1. In the First Treatise, what does Locke believe that the book Patriacha actually promotes?
That all men are free.
2. What belief, according to Locke, prevents the right to natural freedom?
Divine right to rule.
3. What does Filmer believe about the relationship between men and parents?
That men are subjugated to the will of their parents.
4. Who does Filmer think is an ideal monarch?
An absolute ruler.
5. What does Filmer call the relationship between a man and his parents?
Royal or fatherly authority.
6. What two powers are considered identical by Filmer?
The power of the fathers and the power of kings.
This section contains 5,100 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)