|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
(c) Shoe Sales
(d) Oil & Refining
2. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
(a) One misery after another
(b) He could not remember his chidlhood
(c) The happiest imaginable
(d) filled with poverty and need
3. When did the Democratic party decide to place Truman as Vice President on their ticket?
(a) At the Democratic National Convention in 1944.
(b) Three years in advance
(c) When Roosevelt died
(d) When Roosevelt became ill
4. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meeting with the other captains
(b) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(c) Wearing the uniform
(d) Writing reports to command
5. What career did Margaret Truman plan to enter?
(a) Publishing agent
(d) Computer science
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days was Truman Vice President?
2. How many people did Oppenheimer estimate the bomb would kill?
3. How old was Truman when his second term as president began?
4. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
5. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)