|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Phil and his co-pilot notice before an engine failed on their new plane?
(a) An engine was burning more fuel than the others.
(b) The right engine was turning too fast.
(c) The landing gear was stuck.
(d) The tail was vibrating.
2. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
(a) The Death From Above.
(b) The Flying Death.
(c) The Flying Marmot.
(d) The Flying Coffin.
3. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
(a) Bikini Island.
4. Where were Louis Zamperini and the remaining crew reassigned to after the bombing of Fanafuti?
(d) Marshall Island.
5. What position did Jimmie Sasaki have in the POW camp Louis was at?
(a) Head interrogator.
(b) Head translator.
(c) Head medic.
(d) Head guard.
6. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
(a) During a training exercise
(b) During a search mission.
(c) During a bombing run.
(d) During a flight for leave.
7. What happened to Louis Zamperini when he got close to the head of the qualifying race?
(a) He tripped.
(b) He got elbowed.
(c) He had a leg cramp.
(d) He was stepped on.
8. From whom did Louis Zamperini receive congratulations?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Payton Jordan.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) Markus Rodenberger.
9. What did the Japanese man tell Louis about the MIA Marines listed on the cell wall in Kwajalein?
(a) They were all freed.
(b) They were all transfered.
(c) They were all executed.
(d) They all killed themselves.
10. By what means did Louis Zamperini go to Germany in Chapter 4?
(a) By steamer.
(b) On a Zepplin.
(c) By plane.
(d) On a Navy ship.
11. What did the principal of Louis Zamperini 's school forbid him to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Go to the prom.
(c) Join clubs or sports teams.
(d) Attend Math 201.
12. What did Francis MacNamara start to do after some time in the raft?
(a) Jumped in the water.
(b) Cried that they were all going to die.
(c) Tried to start a fire.
(d) Tried to take charge.
13. What did Louis discover after waking up in Chapter 13?
(a) Mac drank all the water.
(b) Mac was dead.
(c) That Mac ate all the chocolate.
(d) Mac caught a shark.
14. In what year does Chapter 1 begin?
15. Russell Phillips was from __________..
(a) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
2. Where was Phil sent to in Chapter 20?
3. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
4. Where were the 1940's Olympics supposed to take place?
5. What nickname was given to the Japanese bombers that raided Fanafuti?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)