|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(b) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(c) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(d) When the play stops between acts.
2. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That he will pay him handsomely.
(b) That he will become a duke.
(c) That he will give him a night with Ma.
(d) That the entire country will be better off.
3. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) His wife told him to behave this way.
(b) He has a secret to share with the captain.
(c) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
(d) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
4. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
(b) Tombstone phrase.
5. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
(a) He throws the brush at the guests.
(b) He puts it in Ma's hair.
(c) He uses it to pick his teeth.
(d) He rubs it on their food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
2. What do the guests complain about?
3. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
4. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
5. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)