|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10, pp. 37-73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Locke's conclusion pertaining to the knowledge contained in the biblical scripture?
(a) That God said Eve was subservient to Adam's will.
(b) That it was not a grant from God to have power of all men.
(c) That God decreed that Adam be king.
(d) That slavery was acceptable.
2. What is the only thing that Locke can find in the scriptures pertaining to power and God?
(a) The commandment "love thy neighbor."
(b) Divine right of kings.
(c) The commandment "honor thy father."
(d) Right to slavery and ownership of property.
3. What relationship of power does Locke think is hard to understand?
(a) Kings and queens.
(b) Men and women.
(c) Fatherhood where children are the property of the father.
(d) Slaves and slave owners.
4. What does Filmer believe about the relationship between men and parents?
(a) That is the source of all conflict in society.
(b) That it is irrelevant.
(c) That men are subjugated to the will of their parents.
(d) That it is contentious.
5. What order did the first man in the world receive from God?
(a) To create a house.
(b) To multiply and populate the world.
(c) To create a house.
(d) To buy property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief, according to Locke, prevents the right to natural freedom?
2. According to Filmer in the First Treatise what does the bible prove?
3. What is the relationship between surviving children when a father dies, according to Filmer?
4. According to Locke, to whom did God give the power of dominion?
5. What quality does Filmer determine that all rulers must possess?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)