|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pp. 73-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What order did the first man in the world receive from God?
(a) To create a house.
(b) To buy property.
(c) To create a house.
(d) To multiply and populate the world.
2. Why it is important to figure out the right of inheritance?
(a) It repudiates primogeniture.
(b) It creates order.
(c) It determines the transfer of power.
(d) It explains the need for individual liberty.
3. From whom do monarchs derive power?
(a) Their subjects.
(b) Their children.
(c) Adam and his power of fatherhood.
(d) Their property.
4. What distinction does Locke make regarding gender and power?
(a) Locke says that both Adam and Eve have equal power.
(b) Locke says gender inequalities prevent power equality.
(c) Locke says power lies in the hands of the mother.
(d) Locke says Adam has control over his wife Eve.
5. What does paternal authority imply?
(a) That men live for a long time.
(b) That there can only be one king in the world.
(c) That the authority of kings will be challenged.
(d) That monarchs will not survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does Locke discuss the occurrence of cannibalism?
2. Who are the inheritors?
3. What belief, according to Locke, prevents the right to natural freedom?
4. What does Filmer's logic imply about succeeding monarchs?
5. To whom does Locke believe the duty of honor and obedience is due?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)