|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
(a) Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin
(b) Truman, DeGaulle and Patton
(c) Gorbachev, Bush and Truman
(d) Truman, Churchill and Stalin
2. Which country chose not to participate in the Marshall Plan and thereby caused several more countries in that bloc to pull out?
(d) Soviet Union
3. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
(a) George Marshall
(b) Charlie Ross
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) Jimmy Brynes
4. What sort of equality did Truman support for Negroes?
(a) Legal equality, but not social equality.
(b) Financial only, not social
(c) Complete equality
(d) He did not support any equality for Negroes
5. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
(a) Tax evasion
(b) Murder and rape
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
2. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
3. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
4. Why is Truman referred to as the "Senator from Pendergast" instead of the "Senator from Missouri"?
5. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)