|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
(a) Questions about his life in the America.
(b) Questions about bombers.
(c) Questions about his running career.
(d) Questions about U.S. plans.
2. Russell Phillips was from __________..
(c) South Carolina.
3. When were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to active duty according to Chapter 7?
(a) Thanksgiving, 1942.
(b) Christmas, 1942.
(c) New Year, 1942.
(d) Easter, 1942.
4. What wounds did Phil have after the crash?
(a) Gashes on his legs.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) Two gashes on his forehead.
(d) A broken arm.
5. How did prisoners in Louis camp communicate with each other?
(a) Using eye signals.
(b) Using bird songs.
(c) By hand signal and morse code.
(d) By written notes.
6. Where were Phil and Louis transferred to?
7. What did the principal of Louis Zamperini 's school forbid him to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Attend Math 201.
(b) Join clubs or sports teams.
(d) Go to the prom.
8. What position did Jimmie Sasaki have in the POW camp Louis was at?
(a) Head medic.
(b) Head translator.
(c) Head guard.
(d) Head interrogator.
9. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
(a) Bikini Island.
10. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
(a) The discipline of the Navy ship.
(b) The speed of the plane.
(c) The size of the Zepplin.
(d) The luxury of the boat and the food.
11. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
(a) Getting back on the raft.
(b) Firing the flare.
(c) Getting away from the sharks.
(d) Bandaging their wounds.
12. What hallucination did Louis have on the raft according to Chapter 16?
(a) He tasted chocolate.
(b) He heard singing.
(c) He could see land.
(d) He saw mermaids.
13. What was Louis Zamperini's place in the qualifying race in Germany?
14. When did the men in the raft see another plane according to Chapter 15?
(a) After 17 days.
(b) After 27 days.
(c) After 62 days.
(d) After 37 days.
15. What did Louis Zamperini think when the plane was about to crash?
(a) "I need to find the life raft."
(b) "I hate planes."
(c) "Nobody's going to live through this."
(d) "If I survive, I will dedicate my life to God."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis use to make bait to catch a fish in Chapter 14?
2. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
3. What did Louis Zamperini's brother tell the principal that Louis needed?
4. How did Phil get out of the plane?
5. What did Louis Zamperini and the rest of the trainees share?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)