|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the American's atom bomb tested?
(a) Washington DC
(b) New Mexico
(c) Bikini Atoll
2. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
(a) Adlai Stevenson
(b) Strom Thurmond
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) Jefferson Davis
3. Who of Truman's long time friends was most instrumental in advising him regarding the Palestine problem?
(a) Jim Pendergast
(b) Eddie Jacobson
(c) George Marshall
(d) Charlie Ross
4. How much did the White House renovation cost?
(a) Nothing - all work was donated
(c) 5.8 million dollars
(d) 1 million dollars
5. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
(a) The George Washington
(b) Pullman Car #3457113
(c) The Titanic
(d) The Ferdinand Magellan
6. Who did Truman choose to replace Marshall as his Secretary of State?
(a) George Marshall's son
(b) Dean Acheson
(c) Charlie Ross
(d) Dean Rusk
7. What longtime cabinet member resigns due to a disagreement with Truman?
(a) Henry Wallace
(b) Robert E. Lee
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Harold Ickes
8. Who do Truman's supporters and staff encourage him to fire as a result of Fulbright's Senate committee report?
(a) George Marshall
(b) General MacArthur
(c) Bill Boyle, Democratic National Chairman
(d) George Patton
9. Who does Truman develop a long correspondence with after his retirement?
(a) His mother
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) Dean Acheson
(d) Dwight Eisenhower
10. Which country chose not to participate in the Marshall Plan and thereby caused several more countries in that bloc to pull out?
(d) Soviet Union
11. Of all the labor strikes after the war, which is the one that brings Truman to the strongest action?
(a) The Steel Strike
(b) The Railroad Strike
(c) The Postal Strike
(d) The Actors Guild Strike
12. What family member does Truman lose in July of 1947?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) His wife
(d) His daughter
13. In what country was Potsdam located?
14. Where does the only meeting in history of Truman and MacArthur take place?
(b) Wake Island
(c) New Mexico
(d) Washington DC
15. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
(b) By three separate doors
(c) Through the kitchen door
(d) Through the main door
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is Truman encouraged to authorize to end the Korean Conflict?
2. What happens to the White House during Truman's second term?
3. What condition of the White House was hidden from the Press until after the election?
4. What was the Turnip Congress? .
5. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)