|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) It is either this or jail time
(b) I need to get out of twon
(c) I need a job
(d) Someone has to do it.
2. What career did Margaret Truman plan to enter?
(a) Publishing agent
(b) Computer science
3. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) The Bible
(b) Time Magazine
(c) Ben Franklin's books
(d) The Koran
4. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
(a) Harry S. Truman's mother was a world famous model
(b) Harry S. Truman was a child actor
(c) Harry S. Truman was an excellent student, great friend, faithful son, never in trouble, industrious and kind.
(d) Harry S. Truman liked to build airplane models
5. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
(a) The people of Independence were abolitionists and offered assistance
(b) Independence was a haven for slaves and immigrants
(c) Accepting and welcoming in clubs and homes
(d) Prejudice and racism were common and accepted
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
2. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
3. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
4. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
5. In what country was Potsdam located?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)