|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Phil sent to in Chapter 20?
(a) To a labor camp.
(b) To a kill camp.
(c) To a slave camp.
(d) To a punishment camp.
2. What was lost during the crash?
(a) The large provision box.
(b) The radio.
(c) The raft canapee.
(d) The flares.
3. How much weight did Louis Zamperini gain on the trip to Germany from the time he got on the boat?
(a) 15 pounds.
(b) 13 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 12 pounds.
4. Where were the 1936 Olympics held according to Chapter 3?
5. Where did Louis Zamperini live as a child?
(a) Italy and New York.
(b) Italy and California.
(c) New York and Boston.
(d) New York and California.
6. How did prisoners in Louis camp communicate with each other?
(a) Using eye signals.
(b) Using bird songs.
(c) By written notes.
(d) By hand signal and morse code.
7. What university was Jimmie Sasaki attending?
(a) University of Nevada.
(b) University of Southern California.
(c) Berlin Techical College.
(d) University of Tokyo.
8. How did Phil get out of the plane?
(a) By the side window.
(b) By the underbelly hatch.
(c) By the cockpit window.
(d) By the right gun opening.
9. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
(a) The state running record.
(b) The state 36 hole record.
(c) The state batting record.
(d) The state mile record.
10. What secret piece of equipment did Louis Zamperini use during the bombing run on Wake Island?
(a) The Norden bomb sight.
(b) The Maxell Radar.
(c) The Federer Engine.
(d) The Robertson night vision system.
11. What plane did Louis and the men in the raft signal?
(a) A Japanese fighter.
(b) An American fighter.
(c) An American bomber.
(d) A British fighter.
12. From what country did Louis Zamperini 's family immigrate?
13. What did Louis do to keep the shark at bay?
(a) Hit them on the nose.
(b) He fired his gun.
(c) He used a paddle as a hammer.
(d) He used flares.
14. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
15. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
(a) A white shirt.
(b) A hand mirror and signal dye.
(c) A flare.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the principal of Louis Zamperini 's school forbid him to do in Chapter 2?
2. What was the nickname of Francis MacNamara?
3. What did the Japanese man tell Louis about the MIA Marines listed on the cell wall in Kwajalein?
4. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
5. What was Louis Zamperini's place in the qualifying race in Germany?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)