|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
(a) General Eisenhower
(b) General Patton
(c) General Pershing
(d) General DeGaulle
2. What was the origination of the term "pinko?"
(a) Pinko referred to men who wore women's clothes
(b) Pinko was an affectionate name Harry gave Bess
(c) When a difference was pointed out between a red Communist and a lesser dedicated Communist, a pink one.
(d) It is a shortened version ofthe term pinkolator which was a brand of coffee maker
3. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
(a) His wife divorced him and took the child
(b) His gambling addiction was exposed
(c) His womanizing became known by the public
(d) His family farm was sold at auction while he was at the Democratic Convention.
4. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(b) Speech impediment and runny nose
(c) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(d) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
5. The Truman Committee saved the U.S. taxpayers a great deal of money. What is the estimated amount mentioned in the book?
(a) $15 billion
(c) $1 million
(d) $3 million
Short Answer Questions
1. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
2. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
3. Who did Truman choose to accompany him to meet the train bearing Roosevelt's body?
4. How did the leaders entertain each other in the evenings of the conference?
5. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)