|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandma say she has to hurry up and finish dinner?
2. How does Ranger describe the relationship between Scrog and his parents as far as he understands it?
3. How does it appear that Scrog got out of the funeral home unnoticed?
4. Who does Stephanie say she is in order to get in to see Ranger's man who was shot?
5. What does Stephanie say they need to try doing to Caroline?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vinnie have to say when he returns to the office in Chapter 17?
2. What happens when Scrog approaches Stephanie at the funeral parlor?
3. What does Morelli say to Stephanie and Ranger when he sees them in the park in Chapter 12?
4. What is Stephanie thinking about as he and Morelli walk around the block at her parents house walking Bob in Chapter 19?
5. What does Scrog tell Stephanie she needs to do if she wants to work with him?
6. What happens in the end of Chapter 21 when Scrog tells Stephanie to put her head between her legs so she can't see where they are going?
7. What does Ranger say about Meri after he sees her with Stephanie?
8. Describe the scene in chapter twenty-one when Scrog brings Stephanie and Julie breakfast?
9. What do Lula and Tank discuss at the end of Chapter 13?
10. What happens in Chapter 19 after dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephanie says at the end of the book that she is thinking of switching careers.
Is there any indication that Stephanie will change careers or that she is just thinking about it? What careers would she be cut out for?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two of the parts below to write a half page about.
What role does the band, What, play-
Part 1) for Lula?
Part 2) for Sally?
Part 3) for Grandma?
Part 4) for Stephanie?
Essay Topic 3
How important is it for a book to seem realistic?
Part 1) In what ways was the story realistic? In what ways was it not?
Part 2) What could the author have done differently to make it seem more realistic?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)