|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) Ben Franklin's books
(b) Time Magazine
(c) The Koran
(d) The Bible
2. What part of Truman's past most concerned the Democratic Party for the campaign?
(a) His connection with the Freemasons
(b) The fact Bess Truman's father committed suicide
(c) His past farming duties
(d) His connection with Boss Pendergast
3. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
(a) It refers to the time in his campaign when his plane's propellor fell off
(b) A trip the VP candidate took by airplane that was similar to the railway tour the President was making.
(c) Barkley's habit of propping himself against a bar to deliver speeches
(d) The propellor pin he wore on his suit lapel during the campaign
4. Where did the Truman family live until the Roosevelt family departed the White House?
(a) Blair House, Washington DC
(b) Key West, FL
(c) Independence, MO
(d) New York, New York
5. How did the leaders entertain each other in the evenings of the conference?
(a) Dancing with the town women
(b) Dinners and musical entertainment
(c) Watching football on televsion
(d) Listening to baseball games on the radio
Short Answer Questions
1. What interest did Harry and his father share?
2. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
3. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
4. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
5. What major country turned Communist during Truman's second Presidency?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)