|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
(a) The Lusitania
(b) The Titanic
(c) The George Washington
(d) The Mary Deare
2. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) Three hundred Miles
(b) One Mile
(c) Fifty Miles
(d) Sixteen Miles
3. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
(a) 1910 Volkswagon
(b) 1890 Mercedes
(c) 1911 Stafford
(d) 1929 Ford Model T
4. What two political positions did Truman want before he was allowed to run for Senate?
(a) Mayor of Independence and Governor of Illinois
(b) Governor of MIssouri and Mayor fo Independence
(c) Mayor of Lamar and Mayor of Independence
(d) Governor of Missouri and Congressman from Missouri
5. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
(a) Henry Wallace
(b) Margaret Truman
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Charlie Ross
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
2. Who won WWI?
3. Why did Truman write an angry letter to the newspaper?
4. What longtime cabinet member resigns due to a disagreement with Truman?
5. Who did Truman choose to replace Marshall as his Secretary of State?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)