|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "The Ugly American and the Ugly Sarkhanese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose books do Wolcheck, Monet and MacWhite study?
(a) Chiang Kai-Shek
(b) Mao Tse-tung
(c) Robert Ludlum
(d) James Michener
2. Who is Roger and Donald
(a) Sakhanese servants in the embassy
(b) Famous comedians who come for the USO show
(c) Two American intelligence officers in Vietnam
(d) Two of Father Finian's nine friends
3. What is the one word description of Marie MacIntosh used by the author?
4. Ruth Jyoti says in her country, good deeds are publicized by what?
(a) The bamboo telegraph
(b) Printed newspapers
(c) Oprah Winfrey Show
(d) The radio
5. Why does Kruptizyn like Ambassador Sears?
(a) Sears is a distant cousin
(b) Sears is a very likable man
(c) Because Sears' ineptness makes Krupitzyn's job easier
(d) They both enjoy a good chess game
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marie assigned when she is accepted into the foreign service?
2. What example of "tinsel" does U Maung Swe offer?
3. Why is the number 30 listed next the the name of Sarkhan by the Soviets?
4. What disturbs Knox about the Conference he is attending?
5. Why is Ruth Jyoti disappointed with the American newspapers?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)