Act 1, Scene 1
1. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(c) Well-bred and arrogant.
2. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Lack of ambition.
(b) Lack of money.
(c) Refusal to talk to her.
(d) Crude language.
3. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
(b) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(c) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(d) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
4. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
(a) Run for president of England.
(b) Get a new job in Poland.
(c) Murder King Wenceslas.
(d) Make a plan and stick to it.
5. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
(a) He will become king.
(b) He will finally do something great.
(c) He will prove his love for her.
(d) He will buy her a new house.
6. What does Ma think will happen to her?
(a) She will have money.
(b) She will have to take charge of the situation.
(c) She will be queen.
(d) She will be able to kill him.
This section contains 4,941 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)