|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louis do after calling for Phil in his cell?
(a) Tried to escape.
(b) Tried to kill himself.
2. What hallucination did Louis have on the raft according to Chapter 16?
(a) He saw mermaids.
(b) He could see land.
(c) He tasted chocolate.
(d) He heard singing.
3. What were large contributors to the death rate of airmen during the early stages of the war according to Chapter 8?
(a) Bad weather forcecasts.
(b) Faulty fuel.
(c) Bad training.
(d) Weather and mechanical problems.
4. What did the Japanese man tell Louis about the MIA Marines listed on the cell wall in Kwajalein?
(a) They all killed themselves.
(b) They were all transfered.
(c) They were all freed.
(d) They were all executed.
5. What was the nickname of Francis MacNamara?
6. What did Louis discover after waking up in Chapter 13?
(a) That Mac ate all the chocolate.
(b) Mac drank all the water.
(c) Mac was dead.
(d) Mac caught a shark.
7. What engines failed on Louis Zamperini 's plane?
(a) Both left engines.
(b) Both right engines.
(c) One left engine and one right engine.
(d) One right engine.
8. What secret piece of equipment did Louis Zamperini use during the bombing run on Wake Island?
(a) The Maxell Radar.
(b) The Federer Engine.
(c) The Robertson night vision system.
(d) The Norden bomb sight.
9. In what year does Chapter 1 begin?
10. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
(a) Dark Island.
(b) Death Island.
(c) Execution Island.
(d) Island of No Return.
11. Russell Phillips was from __________..
(c) South Carolina.
12. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
(d) Bikini Island.
13. What did Louis give to the Japanese interrogating him?
(a) Locations of fake weapon factories.
(b) Locations of fake air stips.
(c) Locations of fake fleats.
(d) Locations of fake naval bases.
14. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
(a) During a search mission.
(b) During a flight for leave.
(c) During a bombing run.
(d) During a training exercise
15. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
(a) Huddled together.
(b) Put sea weed over themselves.
(c) Lit a fire.
(d) Put water in..
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Phil do before slipping into unconsciousness?
2. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
4. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
5. From what altitudes were the bombers supposed to bomb Nauru?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)