|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
(a) It refers to the time in his campaign when his plane's propellor fell off
(b) Barkley's habit of propping himself against a bar to deliver speeches
(c) The propellor pin he wore on his suit lapel during the campaign
(d) A trip the VP candidate took by airplane that was similar to the railway tour the President was making.
2. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) John Truman
(c) Bess Truman
(d) Martha Ellen Truman
3. How did the leaders entertain each other in the evenings of the conference?
(a) Dinners and musical entertainment
(b) Watching football on televsion
(c) Dancing with the town women
(d) Listening to baseball games on the radio
4. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
(a) General Eisenhower
(b) General Pershing
(c) General DeGaulle
(d) General Patton
5. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Jim and Eleanor
(b) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
(c) Harrison and Bess
(d) Franklin and Eleanor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one Presidential first that is mentioned in this chapter?
2. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
3. What major country turned Communist during Truman's second Presidency?
4. What does the Truman farm produce?
5. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)