|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Truman write an angry letter to the newspaper?
(a) A reporter was stalking Margaret
(b) A columnist had given Margaret's concert a bad review
(c) His Sunday paper did not arrive on time
(d) A reporter had published a comment he thought was off record
2. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) It is either this or jail time
(b) I need to get out of twon
(c) Someone has to do it.
(d) I need a job
3. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
(a) Truman, DeGaulle and Patton
(b) Truman, Churchill and Stalin
(c) Gorbachev, Bush and Truman
(d) Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin
4. What pet name did Truman have for Bess?
(a) The Old Bat
(b) The Boss or Madam
(c) Sweetie Pie
(d) Her Highness
5. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
(a) A baseball bat
(b) Offers of women
(c) Large amounts of cash
(d) Offers of wine
Short Answer Questions
1. During Churchill's speech in Missouri, as a guest of Truman, what term does Churchill use to describe the Soviet Union presence that became a common term?
2. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
3. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
4. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
5. What happened to the President's normal work when he was on the campaign trail?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)