|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
(a) A white shirt.
(b) A fire.
(c) A flare.
(d) A hand mirror and signal dye.
2. What did Louis do to keep the shark at bay?
(a) He used a paddle as a hammer.
(b) He fired his gun.
(c) Hit them on the nose.
(d) He used flares.
3. What plane did Louis and the men in the raft signal?
(a) An American fighter.
(b) An American bomber.
(c) A British fighter.
(d) A Japanese fighter.
4. When did the men in the raft see another plane according to Chapter 15?
(a) After 37 days.
(b) After 27 days.
(c) After 17 days.
(d) After 62 days.
5. Where were the 1936 Olympics held according to Chapter 3?
6. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
7. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
(a) During a training exercise
(b) During a search mission.
(c) During a bombing run.
(d) During a flight for leave.
8. What promise did Louis make on the boat?
(a) If he survived he would dedicate his life to God.
(b) He would marry and live a good life.
(c) He would spend his life in public service.
(d) He would quit the army immediately.
9. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
(a) Questions about his running career.
(b) Questions about U.S. plans.
(c) Questions about his life in the America.
(d) Questions about bombers.
10. Where did Louis Zamperini live as a child?
(a) New York and Boston.
(b) Italy and California.
(c) Italy and New York.
(d) New York and California.
11. What did Louis Zamperini think when the plane was about to crash?
(a) "I hate planes."
(b) "Nobody's going to live through this."
(c) "I need to find the life raft."
(d) "If I survive, I will dedicate my life to God."
12. What did Phil do before slipping into unconsciousness?
(a) Told Louis to look after
(b) Told Louis to try the radio.
(c) Told Louis to look after him.
(d) Put Louis in charge.
13. What did Louis kill on the raft in Chapter 16?
(a) A tuna.
(b) A shark.
(c) An albatross.
(d) A pelican.
14. Louis Zamperini enlisted in ___________.
(a) The U.S. Navy.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Army Air Corp.
(d) THe U.S. Army.
15. What did the Japanese build in the Nauru?
(a) A plane factory.
(b) A phosphate mine.
(c) An air strip.
(d) A repair facility.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom did Louis Zamperini receive congratulations?
2. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
3. What camp were Phil and Louis transferred to in Chapter 19?
4. What did Louis give to the Japanese interrogating him?
5. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)