|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Martin when Karen visited England?
(c) At home.
2. For what does Karen ask her father on page 195?
(a) A prop gun.
(b) Money for rent.
(c) A scenic backdrop.
(d) Advice on love.
3. What is the name of the newspaper from which David shows Karen a clipping on page 156?
(a) The Bourne Courier-Telegraph.
(b) The Guardian.
(c) The Independent.
(d) The Daily Telegraph.
4. What is the name of the main character in Martin's play?
5. According to Karen on page 154, what about David has decreased over time?
(a) His attractiveness.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His charisma.
(d) His talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karen describe her interest in David on page 175?
2. According to Karen on page 181, how did her mother treat Karen's memory when Karen was a child?
3. Where does Karen shoot Martin at the end of the second section of the novel?
4. How did Sarah's mother feel about Sarah's plan to visit Liam?
5. Who was the first person Karen saw upon returning to CAPA as a senior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal issue has Karen discussed in therapy, as revealed on page 181? What does she reveal to the reader about this aspect of her personality?
2. What does Karen ask Sarah to do following their meeting after Sarah's book signing? How does Sarah respond?
3. What information does Sarah reveal on the night of the final play rehearsal? What is the effect of this news on David? What is the effect of this news on Karen?
4. Who sends Karen flowers on the opening night of Martin's play? What effect does this gift have on her?
5. How does Karen's father help Karen prepare for Martin's play? What items does Karen get?
6. How does Karen act around Martin, as revealed on page 197? How might her comments indicate her true feelings?
7. How has David changed, both physically and emotionally, following his graduation from high school, as Karen explains on page 154?
8. As the second section of the novel begins, what does Karen reveal about the first section of the novel?
9. What happens when Sarah recognizes Karen after the book signing? What thoughts does Karen have that hint at her true character?
10. What career path did David follow after graduating from high school, as revealed on page 149? What failures did he experience, and what successes?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)