|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
(a) Unknown - Roosevelt changed his mind often during the VP discussions with his staff
(b) Harry Truman
(c) Teddy Roosevelt
(d) Adlai Stevenson
2. How many people did Oppenheimer estimate the bomb would kill?
(c) Two million
3. President Roosevelt made a radio speech to America at the beginning of Germany's attack on England, and the speech was subsequently referred to as what?
(a) The Fear Speech
(b) The Arsenal for Money Speech
(c) The Speech of Omission
(d) The Arsenal for Democracy Speech
4. What is the number one recommendation from the S-1 Interim Committee to Truman?
(a) Use the bomb against Germany
(b) Give the bomb to Africa
(c) Never use the bomb
(d) The bomb should be used against Japan as soon as possible
5. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Ku Klux Klan
(b) Boy Scouts
(c) Rainbow Girls
(d) Freemasonry or the Masons
Short Answer Questions
1. Which state turned the tide towards Truman at the convention?
2. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
3. How did Truman's men move their equipment around France?
4. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
5. When dividing up Germany, what geographical descriptions did the Potsdam Conference use?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)