|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11- 15, pp. 182 - 204.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does Locke discuss the occurrence of cannibalism?
2. What is the only thing that Locke can find in the scriptures pertaining to power and God?
(a) The commandment "honor thy father."
(b) Right to slavery and ownership of property.
(c) The commandment "love thy neighbor."
(d) Divine right of kings.
3. Locke determines that children fail to experience __________ in their early years.
4. What joint power does Locke say is represented by the community?
(a) The power to live wherever you want and to own property.
(b) The power to create and break rules.
(c) The power of all the members in that society.
(d) The power to be free and to self-govern.
5. What is the relationship between surviving children when a father dies, according to Filmer?
(a) The oldest daughter takes charge.
(b) The children divide the family estate.
(c) The eldest son has dominion over other brothers.
(d) They fight till the death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why it is important to figure out the right of inheritance?
2. Who buys his brother's birthright?
3. What was Cain told about his power?
4. How could the premise of divine rights be destroyed?
5. What is the one supreme power over the commonwealth?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)