|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What geographical designation separated South Korea from North Korea?
(a) The Yang River
(b) 38th Parallel
(c) The Alps
(d) The 41st parallel
2. What does the Truman farm produce?
(a) Bermuda grass
3. What was the name of Roosevelt's beloved dog?
(d) Rin Tin Tin
4. Of all the labor strikes after the war, which is the one that brings Truman to the strongest action?
(a) The Postal Strike
(b) The Steel Strike
(c) The Railroad Strike
(d) The Actors Guild Strike
5. What was the Turnip Congress?
(a) The special congressional session called by Truman during the time of Missouri's Turnip Day
(b) A special committee that turned up important information
(c) A session of congress where dissidents threw turnips at the congressmen
(d) A session of congress where only bills concerning turnips were discussed
Short Answer Questions
1. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
2. What is Adlai Stevenson's position when he runs for President?
3. Where did the Truman family live until the Roosevelt family departed the White House?
4. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
5. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)