|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pp. 73-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Locke, to whom did God give the power of dominion?
(b) Adam and Eve.
(d) Slave owners.
2. Whose absolute authority does Locke question?
3. According to Filmer in the First Treatise what does the bible prove?
(a) The right to bear arms.
(b) The right to assemble.
(c) The right to assemble.
(d) The grant of government.
4. What two titles push the theory of sovereignty, according to Locke?
(a) Titles of slave and property ownership.
(b) Titles of sisterhood and property.
(c) Titles of fatherhood and property.
(d) Titles of judiciary and executive control.
5. What was dominion measured in during this time?
(c) Size of kingdom.
(d) The amount of goods that the first-born would inherit.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Locke believe the duty of honor and obedience is due?
2. What is the relationship between surviving children when a father dies, according to Filmer?
3. What issues arise with Noah?
4. Which book in the bible discusses the creation of animals?
5. How does Filmer define the relationship between man and other creatures?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)