|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pp. 73-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could the premise of divine rights be destroyed?
(a) If God does not exist.
(b) If paternal authority only came from Adam.
(c) If Noah divided the world among his sons.
(d) If power is not handed down from son to son.
2. According to Filmer in the First Treatise what does the bible prove?
(a) The right to assemble.
(b) The grant of government.
(c) The right to bear arms.
(d) The right to assemble.
3. What does Locke say cannot be inferred from the biblical commandments?
(a) Absolute obedience to the king.
(b) Right to own property.
(c) Right to own slaves.
(d) Free will.
4. What belief does Locke not challenge in the First Treatise?
(a) That tyranny is acceptable.
(b) That Adam was created by God.
(c) That slaves make war upon their government.
(d) That the thrones of princes come by divine right.
5. What does Filmer propose is the cause for men being denied freedom?
(a) Lack of property ownership.
(b) Short lifespans.
(d) Adam's creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What claim of Filmer's does Locke dispute?
2. What belief, according to Locke, prevents the right to natural freedom?
3. Who does Filmer attribute the power of fatherhood?
4. In the First Treatise, what does Locke believe that the book Patriacha actually promotes?
5. Who questions the details of rulership?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)