|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Truman referred to as the "Senator from Pendergast" instead of the "Senator from Missouri"?
(a) He is related to the large Pendergast family
(b) He was born in Pendergast, MO
(c) Because of his association with the political boss Tom Pendergast
(d) He was originally elected from the state of Pendergast
2. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Ku Klux Klan
(b) Freemasonry or the Masons
(c) Boy Scouts
(d) Rainbow Girls
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(a) Speech impediment and runny nose
(b) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
(d) Diarrhea and farsightedness
4. When the U.S. and South Korean Army pushes the North Korean/Chinese back to the 38th parallel, what decision is made about the next step?
(a) To evacuate all troops from Korea
(b) To proceed into North Korea.
(c) To proceed into China
(d) To hold the line there
5. What pet name did Truman have for Bess?
(a) Her Highness
(b) The Old Bat
(c) The Boss or Madam
(d) Sweetie Pie
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Oppenheimer estimate the bomb would kill?
2. Who was Truman's Vice President before Barkley?
3. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
4. Who resigns from Truman's cabinet before Potsdam?
5. How did Truman's men move their equipment around France?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)