|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Churchill's speech in Missouri, as a guest of Truman, what term does Churchill use to describe the Soviet Union presence that became a common term?
(a) Axis of Evil
(c) Berlin Wall
(d) Iron Curtain
2. Who was the most influential new friend Truman gained during his first term as Senator?
(a) Ex-President Abraham LIncoln
(b) Justice Louis D. Brandeis
(c) Andrew Jackson's son
(d) Robert E. Lee's widow
3. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) George Bush
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) George Washington
4. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Rainbow Girls
(b) Ku Klux Klan
(c) Freemasonry or the Masons
(d) Boy Scouts
5. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
(a) Queen City of the Trails
(b) Land of Enchantment
(c) Land of Milk and Honey
(d) Mormon Paradise
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
2. When Germany advances on Moscow, what does President Roosevelt offer Stalin?
3. Who did Truman choose to replace Marshall as his Secretary of State?
4. Truman's foreign office is warning him about the after war dangers of which country?
5. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)