|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Phil and his co-pilot notice before an engine failed on their new plane?
(a) The landing gear was stuck.
(b) The tail was vibrating.
(c) The right engine was turning too fast.
(d) An engine was burning more fuel than the others.
2. From whom did Louis Zamperini receive congratulations?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Payton Jordan.
(c) Markus Rodenberger.
(d) President Roosevelt.
3. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
(a) An American ship.
(b) A British ship.
(c) A Japanese recue aircraft.
(d) A Japanese ship.
4. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
(a) Questions about his running career.
(b) Questions about bombers.
(c) Questions about his life in the America.
(d) Questions about U.S. plans.
5. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
6. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
(a) Getting back on the raft.
(b) Getting away from the sharks.
(c) Firing the flare.
(d) Bandaging their wounds.
7. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
(a) Put sea weed over themselves.
(b) Huddled together.
(c) Lit a fire.
(d) Put water in..
8. Where was Phil sent to in Chapter 20?
(a) To a kill camp.
(b) To a slave camp.
(c) To a punishment camp.
(d) To a labor camp.
9. By what means did Louis Zamperini go to Germany in Chapter 4?
(a) By steamer.
(b) By plane.
(c) On a Zepplin.
(d) On a Navy ship.
10. How many names of MIA Marines did Louis find in his cell according to Chapter 18?
11. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
(d) Torture tools.
12. How many holes did Super Man have?
13. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
(a) How to talk with respect to guards.
(b) How to sneak in food.
(c) Japanese words.
(d) Japanese customs.
14. How did Phil get out of the plane?
(a) By the side window.
(b) By the cockpit window.
(c) By the right gun opening.
(d) By the underbelly hatch.
15. How did prisoners in Louis camp communicate with each other?
(a) Using bird songs.
(b) Using eye signals.
(c) By written notes.
(d) By hand signal and morse code.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis Zamperini and the rest of the trainees share?
2. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
3. What was the nickname of the man who trained Louis Zamperini?
4. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
5. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)