|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Japanese build in the Nauru?
(a) A plane factory.
(b) An air strip.
(c) A repair facility.
(d) A phosphate mine.
2. How did prisoners in Louis camp communicate with each other?
(a) By hand signal and morse code.
(b) Using bird songs.
(c) By written notes.
(d) Using eye signals.
3. Where was Louis Zamperini sent for training?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) Washington State.
4. What were large contributors to the death rate of airmen during the early stages of the war according to Chapter 8?
(a) Bad weather forcecasts.
(b) Weather and mechanical problems.
(c) Faulty fuel.
(d) Bad training.
5. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
(a) A white shirt.
(b) A hand mirror and signal dye.
(c) A fire.
(d) A flare.
6. What nickname did the U.S. servicemen give to Kwajalein?
(a) Island of No Return.
(b) Dark Island.
(c) Execution Island.
(d) Death Island.
7. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
(a) During a flight for leave.
(b) During a bombing run.
(c) During a training exercise
(d) During a search mission.
8. What did Louis give to the Japanese interrogating him?
(a) Locations of fake naval bases.
(b) Locations of fake air stips.
(c) Locations of fake fleats.
(d) Locations of fake weapon factories.
9. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
(a) The state running record.
(b) The state batting record.
(c) The state mile record.
(d) The state 36 hole record.
10. By what means did Louis Zamperini go to Germany in Chapter 4?
(a) On a Navy ship.
(b) By plane.
(c) On a Zepplin.
(d) By steamer.
11. What did Louis Zamperini and his crew name their plane?
(b) Super Man.
(c) Green Hornet.
(d) Iron Man.
12. What camp were Phil and Louis transferred to in Chapter 19?
13. What wounds did Phil have after the crash?
(a) Two gashes on his forehead.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) Gashes on his legs.
14. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
15. Where were the 1940's Olympics supposed to take place?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team did Louis Zamperini join?
2. What happened to Louis Zamperini when he got close to the head of the qualifying race?
3. In what year did Germany and Japan start invading other countries according to Chapter 5?
4. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
5. Where were the 1936 Olympics held according to Chapter 3?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)