|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Louis Zamperini afraid of with his new airplane?
(a) Is was cursed.
(b) It was missing important parts.
(c) Is was untested.
(d) It was too big.
2. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
3. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
(a) How to talk with respect to guards.
(b) Japanese words.
(c) How to sneak in food.
(d) Japanese customs.
4. From what country did Louis Zamperini 's family immigrate?
5. Russell Phillips was from __________..
(a) South Carolina.
6. What was Louis Zamperini's place in the qualifying race in Germany?
7. What did Louis discover after waking up in Chapter 13?
(a) Mac was dead.
(b) Mac drank all the water.
(c) That Mac ate all the chocolate.
(d) Mac caught a shark.
8. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
(a) Firing the flare.
(b) Bandaging their wounds.
(c) Getting back on the raft.
(d) Getting away from the sharks.
9. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
(a) Torture tools.
10. What did Francis MacNamara start to do after some time in the raft?
(a) Tried to start a fire.
(b) Tried to take charge.
(c) Jumped in the water.
(d) Cried that they were all going to die.
11. What did the Japanese build in the Nauru?
(a) An air strip.
(b) A plane factory.
(c) A repair facility.
(d) A phosphate mine.
12. What was the name of Louis Zamperini 's older brother?
13. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
(a) The state running record.
(b) The state 36 hole record.
(c) The state mile record.
(d) The state batting record.
14. How did Phil get out of the plane?
(a) By the right gun opening.
(b) By the side window.
(c) By the underbelly hatch.
(d) By the cockpit window.
15. How did prisoners in Louis camp communicate with each other?
(a) By hand signal and morse code.
(b) Using bird songs.
(c) By written notes.
(d) Using eye signals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
2. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
3. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
4. Who took the lead in Louis Zamperini's qualifying race?
5. How was Louis Zamperini as a child?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)