|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one Presidential first that is mentioned in this chapter?
(a) First president to ride in an automobile
(b) First presidential address to be printed in the newspaper
(c) First Jewish president
(d) First presidential address to be broadcast on TV
2. What famous landmark did Churchill visit when in Berlin?
(a) Arc de Triumph
(b) Berlin HIlton
(c) Hitler's Bunker
(d) St Paul's Cathedral
3. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) By three separate doors
(b) Through the kitchen door
(c) Through the main door
(d) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
4. What was a Dixiecrat?
(a) A type of paper cup
(b) Members of the southern Democratic party who withdrew from the Truman's Democratic Party because of his stand on Civil Rights.
(c) A politician who endorsed the NAACP
(d) A politician who whistles Dixie
5. What two projects occupied Truman for the remainder of his life?
(a) Presidential Library and forming the NAACP
(b) Climbing mountains and visiting friends
(c) His Presidential Library and his memoirs
(d) Buidling a fence around the farm and his wardrobe
6. What new civilian agency is set up under Truman's presidency?
(a) Air Force
(b) Committee to Re-Elect the President
(c) Federal Bureau of Investigation
(d) Central Intelligence Agency
7. Which country was able to assemble an atomic bomb after the USA?
(c) Soviet Union
8. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
(a) George Marshall
(b) Jimmy Brynes
(c) Charlie Ross
(d) Henry Wallace
9. How did Truman's personal staff feel about him?
(a) They admired and respected him
(b) They disliked him intensely
(c) They thought he was boring
(d) They feared him
10. What geographical designation separated South Korea from North Korea?
(a) The 41st parallel
(b) The Yang River
(c) The Alps
(d) 38th Parallel
11. What major country turned Communist during Truman's second Presidency?
(a) South Africa
12. What happens to the White House during Truman's second term?
(a) An airplane crashes into it
(b) It is attacked by the British
(c) It is completely renovated
(d) It burns down
13. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
(d) Soviet Union
14. What was a whistle-stop?
(a) Term used to describe Truman's style of campaigning by stopping his Presidential train in every small town along the way so he could meet the American people.
(b) A method used to veto a bill
(c) A street corner
(d) The term used to call for a taxi while standing on the sidewalk
15. Why did Truman write an angry letter to the newspaper?
(a) A reporter had published a comment he thought was off record
(b) A reporter was stalking Margaret
(c) His Sunday paper did not arrive on time
(d) A columnist had given Margaret's concert a bad review
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry does Truman attempt to turn over to government control in April of 1952?
2. Why doesn't the military deploy more divisions in North Korea?
3. Who was Truman's Vice President before Barkley?
4. Where does the only meeting in history of Truman and MacArthur take place?
5. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)