|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
(b) New Mexico
2. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
(a) The Mary Deare
(b) The Lusitania
(c) The Titanic
(d) The George Washington
3. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?"
(a) The urge to visit the Potomac River rather than working
(b) The heightened color of skin when people arrived in DC
(c) The tendency of some political appointees to consider themselves more important than they were
(d) A strain of flu duirng the war
4. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
(a) Playing baseball, basketball and football
(b) In his room playing Dungeons and Dragons
(c) Shoplifting from the pharmacy and smoking with friends
(d) Playing the piano, reading books, and being with his family.
5. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
(a) He started his own company to reap some of these benefits
(b) He wrote a stern letter to the newspaper calling for action
(c) He decided to do nothing and wait to see what happened
(d) Launched his own investigation and drove over 10,000 miles across the country researching defense sites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
2. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
3. When did the Democratic party decide to place Truman as Vice President on their ticket?
4. How many members did the Truman Committee have?
5. How did the leaders entertain each other in the evenings of the conference?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)