|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story is Ruth Jyoti most famous for?
(a) The Chinese discovery of the moon
(b) The Lindbergh kidnapping
(c) The success of Father Finian in Burma
(d) The Hindenberg disaster
2. Why is Ruth Jyoti disappointed with the American newspapers?
(a) There are no reports concerning the Asian nation conferences
(b) There are too few comics
(c) There are not enough ads for dresses
(d) They are all written in English
3. Who is Ruth Jyoti?
(a) Ambassador of China
(b) Editor and Publisher of a prominent and independent Southeast Asian newspaper
(c) A talk show host on Hanoi television
(d) Editor of an American newspaper in Sacramento
4. What happened when Father Finian incorporates the Burmese food into his diet?
(a) He becomes allergic to bananas
(b) He fires his cook
(c) He gains 75 pounds and must start a diet
(d) He suffers from dysentary and loses 40 pounds
5. How does Deong plan to cause Colvin to fail?
(a) By stealing his mail
(b) By making Colvin put ipecac into the powdered milk, making the Sarkhanese sick
(c) By cutting prices in his business
(d) By killing Colvin
Short Answer Questions
1. During what season did the incident of the Royal Sarkhanese Air Base happen?
2. Why is Ruth Hyoti disappointed with her treatment in Hawaii?
3. What does Joe Rivers think of Joe Bing?
4. What statement did the Ambassador give to the editors?
5. Why does MacWhite join up with Wolchek and Monet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sears want Joe Bing?
2. How did the Cambodians and the French buy Henry Knox?
3. Why does MacWhite ask this man, whose proposals have been summarily rejected by the Vietnamese officials, to move to Sarkhan?
4. Do you think Anderson purposely sabotaged the conference?
5. What is ironic about Senator Brown meeting Wolchek and Monet in Hanoi?
6. Why does Krupitzn like Sears so much?
7. What was the purpose of the newspaper they began?
8. Marie mentions very little about the actual country and its people when she writes to her friends. What does this signify?
9. Why was it a mistake for MacWhite not to pursue the recommendations he received regarding poultry farming in Sarkhan?
10. In what way is Ambassador Gray's plans diminishing the plans of Senator Brown?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)