|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much weight did Louis Zamperini gain on the trip to Germany from the time he got on the boat?
(a) 15 pounds.
(b) 13 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 12 pounds.
2. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
(a) Put water in..
(b) Huddled together.
(c) Put sea weed over themselves.
(d) Lit a fire.
3. What did the Japanese build in the Nauru?
(a) A phosphate mine.
(b) A plane factory.
(c) A repair facility.
(d) An air strip.
4. From what altitudes were the bombers supposed to bomb Nauru?
(a) 12,000 feet.
(b) 15,000 feet.
(c) 5,000 feet..
(d) 8,000 feet.
5. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
(a) The luxury of the boat and the food.
(b) The size of the Zepplin.
(c) The discipline of the Navy ship.
(d) The speed of the plane.
6. What secret piece of equipment did Louis Zamperini use during the bombing run on Wake Island?
(a) The Federer Engine.
(b) The Maxell Radar.
(c) The Robertson night vision system.
(d) The Norden bomb sight.
7. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
(a) A white shirt.
(b) A fire.
(c) A flare.
(d) A hand mirror and signal dye.
8. What guard was kinder to Louis?
9. How many bombers were sent to bomb Nauru according to Chapter 9?
10. How many squares of chocolate were the men on the raft supposed to have each day?
11. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
(a) Questions about bombers.
(b) Questions about his life in the America.
(c) Questions about U.S. plans.
(d) Questions about his running career.
12. Louis Zamperini enlisted in ___________.
(a) THe U.S. Army.
(b) The U.S. Navy.
(c) The Army Air Corp.
(d) The Marines.
13. What hallucination did Louis have on the raft according to Chapter 16?
(a) He heard singing.
(b) He saw mermaids.
(c) He could see land.
(d) He tasted chocolate.
14. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
(a) Bikini Island.
15. What did Louis do to keep the shark at bay?
(a) Hit them on the nose.
(b) He fired his gun.
(c) He used flares.
(d) He used a paddle as a hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plane did Louis and the men in the raft signal?
2. What university was Jimmie Sasaki attending?
3. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
4. Whose voice did Louis hear as he surfaced after the crash according to Chapter 12?
5. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)