|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country chose not to participate in the Marshall Plan and thereby caused several more countries in that bloc to pull out?
(c) Soviet Union
2. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
(a) To find an excuse to use the atom bomb
(b) To see Europe for free
(c) To get Stalin to commit to entering the war against Japan
(d) To tell the other countries about the atom bomb
3. What happened to the President's normal work when he was on the campaign trail?
(a) Bess took care of it
(b) It continued as before from Truman's desk on the train
(c) His staff collected all the papers and held them until he arrived home
(d) The vice president handled everything
4. Who resigns from Truman's cabinet before Potsdam?
(a) His intern
(b) Vice President
(c) Secretary of Treasury
(d) Secretary of War
5. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
(a) Harry Truman
(b) Unknown - Roosevelt changed his mind often during the VP discussions with his staff
(c) Adlai Stevenson
(d) Teddy Roosevelt
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the real name of the Truman Committee?
2. What is one Presidential first that is mentioned in this chapter?
3. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
4. How did the leaders entertain each other in the evenings of the conference?
5. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)