|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the American's atom bomb tested?
(a) Washington DC
(c) Bikini Atoll
(d) New Mexico
2. Who were Harry Truman's parents?
(a) Solomon Young and Mary Jane Truman
(b) Harry Truman Sr and Elizabeth Young
(c) Bill Truman and Elizabeth Taylor
(d) John Truman and Martha Ellen Young
3. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
(a) He stopped wearing his glasses
(b) He allowed his hair to grow past his shoulders
(c) He began wearing jeans
(d) He began wearing his now famous bow ties instead of a necktie
4. What interest did Harry and his father share?
(a) Watching tv
(b) Fishing and hunting
5. Why was it so important to create an Atomic Energy Commission?
(a) To make Truman look good
(b) To have a method of channeling funding to the project
(c) To provide civilian, not military, control of this new awesome power
(d) To prevent spies from access to the secrets
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roosevelt announces in 1944 that he will run for the fourth term as President, how many terms were Presidents allowed to serve?
2. President Roosevelt made a radio speech to America at the beginning of Germany's attack on England, and the speech was subsequently referred to as what?
3. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
4. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
5. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)