|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was employed to work for Harry Truman, in his office, for a $2500 annual salary?
(a) John Truman
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt
(c) His mother
(d) Bess Truman
2. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Harrison and Bess
(b) Jim and Eleanor
(c) Franklin and Eleanor
(d) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
3. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
(a) Jimmy Brynes
(b) Henry Wallace
(c) George Marshall
(d) Charlie Ross
4. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
(b) Truman's mother
(d) Bess's Mother
5. Where does the only meeting in history of Truman and MacArthur take place?
(a) New Mexico
(b) Washington DC
(d) Wake Island
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry does Truman attempt to turn over to government control in April of 1952?
2. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
3. Which state turned the tide towards Truman at the convention?
4. What interest did Harry and his father share?
5. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)