|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
(a) He is divorced from his first wife and moves to Kansas City
(b) He is forced to undergo a paternity test
(c) He gets married and his daughter is born
(d) He is ordained as a preacher and married
2. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) His plane crashed
(b) He committed suicide by shooting himself
(c) He had terminal cancer
(d) He was in a car accident
3. How old was Harry Truman when he arrived in Washington D.C. to assume his duties as a Senator?
4. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
(a) To get Stalin to commit to entering the war against Japan
(b) To tell the other countries about the atom bomb
(c) To see Europe for free
(d) To find an excuse to use the atom bomb
5. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) Richard Nixon
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) George Bush Sr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new civilian agency is set up under Truman's presidency?
2. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
3. What interest did Harry and his father share?
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
5. What was the real name of the Truman Committee?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)