|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Roosevelt's continuing admonition to his departments regarding defense production in 1941?
(a) "Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy"
(b) "Take your time"
(c) "Wait until the budget is passed"
(d) "Speed, speed, speed."
2. Who won WWI?
(d) Soviet Union
3. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) There was no connection
(b) Through Uncle Harrison
(c) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(d) Bess's marriage to Harry
4. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
(a) Drinking and playing cards
(b) Loud talking and smoking
(c) Womanizing and corruption
(d) Dishonesty and smoking
5. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
(a) To tell the other countries about the atom bomb
(b) To see Europe for free
(c) To get Stalin to commit to entering the war against Japan
(d) To find an excuse to use the atom bomb
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Canol Project?
2. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
3. What essential materials were in short supply as America prepared for war?
4. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
5. What career is Margaret Truman pursuing?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)