|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11- 15, pp. 182 - 204.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke believe that the First Treatise proves?
(a) That Adam did not have authority over his children.
(b) That Adam had authority over his children.
(c) That Adam's authority stemmed from God.
(d) That Adam's authority came from being a father.
2. To whom does Locke think a child owes the most?
3. What does Sir Robert conclude about the use of the term "children of men"?
(a) That the children of men would be oppressed.
(b) That the children of men were born to serve.
(c) That the children of men had power over Adam.
(d) That it did not pertain to Adam who had no father.
4. For whom does the legislature make laws?
(a) The children.
(b) The property owners.
(c) The public good.
(d) The servants.
5. What distinction does Locke make regarding gender and power?
(a) Locke says power lies in the hands of the mother.
(b) Locke says that both Adam and Eve have equal power.
(c) Locke says gender inequalities prevent power equality.
(d) Locke says Adam has control over his wife Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship of power does Locke think is hard to understand?
2. What does Locke believe contradicts civil society?
3. What rights does Locke believe that Adam's heir possesses in relation to these creatures?
4. According to Filmer, who is considered the father of subjects in a monarchy?
5. Which kings does Locke discuss?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)