|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Sarah give Manuel's shirts on the final night of the musical?
(a) Manuel's father.
(b) Manuel's grandmother.
(c) Manuel's mother.
(d) Manuel's sister.
2. When David returns from summer vacation, what excuse does he give his mother in order to visit Sarah?
(a) He says he is going to study.
(b) He says he is going to the mall.
(c) He says he is going to play racquetball.
(d) He says he is going swimming.
3. What is the name of the CAPA principal?
(a) Mrs. Laytner.
(b) Mrs. Lockner.
(c) Mrs. Lautner.
(d) Mrs. Longer.
4. The English visitors are touring with an adaptation of what play?
(b) The Misanthrope.
(c) Le Cid.
5. What Latin term does the narrator use to describe David and Sarah's status with Mr. Kingsley following their failures in class?
(a) Alea iacta est.
(b) Sic semper tyrannis.
(c) Persona non grata.
(d) Acta non verba.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah feel for Liam on page 119?
2. According to the narrator on page 13, what is it about Sarah that particularly attracts David?
3. According to the narrator on page 113, how has Mr. Kingsley's attic changed?
4. According to the narrator on page 17, what is love to Sarah?
5. What function does Sarah perform for the fall musical?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the illicit party held at Mr. Kingsley's house end? What happens to Sarah as a result?
2. What act of revenge does Sarah take after the final performance of the musical? What effects does this act have?
3. Who is Manuel? What happens to him during auditions for the fall musical?
4. What does Sarah learn about Martin while going shopping for the party? How does she react to this information?
5. Who is Elli? What does she do for Sarah and the end of the first section of the novel?
6. Who is Mr. Kingsley? What is the reader told about him at the beginning of the novel? What indicates he might not be trustworthy?
7. How has Sarah's relationship with Mr. Kingsley changed, as explained on page 67? What caused this change to occur?
8. Who greets Sarah as she sits alone in the parking lot following the Candide performance? Where do they go and what do they do?
9. How do the students feel about Mr. Kingsley, as explained on page 13?
10. What happens when Sarah arrives at Mr. Kingsley's house at the end of the first section of the novel?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)