|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most influential new friend Truman gained during his first term as Senator?
(a) Justice Louis D. Brandeis
(b) Robert E. Lee's widow
(c) Andrew Jackson's son
(d) Ex-President Abraham LIncoln
2. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need a job
(b) It is either this or jail time
(c) Someone has to do it.
(d) I need to get out of twon
3. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt
(b) Harry S Truman
(c) John F. Kennedy
(d) Woodrow Wilson
4. Which country chose not to participate in the Marshall Plan and thereby caused several more countries in that bloc to pull out?
(b) Soviet Union
5. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
2. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
3. What is the name of the new organization of countries formed to keep the peace after the world war ends?
4. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
5. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)