|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Germany advances on Moscow, what does President Roosevelt offer Stalin?
(a) Sound advice
(b) A billion dollars worth of supplies
(c) Nuclear warheads
(d) 100,000 troops
2. Why was it so important to create an Atomic Energy Commission?
(a) To have a method of channeling funding to the project
(b) To make Truman look good
(c) To prevent spies from access to the secrets
(d) To provide civilian, not military, control of this new awesome power
3. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
(a) Telegraph and electric bulb
(b) Toilet and bathtub
(c) Computer and cell phone
(d) Telephone and typewriter
4. What pet name did Truman have for Bess?
(a) Sweetie Pie
(b) Her Highness
(c) The Boss or Madam
(d) The Old Bat
5. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(c) Interstate Highway
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roosevelt announces in 1944 that he will run for the fourth term as President, how many terms were Presidents allowed to serve?
2. What family member does Truman lose in July of 1947?
3. How did Truman's men move their equipment around France?
4. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
5. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)