|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5, pp. 115-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke contest about Cain's rights?
(a) Locke does not believe that Cain has dominion over Abel because he is older.
(b) Locke contests that Cain is physically stronger than his brother.
(c) Locke feels that Cain's rights are impermanent.
(d) Locke believes that Cain's rights are limited because he is not as intelligent as his brother.
2. What should judges be held accountable for?
(a) Feelings of injured party.
(b) Putting away offenders.
(c) Finding methods of punishment.
3. What happens if the world has more than one king?
(a) The right to rule comes from something other than fatherhood.
(b) The right to rule comes from fatherhood.
(d) Conflict that results in anarchy.
4. Who does Filmer think is an ideal monarch?
(a) A despot.
(b) An absolute ruler.
(c) Eternally youthful.
5. What two titles push the theory of sovereignty, according to Locke?
(a) Titles of fatherhood and property.
(b) Titles of judiciary and executive control.
(c) Titles of slave and property ownership.
(d) Titles of sisterhood and property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What penalties can laws sometimes include?
2. On what does Filmer base most of his theories for monarchy?
3. What happens upon the death of Adam according to Filmer?
4. What does Locke argue about the inheritance of power and the right to rule?
5. What is the basis of sovereignty of monarchs in the First Treatise?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)