown of the class.
(d) He was a troublemaker.
15. Louis Zamperini enlisted in ___________.
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Army Air Corp.
(c) The U.S. Navy.
(d) THe U.S. Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to active duty according to Chapter 7?
2. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
3. What did Louis Zamperini think when the plane was about to crash?
4. What did Louis Zamperini's brother tell the principal that Louis needed?
5. From what altitudes were the bombers supposed to bomb Nauru?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)