* In Chapter 1, Louis Zamperini lived in California at the age of 12 with his family of Italian immigrants.
* Louis did not speak English well and was bullied.
* In Chapter 2, Louis became a troublemaker after his father taught him how to box for protection.
* Louis started to steal on a consistent basis and the police were often at the Zamperini house.
* The principal forbid Louis to join clubs or sports teams.
* Pete, Louis' brother, convinced the principal to let him join the track team and started training him.
* Louis settled down and start winning races.
* In Chapter 3, Louis set his sights on the 1936 Olympics in Berlin.
* Louis aimed for one of three spots for the 5,000 meter race.
* After a close second with the top runner in a meet in California, Louis was invited to the Olympic trials in New York.
* The heat was so bad in...
This section contains 1,995 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)