|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry does Truman attempt to turn over to government control in April of 1952?
(c) Ship Building
(d) Steel mills
2. Where did the Truman family live when in D.C. until Harry became President?
(a) 4701 Connecticut Avenue
(b) 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
(c) Blair House
(d) Missouri embassy
3. What major country turned Communist during Truman's second Presidency?
(b) South Africa
4. Why did Truman write an angry letter to the newspaper?
(a) A reporter was stalking Margaret
(b) A columnist had given Margaret's concert a bad review
(c) His Sunday paper did not arrive on time
(d) A reporter had published a comment he thought was off record
5. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
(a) The Titanic
(b) The Augusta
(c) The USS United States
(d) The George Washington
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country chose not to participate in the Marshall Plan and thereby caused several more countries in that bloc to pull out?
2. How many members did the Truman Committee have?
3. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
4. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
5. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)