|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What engines failed on Louis Zamperini 's plane?
(a) Both left engines.
(b) Both right engines.
(c) One left engine and one right engine.
(d) One right engine.
2. What team did Louis Zamperini join?
3. From whom did Louis Zamperini receive congratulations?
(a) Markus Rodenberger.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) Payton Jordan.
4. Where did Louis Zamperini live as a child?
(a) Italy and California.
(b) Italy and New York.
(c) New York and California.
(d) New York and Boston.
5. How did Phil get out of the plane?
(a) By the underbelly hatch.
(b) By the right gun opening.
(c) By the side window.
(d) By the cockpit window.
6. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
(a) The discipline of the Navy ship.
(b) The size of the Zepplin.
(c) The luxury of the boat and the food.
(d) The speed of the plane.
7. Where were Louis Zamperini and the remaining crew reassigned to after the bombing of Fanafuti?
(c) Marshall Island.
8. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Four weeks,.
(d) Three Weeks.
9. How many holes did Super Man have?
10. What did Louis give to the Japanese interrogating him?
(a) Locations of fake fleats.
(b) Locations of fake naval bases.
(c) Locations of fake air stips.
(d) Locations of fake weapon factories.
11. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
(a) Dark Island.
(b) Death Island.
(c) Island of No Return.
(d) Execution Island.
12. What did Louis discover after waking up in Chapter 13?
(a) Mac drank all the water.
(b) That Mac ate all the chocolate.
(c) Mac was dead.
(d) Mac caught a shark.
13. What did the principal of Louis Zamperini 's school forbid him to do in Chapter 2?
(b) Join clubs or sports teams.
(c) Go to the prom.
(d) Attend Math 201.
14. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
(a) Japanese customs.
(b) How to sneak in food.
(c) How to talk with respect to guards.
(d) Japanese words.
15. What secret piece of equipment did Louis Zamperini use during the bombing run on Wake Island?
(a) The Norden bomb sight.
(b) The Maxell Radar.
(c) The Federer Engine.
(d) The Robertson night vision system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the 1936 Olympics held according to Chapter 3?
2. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
3. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
4. What camp were Phil and Louis transferred to in Chapter 19?
5. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)