|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. President Roosevelt made a radio speech to America at the beginning of Germany's attack on England, and the speech was subsequently referred to as what?
(a) The Speech of Omission
(b) The Arsenal for Democracy Speech
(c) The Fear Speech
(d) The Arsenal for Money Speech
2. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast?
(a) WWII caused his business to falter
(b) The investigation of his wife's real estate company
(c) The investigation of his personal finances
(d) The investigation of illegal voting practices in his county's 1936 elections
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(a) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
(b) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(c) Speech impediment and runny nose
4. What is cost-plus construction?
(a) Construction that costs more than originally estimated.
(b) Contractor is paid for all costs plus a fixed percentage profit
(c) Avoiding taxes on construction workers
(d) The method of paying contractors for work done
5. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) He committed suicide by shooting himself
(b) His plane crashed
(c) He was in a car accident
(d) He had terminal cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. The Truman Committee saved the U.S. taxpayers a great deal of money. What is the estimated amount mentioned in the book?
2. Where does the only meeting in history of Truman and MacArthur take place?
3. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
4. Which of Roosevelt's policies did Truman support the most enthusiastically?
5. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)