|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the White House during Truman's second term?
(a) An airplane crashes into it
(b) It burns down
(c) It is attacked by the British
(d) It is completely renovated
2. Why doesn't the military deploy more divisions in North Korea?
(a) Without depleting the European military presence, there are no more divisions.
(b) The Allies won't allow it
(c) Truman does not think it is necessary
(d) MacArthur refuses to allow it
3. What was the origination of the term "pinko?"
(a) It is a shortened version ofthe term pinkolator which was a brand of coffee maker
(b) Pinko was an affectionate name Harry gave Bess
(c) When a difference was pointed out between a red Communist and a lesser dedicated Communist, a pink one.
(d) Pinko referred to men who wore women's clothes
4. What happens to Margaret after her father finishes her Presidential terms?
(a) She dies in an automobile accident
(b) She marries and has four sons.
(c) She joins the Peace Corps
(d) She is kidnapped
5. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
(a) Charlie Ross
(b) Margaret Truman
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Henry Wallace
6. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
(c) Soviet Union
7. What was the Turnip Congress?
(a) A session of congress where only bills concerning turnips were discussed
(b) A special committee that turned up important information
(c) The special congressional session called by Truman during the time of Missouri's Turnip Day
(d) A session of congress where dissidents threw turnips at the congressmen
8. What weapon is Truman encouraged to authorize to end the Korean Conflict?
(a) Atom bomb
(b) Biological warfare
(c) Heavy tanks
9. What was a Dixiecrat?
(a) A type of paper cup
(b) Members of the southern Democratic party who withdrew from the Truman's Democratic Party because of his stand on Civil Rights.
(c) A politician who whistles Dixie
(d) A politician who endorsed the NAACP
10. What career is Margaret Truman pursuing?
(a) Computer Science
(c) Lab Technician
11. Of all the labor strikes after the war, which is the one that brings Truman to the strongest action?
(a) The Postal Strike
(b) The Railroad Strike
(c) The Steel Strike
(d) The Actors Guild Strike
12. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
(a) Barkley's habit of propping himself against a bar to deliver speeches
(b) It refers to the time in his campaign when his plane's propellor fell off
(c) A trip the VP candidate took by airplane that was similar to the railway tour the President was making.
(d) The propellor pin he wore on his suit lapel during the campaign
13. How many months had Truman been President before both Germany and Japan surrendered?
14. Who is Truman's first choice for his replacement as President?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower
(b) Henry Wallace
(c) Strom Thurmand
(d) Joe McCarthy
15. How old was Truman when his second term as president began?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two projects occupied Truman for the remainder of his life?
2. Where do the Trumans live in Independence?
3. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
4. How old was Truman when he passed away?
5. At the end of the war, how many service men and women were coming back to the American work force?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)