|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
(a) Soviet Union
2. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need to get out of twon
(b) I need a job
(c) Someone has to do it.
(d) It is either this or jail time
3. Who was employed to work for Harry Truman, in his office, for a $2500 annual salary?
(a) His mother
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt
(c) John Truman
(d) Bess Truman
4. Which state turned the tide towards Truman at the convention?
(d) New York
5. What was Roosevelt's continuing admonition to his departments regarding defense production in 1941?
(a) "Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy"
(b) "Take your time"
(c) "Speed, speed, speed."
(d) "Wait until the budget is passed"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast? .
2. In the first six months of 1942 military contracts added what amount to the U.S. economy?
3. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
4. What was the original funding for the Truman Committee?
5. What was one of the unique things about the Truman Committee?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)