|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10, pp. 37-73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Locke believe the duty of honor and obedience is due?
(a) The natural father.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) The prince.
(d) The king.
2. In what country does Locke discuss the occurrence of cannibalism?
3. What is the only thing that Locke can find in the scriptures pertaining to power and God?
(a) The commandment "honor thy father."
(b) The commandment "love thy neighbor."
(c) Right to slavery and ownership of property.
(d) Divine right of kings.
4. What relationship of power does Locke think is hard to understand?
(a) Fatherhood where children are the property of the father.
(b) Kings and queens.
(c) Men and women.
(d) Slaves and slave owners.
5. Who does Filmer attribute the power of fatherhood?
(a) All kings.
(b) All men.
(d) King James.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Filmer in the First Treatise what does the bible prove?
2. What belief, according to Locke, prevents the right to natural freedom?
3. Which book in the bible discusses the creation of animals?
4. What quality does Filmer determine that all rulers must possess?
5. What kind of government does Exodus imply according to Filmer?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)