|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11- 15, pp. 182 - 204.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Genesis, when were men and other living creatures created?
(a) When Noak's Ark came ashore.
(b) On different days.
(c) On the same day.
(d) After the apple was eaten.
2. How does Filmer define the relationship between man and other creatures?
(a) Man is subservient to other creatures.
(b) Man and other creatures are equal.
(c) Man has the right to use creatures.
(d) Man fights with other creatures.
3. What does Locke argue should be expected of the ruler?
(a) To be kind and understanding.
(b) To rule only for four years.
(c) To follow the laws and not make arbitrary decisions.
(d) To be compassionate.
4. What does Filmer believe about the relationship between men and parents?
(a) That is the source of all conflict in society.
(b) That men are subjugated to the will of their parents.
(c) That it is contentious.
(d) That it is irrelevant.
5. What right did man have with regard to other, according to Filmer?
(a) No rights.
(b) The right to consume them for food.
(c) The right to share land with them.
(d) To use them as necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the authority to make laws come from?
2. What kind of government does Exodus imply according to Filmer?
3. What was the rule of inheritance among families in a commonwealth?
4. What does Filmer call the relationship between a man and his parents?
5. How does Locke define "parental power"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)