|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first six months of 1942 military contracts added what amount to the U.S. economy?
(a) $2 billion
(d) $400 billion
2. How old was Truman when his second term as president began?
3. Which of Truman's family members accompanied him on the campaign trail?
(a) His mother and father
(b) His brother and his brother's wife and sons
(c) His sister and mother
(d) Bess and Margaret
4. What was a whistle-stop?
(a) Term used to describe Truman's style of campaigning by stopping his Presidential train in every small town along the way so he could meet the American people.
(b) A street corner
(c) A method used to veto a bill
(d) The term used to call for a taxi while standing on the sidewalk
5. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name Truman gave his old car
(b) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(c) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(d) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
2. What condition of the White House was hidden from the Press until after the election?
3. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
4. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
5. When dividing up Germany, what geographical descriptions did the Potsdam Conference use?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)