|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie Caroline had been arrested for?
2. Why does Ranger tell Stephanie she can do in order to help him?
3. What does Scrog do to get food for Stephanie and Julie?
4. What does Stephanie see on her counter that makes her yell at Ranger that she doesn't want it?
5. What does Lula says she will teach Stephanie's grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie's mother tell her in chapter thirteen about Carmen's viewing?
2. What does Morelli say to Stephanie and Ranger when he sees them in the park in Chapter 12?
3. What does Scrog tell Stephanie she needs to do if she wants to work with him?
4. In Chapter 14 what does Manuel tell Stephanie happened when he got shot?
5. What has Ranger found out in the beginning of chapter eleven in regards to Edward Scrog's background, childhood and family?
6. Describe what happens when Stephanie gets to the funeral parlor in Chapter 12.
7. What does Scrog have Stephanie do to loose the people that are following her?
8. What do they find in Chapter 22 when Stephanie and Morelli go out to where the motor home is located where Julie had been kept?
9. What does Stephanie decide to do while her and Lula are heading to pick up a fugitive?
10. What happens when Stephanie and Lula go to arrest Caroline for a third time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Stephanie's work ethic. Why is it she is willing to walk away from skips if the situation seems to dangerous or hard? What does this tell the reader?
Essay Topic 2
How important is it for a book to seem realistic?
Part 1) In what ways was the story realistic? In what ways was it not?
Part 2) What could the author have done differently to make it seem more realistic?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference in the way Melvin Pickle is looked at from the beginning of the story compared to the end? Is it that he actually changed or that he was just seen in a different way by the characters in the book? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)