|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the President's normal work when he was on the campaign trail?
(a) It continued as before from Truman's desk on the train
(b) The vice president handled everything
(c) Bess took care of it
(d) His staff collected all the papers and held them until he arrived home
2. What career is Margaret Truman pursuing?
(a) Computer Science
(c) Lab Technician
3. Who in the government has the final say regarding military matters?
(a) Supreme Commander of the Forces
(b) The President
(c) Secretary of State
(d) The Vice President
4. How old was Truman when his second term as president began?
5. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
(c) Two million
6. What famous landmark did Churchill visit when in Berlin?
(a) Arc de Triumph
(b) St Paul's Cathedral
(c) Berlin HIlton
(d) Hitler's Bunker
7. What weapon is Truman encouraged to authorize to end the Korean Conflict?
(b) Heavy tanks
(c) Atom bomb
(d) Biological warfare
8. What two projects occupied Truman for the remainder of his life?
(a) His Presidential Library and his memoirs
(b) Climbing mountains and visiting friends
(c) Buidling a fence around the farm and his wardrobe
(d) Presidential Library and forming the NAACP
9. Who of Truman's long time friends was most instrumental in advising him regarding the Palestine problem?
(a) Jim Pendergast
(b) Eddie Jacobson
(c) Charlie Ross
(d) George Marshall
10. When the U.S. and South Korean Army pushes the North Korean/Chinese back to the 38th parallel, what decision is made about the next step?
(a) To evacuate all troops from Korea
(b) To hold the line there
(c) To proceed into China
(d) To proceed into North Korea.
11. Where do the Trumans live in Independence?
(a) Truman library
(b) Truman farm
(c) The family home of Bess Truman
(d) Wtih Margaret and her husband
12. What geographical designation separated South Korea from North Korea?
(a) 38th Parallel
(b) The Alps
(c) The Yang River
(d) The 41st parallel
13. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
(b) By three separate doors
(c) Through the main door
(d) Through the kitchen door
14. What happens to the White House during Truman's second term?
(a) It is attacked by the British
(b) It is completely renovated
(c) It burns down
(d) An airplane crashes into it
15. Who was Truman's Vice President before Barkley?
(a) Jimmy Byrnes
(b) Jim Pendergast
(c) No one
(d) Henry Wallace
Short Answer Questions
1. When dividing up Germany, what geographical descriptions did the Potsdam Conference use?
2. How old was Truman when he passed away?
3. Who did Truman choose to replace Marshall as his Secretary of State?
4. What was the Turnip Congress? .
5. Who is Truman's first choice for his replacement as President?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)