|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career is Margaret Truman pursuing?
(b) Computer Science
(c) Lab Technician
2. How old was Truman when his second term as president began?
3. In what country was Potsdam located?
4. Which of Truman's family members accompanied him on the campaign trail?
(a) His mother and father
(b) His brother and his brother's wife and sons
(c) His sister and mother
(d) Bess and Margaret
5. What family member does Truman lose in July of 1947?
(a) His wife
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) His daughter
6. What was a Dixiecrat?
(a) A politician who endorsed the NAACP
(b) Members of the southern Democratic party who withdrew from the Truman's Democratic Party because of his stand on Civil Rights.
(c) A type of paper cup
(d) A politician who whistles Dixie
7. Which country was able to assemble an atomic bomb after the USA?
(c) Soviet Union
8. Of all the labor strikes after the war, which is the one that brings Truman to the strongest action?
(a) The Actors Guild Strike
(b) The Steel Strike
(c) The Postal Strike
(d) The Railroad Strike
9. Where was the American's atom bomb tested?
(a) Bikini Atoll
(c) New Mexico
(d) Washington DC
10. How old was Truman when he passed away?
11. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
(a) Strom Thurmond
(b) Jefferson Davis
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) Adlai Stevenson
12. Who of Truman's long time friends was most instrumental in advising him regarding the Palestine problem?
(a) George Marshall
(b) Eddie Jacobson
(c) Jim Pendergast
(d) Charlie Ross
13. What is one Presidential first that is mentioned in this chapter?
(a) First presidential address to be printed in the newspaper
(b) First presidential address to be broadcast on TV
(c) First Jewish president
(d) First president to ride in an automobile
14. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
(a) The Titanic
(b) Pullman Car #3457113
(c) The Ferdinand Magellan
(d) The George Washington
15. During Churchill's speech in Missouri, as a guest of Truman, what term does Churchill use to describe the Soviet Union presence that became a common term?
(a) Axis of Evil
(b) Berlin Wall
(c) Iron Curtain
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Trumans live in Independence?
2. How much monthly income did Truman have after leaving the office of president?
3. Who do Truman's supporters and staff encourage him to fire as a result of Fulbright's Senate committee report?
4. What is Adlai Stevenson's position when he runs for President?
5. What longtime cabinet member resigns due to a disagreement with Truman?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)