|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pp. 73-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rule of having only one king in the world depend upon?
(a) Lots of property.
(b) Obedient sons.
(c) A big kingdom.
(d) The acceptance of paternal authority.
2. What does the basis of government depend upon according to Locke?
(a) The need for order.
(b) The prevention of cruelty.
(c) The sanctity of marriage.
(d) The origin of property.
3. What does paternal authority imply?
(a) That there can only be one king in the world.
(b) That the authority of kings will be challenged.
(c) That monarchs will not survive.
(d) That men live for a long time.
4. Who has joint dominion over the children in Locke's opinion?
(a) The king and queen.
(b) King James and his wife.
(c) Father and mother.
(d) Slaves and slave owners.
5. What commandment applies to men and women according to Locke?
(a) Second Commandment.
(b) Third Commandment.
(c) Fifth Commandment.
(d) Sixth Commandment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys his brother's birthright?
2. What quality does Filmer determine that all rulers must possess?
3. What does Locke contest about Cain's rights?
4. What does Locke disagree with Filmer about concerning the rights of the first man in the world?
5. What right does Locke believe all men have?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)