|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stephanie say she didn't bring a gun?
2. When Stephanie awakes to find Ranger in her apartment, why does he say he is there?
3. What does Stephanie find when she goes to check on Carmen's car?
4. Why does Stephanie's grandmother say she hopes that it was Ranger that took the little girl?
5. What does Stephanie tell Lula she had for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Melvin have in the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What does Ranger tell Stephanie in Chapter 8 about his daughter and their relationship?
3. What happens when Stephanie and Lula go to pick up Mary Lee?
4. Explain the fight that happens between Joyce and Lula in Chapter 10.
5. What does Ranger tell Stephanie when he is at her apartment in Chapter 7?
6. Describe the scene in Chapter 1 where Stephanie and Melvin are on the roof.
7. How does Stephanie describe Joyce in Chapter 3 when Joyce is introduced?
8. What does Melvin do when Stephanie introduces herself in Chapter 1?
9. Explain what happens in chapter five when Stephanie and Lula arrested James.
10. Describe the scene in Chapter 3 when Joyce comes in demanding a job.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Morelli to Ranger.
Part 1) Given what is known about Morelli why did he wait to move in with Stephanie when he knew she was in trouble?
Part 2) Does it seem that Ranger was or was not respecting Stephanie? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The main character in the story, Stephanie Plum, is obviously flawed in many respects.
Part 1) Why did the author choose to make her flawed?
Part 2) Do her flaws make her more enjoyable to read about or less? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference in the way Melvin Pickle is looked at from the beginning of the story compared to the end? Is it that he actually changed or that he was just seen in a different way by the characters in the book? Explain your answer.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)