|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of Truman's long time friends was most instrumental in advising him regarding the Palestine problem?
(a) Charlie Ross
(b) George Marshall
(c) Eddie Jacobson
(d) Jim Pendergast
2. What part of Truman's past most concerned the Democratic Party for the campaign?
(a) The fact Bess Truman's father committed suicide
(b) His past farming duties
(c) His connection with the Freemasons
(d) His connection with Boss Pendergast
3. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
(b) New Mexico
4. What family member does Truman lose in July of 1947?
(a) His wife
(b) His daughter
(c) His father
(d) His mother
5. Why was it so important to create an Atomic Energy Commission?
(a) To prevent spies from access to the secrets
(b) To have a method of channeling funding to the project
(c) To make Truman look good
(d) To provide civilian, not military, control of this new awesome power
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
2. What was one of the unique things about the Truman Committee?
3. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
4. What pivotal event occurred on December 7, 1941?
5. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)