|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was their answer?
(a) To have a country where any man may worship and live as he wishes
(b) To have a country where Americans are banned from entering
(c) Down the road, third tree on the left
(d) We are all communists
2. What do Wolcheck, Monet and MacWhite decide to do?
(a) Study communist battle tactics
(b) Learn Spanish
(c) Party every night with Marie MacIntosh
(d) Study the architecture and art of Hanoi
3. When Hillandale leaves the northern province, what percentage of them vote for Magsaysay?
4. How many native communists does Sears claim to have met?
5. Why does MacWhite join up with Wolchek and Monet?
(a) To get away from his wife in Sarkhan
(b) He is bored with his duties as being ambassador
(c) Because Louis Sears recommended it
(d) To learn why the communists are winning all over Asia
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the rumor that upset the Sarkhanese people?
2. How old is Marie MacIntosh?
3. What does Sears think could increase morale at the embassy in Sarkhan?
4. What question does Father Finian ask that surprises the Burmese men?
5. What does Louis Sears ask Peterson to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In your opinion, were the Nine Friends effective in their mission?
2. Why is Marie MacIntosh perfect for recruitment?
3. Who is the "everybody" that loves Joe Bing?
4. What were some of the factors that convinced the Sarkhanese that the rice did indeed come from the Soviet Union and not America?
5. Why is Homer Atkins' way so different from the way of the American and native governments?
6. What impact do you believe Donald and Roger have had on America's standing in Southeast Asia?
7. What is ironic about Senator Brown meeting Wolchek and Monet in Hanoi?
8. Why did Finian put U Tien through the tests?
9. What does Father Finian do to prepare himself for his assignment in Burma, and once he has arrived?
10. Why was George Swift's actions so damaging?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)