|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section One, Pages 87-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the senior who takes a special interest in David?
(a) Eliza O'Leary.
(b) Elsie O'Leary.
(c) Erin O'Leary.
(d) Ellen O'Leary.
2. Whom does Sarah discover in Mr. Kingsley's attic on page 75?
3. According to the narrator on page 90, how do the English teens compare to the CAPA teens?
(a) The English teens look American but act British.
(b) The English teens look British but act American.
(c) The English teens look younger but act older.
(d) The English teens look older but act younger.
4. According to the narrator on page 3, David gained admission to CAPA after performing a monologue from what work?
(a) A Doll's House.
(b) Death of a Salesman.
(c) Old Times.
(d) The Little Foxes.
5. What is the name of the teacher traveling with the English students?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Kingsley address Sarah on page 57?
2. In acting class, what exercise are David and Sarah forced to endlessly perform, according to the narrator on page 85?
3. According to the narrator on page 97, what fails to relieve Sarah's pain?
4. What does Elli do to Sarah at the end of the first section of the novel?
5. When David returns from summer vacation, what excuse does he give his mother in order to visit Sarah?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)