|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the White House renovation cost?
(a) Nothing - all work was donated
(c) 1 million dollars
(d) 5.8 million dollars
2. When Germany advances on Moscow, what does President Roosevelt offer Stalin?
(a) A billion dollars worth of supplies
(b) Sound advice
(c) Nuclear warheads
(d) 100,000 troops
3. What was General Order Number 11?
(a) Union Army decree that all Missouri farmers commit 50% of their crop to the army
(b) Government decree that people in Missour could not vote
(c) Union Army decree that all persons in Missouri who could not prove their loyalty to the Union would have to leave Missouri.
(d) Government decree that all women should wear hats
4. Who in the government has the final say regarding military matters?
(a) The President
(b) Supreme Commander of the Forces
(c) The Vice President
(d) Secretary of State
5. What essential materials were in short supply as America prepared for war?
(a) Aluminum, copper, zinc and rubber
(b) computers, cell phones and i-pods
(c) steel, latex, and plutonium
(d) lead, coal, limestone and rock
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
2. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
3. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
4. What condition of the White House was hidden from the Press until after the election?
5. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)