|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
2. In what race did Louis Zamperini decide he should compete?
(a) The 100 meter race..
(b) The 1500 meter race.
(c) The 5000 meter race.
(d) The 500 meter race.
3. What camp were Phil and Louis transferred to in Chapter 19?
4. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
(a) Japanese customs.
(b) How to sneak in food.
(c) Japanese words.
(d) How to talk with respect to guards.
5. What was Louis Zamperini intimidated with in Germany?
(a) The cleanliness of the country.
(b) The other competitors.
(c) The military.
(d) To obedience of the public.
6. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
7. What did Louis Zamperini's brother tell the principal that Louis needed?
(b) Positive recognition.
(c) A date.
(d) Reading help.
8. Russell Phillips was from __________..
(a) South Carolina.
9. From what country did Louis Zamperini 's family immigrate?
10. Whose control were Marshall and Gilbert Island under?
11. What did Louis use to make bait to catch a fish in Chapter 14?
(a) A shark.
(b) A pelican.
(c) An albatross.
(d) A fish.
12. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
(a) The state running record.
(b) The state 36 hole record.
(c) The state batting record.
(d) The state mile record.
13. What did Louis discover after waking up in Chapter 13?
(a) Mac caught a shark.
(b) Mac was dead.
(c) That Mac ate all the chocolate.
(d) Mac drank all the water.
14. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
15. How did prisoners in Louis camp communicate with each other?
(a) By written notes.
(b) By hand signal and morse code.
(c) Using eye signals.
(d) Using bird songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What engines failed on Louis Zamperini 's plane?
2. What team did Louis Zamperini join?
3. What was the name of Louis Zamperini 's older brother?
4. What was Louis Zamperini's place in the qualifying race in Germany?
5. How many bombers were sent to bomb Nauru according to Chapter 9?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)