|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis Sears ask Peterson to do for him?
(a) Find a staff who is competent and efficient
(b) Send a color television for the embassy
(c) Pay for a swimming pool at the embassy
(d) Recruit a staff for Sarkhan that will make Sears look good.
2. Why don't they jump?
(a) The parachutes are missing
(b) The battle has already been lost
(c) MacWhite tells them they cannot go
(d) They are afraid of the upcoming battle
3. When Hillandale leaves the northern province, what percentage of them vote for Magsaysay?
4. Who is the first person Father Finian looks for after he has learned the language and learned to eat the food?
(a) People to invite for dinner
(b) A good doctor in the area
(c) A Burmese Catholic he can trust
(d) A communist who wants to defect
5. What happens to Colvin in this chapter?
(a) He and Deong get into a fight and the women beat up Colvin
(b) Colvin marries Deong's sister
(c) Colvin makes his first million
(d) Colvin decides to return to the USA
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucky, Lucky Lou #1?
2. What was their answer?
3. What famous general did Krupitzyn work with in China?
4. How many native communists does Sears claim to have met?
5. How does Marie MacIntosh travel to her new destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think the American editor felt after the meeting with Sears?
2. Why do you think the northern province decided to turn against the communists and vote for an American-leaning Presidential candidate?
3. Do you think Anderson purposely sabotaged the conference?
4. Why is Marie MacIntosh perfect for recruitment?
5. Why is the next battle effective?
6. Why do the men's superiors dislike the new ways so much?
7. What is the iron of war, and how does it play a part in this chapter?
8. Why is Louis Sears called Lucky Lou by his associates?
9. What is the difference between Upton's speech and the one given by Joe Bing?
10. What could Sears have done to handle this crisis in a better way?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)