|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
(a) A baseball bat
(b) Offers of women
(c) Large amounts of cash
(d) Offers of wine
2. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
(a) His dog, his cat and Bess
(b) Bess, Mary Jane and his mother.
(c) His mother, Bess and another girlfriend
(d) His father, his dog and Bess
3. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
4. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
(a) Twent-five Years
(b) Ten years
(c) One year
(d) Three years
5. Harry Truman always carried a favorite poem in his wallet. What was that poem and the author?
(a) "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
(b) "Blessing the Boats" by Lucille Clifton
(c) "Election Year" by Donald Revell
(d) "Locksley Hall" by Tennyson
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the government has the final say regarding military matters?
2. What major country turned Communist during Truman's second Presidency?
3. What does the Truman farm produce?
4. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
5. Why doesn't the military deploy more divisions in North Korea?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)