|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
(a) He began wearing jeans
(b) He allowed his hair to grow past his shoulders
(c) He began wearing his now famous bow ties instead of a necktie
(d) He stopped wearing his glasses
2. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
(a) Newspaper route
(b) Sweeping, dusting and cleaning at Clinton's Drugstore in Independence
(c) Cleaning and painting houses in his neighborhood
(d) Bicycle courier for a bank in Kansas City
3. Which country becomes a focal point of disagreement between USA and the Soviets?
4. Who was Truman's Vice President before Barkley?
(a) Henry Wallace
(b) No one
(c) Jim Pendergast
(d) Jimmy Byrnes
5. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
(a) His womanizing became known by the public
(b) His gambling addiction was exposed
(c) His wife divorced him and took the child
(d) His family farm was sold at auction while he was at the Democratic Convention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
2. In what country was Potsdam located?
3. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
4. Who won WWI?
5. What longtime cabinet member resigns due to a disagreement with Truman?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)