|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Churchill's speech in Missouri, as a guest of Truman, what term does Churchill use to describe the Soviet Union presence that became a common term?
(a) Berlin Wall
(b) Axis of Evil
(d) Iron Curtain
2. When dividing up Germany, what geographical descriptions did the Potsdam Conference use?
(a) The Germany of 1937
(b) Magellan's original docments
(c) The conquered lands of Germany
(d) Hitler's plan for domination
3. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
(a) Charlie Ross
(b) George Marshall
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) Jimmy Brynes
4. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) The Koran
(b) Time Magazine
(c) Ben Franklin's books
(d) The Bible
5. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?"
(a) The heightened color of skin when people arrived in DC
(b) The tendency of some political appointees to consider themselves more important than they were
(c) A strain of flu duirng the war
(d) The urge to visit the Potomac River rather than working
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
2. How did Truman's personal staff feel about him?
3. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
4. What was one of the unique things about the Truman Committee?
5. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)