|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "The Ugly American and the Ugly Sarkhanese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Father Finian incorporates the Burmese food into his diet?
(a) He gains 75 pounds and must start a diet
(b) He suffers from dysentary and loses 40 pounds
(c) He becomes allergic to bananas
(d) He fires his cook
2. What is Sears' complaint about Father Finian?
(a) His clothes are out of style
(b) Father Finian does not speak English
(c) Father Finian is too old
(d) The local papers are upset with his behavior
3. What question does Father Finian ask that surprises the Burmese men?
(a) "What is the cure for dysentary?"
(b) "What is it that we want to do?"
(c) "Where is the men's room?"
(d) "Which of you is a communist?"
4. What does the Phillipine Ambassador ask Hillandale to do at the dinner?
(a) To make the welcoming speech
(b) To act as an interpreter
(c) To perform as a palmist and astrologer
(d) To serve the dessert
5. What evidence does Sears present that he is doing a good job in Sarkhan?
(a) Letter of recommendation from Father Finian
(b) Taped recording of an interview with scared communists
(c) Testimonials from many natives of his good works
(d) An article from the Eastern Star
Short Answer Questions
1. What first caused Father Finian to realize the dangers of communism?
2. What does MacWhite ask Atkins to do?
3. Why does she have breakfast, lunch and dinner at the government cafeteria every day?
4. Who is Li Ping?
5. How does Deong plan to cause Colvin to fail?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)