|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
2. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
(a) Execution Island.
(b) Dark Island.
(c) Death Island.
(d) Island of No Return.
3. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
(a) Put sea weed over themselves.
(b) Lit a fire.
(c) Huddled together.
(d) Put water in..
4. From what country did Louis Zamperini 's family immigrate?
5. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
(d) Torture tools.
6. Where were the 1940's Olympics supposed to take place?
(b) New York.
7. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
(a) The discipline of the Navy ship.
(b) The luxury of the boat and the food.
(c) The size of the Zepplin.
(d) The speed of the plane.
8. Who took the lead in Louis Zamperini's qualifying race?
(a) The Swedes.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Finns.
(d) The Italians.
9. Where were Louis Zamperini and the remaining crew reassigned to after the bombing of Fanafuti?
(b) Marshall Island.
10. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
(a) Japanese customs.
(b) Japanese words.
(c) How to sneak in food.
(d) How to talk with respect to guards.
11. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
12. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
(a) A fire.
(b) A white shirt.
(c) A flare.
(d) A hand mirror and signal dye.
13. By what means did Louis Zamperini go to Germany in Chapter 4?
(a) By steamer.
(b) On a Navy ship.
(c) On a Zepplin.
(d) By plane.
14. What happened to Louis Zamperini when he got close to the head of the qualifying race?
(a) He tripped.
(b) He had a leg cramp.
(c) He got elbowed.
(d) He was stepped on.
15. In what year does Chapter 1 begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Germany and Japan start invading other countries according to Chapter 5?
2. When were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to active duty according to Chapter 7?
3. How many names of MIA Marines did Louis find in his cell according to Chapter 18?
4. What did the Japanese build in the Nauru?
5. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)