|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
(a) His mother, Bess and another girlfriend
(b) His dog, his cat and Bess
(c) Bess, Mary Jane and his mother.
(d) His father, his dog and Bess
2. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
(a) Harry S. Truman liked to build airplane models
(b) Harry S. Truman was an excellent student, great friend, faithful son, never in trouble, industrious and kind.
(c) Harry S. Truman was a child actor
(d) Harry S. Truman's mother was a world famous model
3. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Through Uncle Harrison
(b) There was no connection
(c) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(d) Bess's marriage to Harry
4. When Roosevelt announces in 1944 that he will run for the fourth term as President, how many terms were Presidents allowed to serve?
(b) There was no constitutional limit to the number of times a President could serve
5. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
(a) Harry Truman
(b) Unknown - Roosevelt changed his mind often during the VP discussions with his staff
(c) Adlai Stevenson
(d) Teddy Roosevelt
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original funding for the Truman Committee?
2. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
3. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
4. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
5. What career did Margaret Truman plan to enter?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)