|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stephanie's grandmother say she hopes that it was Ranger that took the little girl?
2. What does Stephanie have a route home that is designed to do?
3. What does Stephanie find Ranger has done when she comes home from work to change clothes?
4. What does Stephanie realize about Carmen while looking through Edward's scrapbook?
5. What does Stephanie tell Lula she had for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened with Mary Lee Truk as it is described by Stephanie's grandmother in Chapter 2.
2. What does Stephanie find in Chapter 6 when she walks out to check on Carmen's car?
3. Explain what happens in chapter five when Stephanie and Lula arrested James.
4. What is found in Edward Scrog's scrapbook?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter 1 where Stephanie and Melvin are on the roof.
6. What does Stephanie decide to do about Carmen in the end of Chapter 2?
7. How does Stephanie describe Joyce in Chapter 3 when Joyce is introduced?
8. Describe the interviews that take place in Chapter 5.
9. Describe the scene in Chapter 3 when Joyce comes in demanding a job.
10. In chapter three what does Stephanie and Lula find when they go to Lonnie Johnson's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Morelli knew Stephanie was with Ranger and yet Morelli did not go and arrest him. Why was Morelli willing to overlook this fact? What does this say about Morelli as a person as compared to Morelli as a cop?
Essay Topic 2
The main character in the story, Stephanie Plum, is obviously flawed in many respects.
Part 1) Why did the author choose to make her flawed?
Part 2) Do her flaws make her more enjoyable to read about or less? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Pick two of the parts below to write a half page about.
What role does the band, What, play-
Part 1) for Lula?
Part 2) for Sally?
Part 3) for Grandma?
Part 4) for Stephanie?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)