|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the real name of the Truman Committee?
(a) Committee on Defense Contractors
(b) Senate Special Committee to Investigate the National Defense Program
(c) Committee to Re-Elect President Roosevelt
(d) Committee on Un-American Affairs
2. Who did Truman choose to replace Marshall as his Secretary of State?
(a) Dean Acheson
(b) Dean Rusk
(c) Charlie Ross
(d) George Marshall's son
3. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
(a) filled with poverty and need
(b) He could not remember his chidlhood
(c) One misery after another
(d) The happiest imaginable
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(d) Green Party
5. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
(a) Womanizing and corruption
(b) Dishonesty and smoking
(c) Loud talking and smoking
(d) Drinking and playing cards
Short Answer Questions
1. What two political positions did Truman want before he was allowed to run for Senate?
2. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
3. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
4. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
5. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)