|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louis use to make bait to catch a fish in Chapter 14?
(a) A shark.
(b) A fish.
(c) An albatross.
(d) A pelican.
2. What happened to Louis Zamperini when he got close to the head of the qualifying race?
(a) He was stepped on.
(b) He got elbowed.
(c) He had a leg cramp.
(d) He tripped.
3. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
(a) Bikini Island.
4. What team did Louis Zamperini join?
5. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
(a) A British ship.
(b) An American ship.
(c) A Japanese recue aircraft.
(d) A Japanese ship.
6. What was Louis Zamperini afraid of with his new airplane?
(a) Is was untested.
(b) Is was cursed.
(c) It was missing important parts.
(d) It was too big.
7. How many names of MIA Marines did Louis find in his cell according to Chapter 18?
8. Louis Zamperini enlisted in ___________.
(a) The Marines.
(b) THe U.S. Army.
(c) The U.S. Navy.
(d) The Army Air Corp.
9. Whose control were Marshall and Gilbert Island under?
10. What engines failed on Louis Zamperini 's plane?
(a) One left engine and one right engine.
(b) One right engine.
(c) Both left engines.
(d) Both right engines.
11. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
(a) Questions about bombers.
(b) Questions about his life in the America.
(c) Questions about U.S. plans.
(d) Questions about his running career.
12. Where was Phil sent to in Chapter 20?
(a) To a kill camp.
(b) To a slave camp.
(c) To a punishment camp.
(d) To a labor camp.
13. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
(a) On their 36th day.
(b) On their 46th day.
(c) On their 56th day.
(d) On their 66th day.
14. What position did Jimmie Sasaki have in the POW camp Louis was at?
(a) Head interrogator.
(b) Head medic.
(c) Head guard.
(d) Head translator.
15. What was Louis Zamperini intimidated with in Germany?
(a) To obedience of the public.
(b) The other competitors.
(c) The cleanliness of the country.
(d) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Louis Zamperini sent for training?
2. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
3. Whose voice did Louis hear as he surfaced after the crash according to Chapter 12?
4. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
5. What did Louis Zamperini and his crew name their plane?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)