|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephanie offer Melvin if he will come with her?
(a) A place to live
(b) A job
(c) Fifty bucks
(d) A date
2. What does Melvin Pickle say when Joyce asks why he got a job?
(a) He just got bonded out
(b) He is friends with Stephanie
(c) He knows Vinnie
(d) He is a pervert
3. What does Caroline pull out from behind the counter when Stephanie introduces herself?
(a) A stun gun
(b) A shot gun
(c) A knife
(d) Pepper spray
4. What does Stephanie find when she wakes up in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Breakfast has been made
(b) Her alarm clock broke
(c) Ranger in her bed
(d) Ranger is already gone
5. What does Stephanie say about her answering machine?
(a) It is never turned on
(b) It is broken
(c) It is always full
(d) It's always telemarketers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie do when Joyce comes into the office to complain?
2. What does Martin Dorn have on when he arrives for his interview?
3. How is Stephanie connected to the owner of the bounty office she works for?
4. Why does Anton, another applicant, say that he obviously get a call back for an interview?
5. What does Ranger say he got arrested for when he was fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ranger tell Stephanie in Chapter 8 about his daughter and their relationship?
2. What does Stephanie's grandmother call to tell her in the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What happens when Joyce comes into the office in Chapter 10?
4. What does Stephanie find when she goes to Ranger's office?
5. Explain the fight that happens between Joyce and Lula in Chapter 10.
6. What happens when Stephanie and Lula go to pick up Mary Lee?
7. What does Ranger tell Stephanie when he is at her apartment in Chapter 7?
8. In Chapter 8 what does Ranger tell Stephanie about the guy that has been using his name?
9. Describe the scene in Chapter 1 where Stephanie and Melvin are on the roof.
10. In chapter three what does Stephanie and Lula find when they go to Lonnie Johnson's house?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)