|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
(a) Southern Georgia
(b) Western Missouri
(d) Western Pennsylvania
2. Who in the government has the final say regarding military matters?
(a) The Vice President
(b) The President
(c) Secretary of State
(d) Supreme Commander of the Forces
3. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) To marry Bess
(b) To help the family with the farm.
(c) To join the Army
(d) He was fired
4. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
(c) Two million
5. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
(a) Oil & Refining
(c) Shoe Sales
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
2. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
3. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
4. What longtime cabinet member resigns due to a disagreement with Truman?
5. Who do Truman's supporters and staff encourage him to fire as a result of Fulbright's Senate committee report?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)