|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lula compare things to?
2. What does Morelli tell Stephanie he has for her if she will come over?
3. What damage is Carmen able to do to Stephanie's car?
4. Where does Ranger tell Stephanie he is going for a few day?
5. What does Melvin do when Stephanie introduces herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Melvin do when Stephanie introduces herself in Chapter 1?
2. What does Stephanie find in Chapter 6 when she walks out to check on Carmen's car?
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 1 when Stephanie goes to the bakery.
4. Describe the scene in chapter six when Stephanie is thinking about Morelli and the reason she hasn't committed to him.
5. In Chapter 8 what does Ranger tell Stephanie about the guy that has been using his name?
6. Describe the scene in Chapter 1 where Stephanie and Melvin are on the roof.
7. What happens when Stephanie and Lula go into Treasure Pleasures?
8. Describe the interviews that take place in Chapter 5.
9. How does Stephanie describe Joyce in Chapter 3 when Joyce is introduced?
10. In Chapter 8 what do Carmen's friends tell Stephanie about Carmen's husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Morelli knew Stephanie was with Ranger and yet Morelli did not go and arrest him. Why was Morelli willing to overlook this fact? What does this say about Morelli as a person as compared to Morelli as a cop?
Essay Topic 2
There are many instances of comic relief in the story.
Part 1) What characters seem to be pure comic relief?
Part 2) How would the story tone and mood have changed without these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Scrog's character.
Part 1) Is it possible that Scrog would have let Julie go if he had managed to kill Ranger?
Part 2) Why was killing Carmen necessary to his plan?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)