|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
(a) General DeGaulle
(b) General Patton
(c) General Eisenhower
(d) General Pershing
2. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Writing reports to command
(b) Wearing the uniform
(c) Meeting with the other captains
(d) Meting out discipline to his troops.
3. What is the number one recommendation from the S-1 Interim Committee to Truman?
(a) Give the bomb to Africa
(b) Never use the bomb
(c) The bomb should be used against Japan as soon as possible
(d) Use the bomb against Germany
4. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) Bess Truman
(b) John Truman
(c) Martha Ellen Truman
(d) Margaret Truman
5. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
(a) Truman, DeGaulle and Patton
(b) Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin
(c) Truman, Churchill and Stalin
(d) Gorbachev, Bush and Truman
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country becomes a focal point of disagreement between USA and the Soviets?
2. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
3. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
4. How old was Truman when his second term as president began?
5. What major country turned Communist during Truman's second Presidency?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)