|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career is Margaret Truman pursuing?
(b) Lab Technician
(d) Computer Science
2. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
(a) He decided to do nothing and wait to see what happened
(b) He wrote a stern letter to the newspaper calling for action
(c) Launched his own investigation and drove over 10,000 miles across the country researching defense sites.
(d) He started his own company to reap some of these benefits
3. What was a whistle-stop?
(a) A street corner
(b) The term used to call for a taxi while standing on the sidewalk
(c) A method used to veto a bill
(d) Term used to describe Truman's style of campaigning by stopping his Presidential train in every small town along the way so he could meet the American people.
4. What was a Dixiecrat?
(a) A politician who whistles Dixie
(b) Members of the southern Democratic party who withdrew from the Truman's Democratic Party because of his stand on Civil Rights.
(c) A type of paper cup
(d) A politician who endorsed the NAACP
5. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?"
(a) The urge to visit the Potomac River rather than working
(b) The tendency of some political appointees to consider themselves more important than they were
(c) A strain of flu duirng the war
(d) The heightened color of skin when people arrived in DC
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
2. Why doesn't the military deploy more divisions in North Korea?
3. What famous landmark did Churchill visit when in Berlin?
4. What family member does Truman lose in July of 1947?
5. How many people did Oppenheimer estimate the bomb would kill?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)