|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
(a) Barkley's habit of propping himself against a bar to deliver speeches
(b) A trip the VP candidate took by airplane that was similar to the railway tour the President was making.
(c) The propellor pin he wore on his suit lapel during the campaign
(d) It refers to the time in his campaign when his plane's propellor fell off
2. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
(b) Through the main door
(c) Through the kitchen door
(d) By three separate doors
3. How old was Truman when his second term as president began?
4. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
(a) The Titanic
(b) The Mary Deare
(c) The Lusitania
(d) The George Washington
5. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
(a) The attempt to increase the number of Supreme Court Justices
(b) Entering WWII
(c) Entering WWI
(d) Bombing the Japanese home cities
Short Answer Questions
1. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
2. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
3. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
4. Where was Harry S Truman born?
5. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)