|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pet name did Truman have for Bess?
(a) The Boss or Madam
(b) The Old Bat
(c) Her Highness
(d) Sweetie Pie
2. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(c) Interstate Highway
3. Which state turned the tide towards Truman at the convention?
(a) New York
4. Harry Truman always carried a favorite poem in his wallet. What was that poem and the author?
(a) "Election Year" by Donald Revell
(b) "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
(c) "Blessing the Boats" by Lucille Clifton
(d) "Locksley Hall" by Tennyson
5. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meeting with the other captains
(b) Wearing the uniform
(c) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(d) Writing reports to command
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one voting faction in this election that had never been involved in presidential elections before?
2. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
3. During Churchill's speech in Missouri, as a guest of Truman, what term does Churchill use to describe the Soviet Union presence that became a common term?
4. What interest did Harry and his father share?
5. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)