|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Now Harry, you be good
(b) Harry, please don't smoke
(c) Harry, I love you
(d) Harry, bring home the bacon
2. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City?
(a) John Truman has lost the family business and property due to bad investments in wheat futures
(b) Harry Truman forced them to move for his political ambition
(c) John Truman left the family to join the war
(d) The Truman family were asked to leave town
3. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
(a) The George Washington
(b) The Titanic
(c) The USS United States
(d) The Augusta
4. Which country chose not to participate in the Marshall Plan and thereby caused several more countries in that bloc to pull out?
(c) Soviet Union
5. Why was it so important to create an Atomic Energy Commission?
(a) To make Truman look good
(b) To have a method of channeling funding to the project
(c) To provide civilian, not military, control of this new awesome power
(d) To prevent spies from access to the secrets
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?" .
2. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
3. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
4. During Churchill's speech in Missouri, as a guest of Truman, what term does Churchill use to describe the Soviet Union presence that became a common term?
5. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)