|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a dollar-a-year man?
(a) A man whose only income was one dollar
(b) A businessman who kept his original salary from his company and worked for the government for a token small salary, all for the war effort.
(c) A man whose only worth was one dollar
(d) A man who stole one dollar per day from the government
2. Where was Harry S Truman born?
(a) Independence, MO
(b) Lamar, MO
(c) Santa Fe, NM
(d) Washington D.C.
3. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(d) Interstate Highway
4. What was the Canol Project?
(a) A scheme to build a four inch pipeline from Canada to Alaska
(b) The atom bomb
(c) A plan to end hunger in America using cooking oil
(d) A plan for a large dam on the Canol River
5. Who was employed to work for Harry Truman, in his office, for a $2500 annual salary?
(a) His mother
(b) John Truman
(c) Bess Truman
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
Short Answer Questions
1. During Churchill's speech in Missouri, as a guest of Truman, what term does Churchill use to describe the Soviet Union presence that became a common term?
2. What family member does Truman lose in July of 1947?
3. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
4. What essential materials were in short supply as America prepared for war?
5. What was the original funding for the Truman Committee?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)