|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "The Ugly American and the Ugly Sarkhanese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reaction of Wolcheck and Monet's superiors to the details of the battle?
(a) They were given bonuses in their next paychecks
(b) They were shocked and decided to reprimand them for going against everything the men had been taught in the military
(c) They promised to take the suggestions under advisement
(d) They appluded the men and promoted them
2. What is a Sarkhanese?
(a) Someone who eats sark
(b) A citizen of Burma
(c) A citizen of planet Saturn
(d) A citizen of Sarkhan
3. What does Atkins recommend instead of dams and roads?
(a) Interstate highways and rest stops
(b) A munitions plant and a dress factory
(c) A brick factory and a canning plant
(d) A chicken farm and a water pump factory
4. Who was one of the main people Ambassador Krupitzyn went to see when he arrived in Sarkhan?
(a) Chief Abbott of the Buddhist Monastery
(b) Senator Brown
(c) Homer Atkins
(d) Joe Bing
5. What does Joe Rivers think of Joe Bing?
(a) He is fat and stupid
(b) He is charming, knows everyone and a great success in Asia
(c) He is not equipped to be a janitor in an embassy
(d) He is a womanizer
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Father Finian ask that surprises the Burmese men?
2. What does Louis Sears ask Peterson to do for him?
3. Who is the Ragtime Kid?
4. Why is the number 30 listed next the the name of Sarkhan by the Soviets?
5. What is Knox told when he proposes to bring in more roosters and chickens to Cambodia?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)