|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
(a) Two million
2. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
(a) Charlie Ross
(b) Margaret Truman
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) Andrew Jackson
3. What new civilian agency is set up under Truman's presidency?
(a) Committee to Re-Elect the President
(b) Air Force
(c) Central Intelligence Agency
(d) Federal Bureau of Investigation
4. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
(a) Soviet Union
5. When the U.S. and South Korean Army pushes the North Korean/Chinese back to the 38th parallel, what decision is made about the next step?
(a) To hold the line there
(b) To evacuate all troops from Korea
(c) To proceed into North Korea.
(d) To proceed into China
6. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
(a) The Ferdinand Magellan
(b) Pullman Car #3457113
(c) The Titanic
(d) The George Washington
7. How much monthly income did Truman have after leaving the office of president?
(a) $112.56 per month
(b) $10,000 per month
8. Who was Truman's Vice President before Barkley?
(a) No one
(b) Jim Pendergast
(c) Jimmy Byrnes
(d) Henry Wallace
9. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) Through the main door
(b) By three separate doors
(c) Through the kitchen door
(d) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
10. What career is Margaret Truman pursuing?
(b) Lab Technician
(d) Computer Science
11. Where does the only meeting in history of Truman and MacArthur take place?
(b) New Mexico
(c) Washington DC
(d) Wake Island
12. When dividing up Germany, what geographical descriptions did the Potsdam Conference use?
(a) Magellan's original docments
(b) The Germany of 1937
(c) The conquered lands of Germany
(d) Hitler's plan for domination
13. Why did Truman write an angry letter to the newspaper?
(a) His Sunday paper did not arrive on time
(b) A reporter was stalking Margaret
(c) A columnist had given Margaret's concert a bad review
(d) A reporter had published a comment he thought was off record
14. What was the origination of the term "pinko?"
(a) When a difference was pointed out between a red Communist and a lesser dedicated Communist, a pink one.
(b) Pinko was an affectionate name Harry gave Bess
(c) It is a shortened version ofthe term pinkolator which was a brand of coffee maker
(d) Pinko referred to men who wore women's clothes
15. What family member does Truman lose in July of 1947?
(a) His wife
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one Presidential first that is mentioned in this chapter?
2. What happened to the President's normal work when he was on the campaign trail?
3. What major country turned Communist during Truman's second Presidency?
4. How old was Truman when he passed away?
5. How many months had Truman been President before both Germany and Japan surrendered?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)