|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
(a) Harry S. Truman was a child actor
(b) Harry S. Truman's mother was a world famous model
(c) Harry S. Truman liked to build airplane models
(d) Harry S. Truman was an excellent student, great friend, faithful son, never in trouble, industrious and kind.
2. What was a dollar-a-year man?
(a) A man whose only worth was one dollar
(b) A man who stole one dollar per day from the government
(c) A businessman who kept his original salary from his company and worked for the government for a token small salary, all for the war effort.
(d) A man whose only income was one dollar
3. What was Roosevelt's continuing admonition to his departments regarding defense production in 1941?
(a) "Speed, speed, speed."
(b) "Take your time"
(c) "Wait until the budget is passed"
(d) "Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy"
4. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
(a) Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin
(b) Gorbachev, Bush and Truman
(c) Truman, DeGaulle and Patton
(d) Truman, Churchill and Stalin
5. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
(a) The Lusitania
(b) The George Washington
(c) The Mary Deare
(d) The Titanic
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country becomes a focal point of disagreement between USA and the Soviets?
2. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
3. What was the real name of the Truman Committee?
4. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
5. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)