|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were large contributors to the death rate of airmen during the early stages of the war according to Chapter 8?
(a) Faulty fuel.
(b) Bad training.
(c) Weather and mechanical problems.
(d) Bad weather forcecasts.
2. What did Louis Zamperini and his crew name their plane?
(a) Super Man.
(c) Green Hornet.
(d) Iron Man.
3. In what year does Chapter 1 begin?
4. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
(a) How to talk with respect to guards.
(b) Japanese customs.
(c) Japanese words.
(d) How to sneak in food.
5. What hallucination did Louis have on the raft according to Chapter 16?
(a) He could see land.
(b) He tasted chocolate.
(c) He heard singing.
(d) He saw mermaids.
6. What did the Japanese man tell Louis about the MIA Marines listed on the cell wall in Kwajalein?
(a) They all killed themselves.
(b) They were all transfered.
(c) They were all executed.
(d) They were all freed.
7. From what altitudes were the bombers supposed to bomb Nauru?
(a) 15,000 feet.
(b) 8,000 feet.
(c) 12,000 feet.
(d) 5,000 feet..
8. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
(a) Torture tools.
9. What did Louis discover after waking up in Chapter 13?
(a) Mac drank all the water.
(b) Mac was dead.
(c) Mac caught a shark.
(d) That Mac ate all the chocolate.
10. What did Francis MacNamara start to do after some time in the raft?
(a) Cried that they were all going to die.
(b) Tried to take charge.
(c) Tried to start a fire.
(d) Jumped in the water.
11. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
(a) The Death From Above.
(b) The Flying Coffin.
(c) The Flying Marmot.
(d) The Flying Death.
12. How many holes did Super Man have?
13. How many bombers were sent to bomb Nauru according to Chapter 9?
14. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
(a) During a bombing run.
(b) During a search mission.
(c) During a flight for leave.
(d) During a training exercise
15. What camp were Phil and Louis transferred to in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Louis Zamperini 's older brother?
2. What plane did Louis and the men in the raft signal?
3. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
4. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
5. What was lost during the crash?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)