|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast?
(a) WWII caused his business to falter
(b) The investigation of his personal finances
(c) The investigation of illegal voting practices in his county's 1936 elections
(d) The investigation of his wife's real estate company
2. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
(a) The Augusta
(b) The USS United States
(c) The Titanic
(d) The George Washington
3. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Bess Wallace
(b) Mary Jane Truman
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt
(d) Margaret Truman
4. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name Truman gave his old car
(b) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(c) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(d) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
5. How many days was Truman Vice President?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
2. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
3. What part of Truman's past most concerned the Democratic Party for the campaign?
4. How did Truman's personal staff feel about him?
5. At their meeting in August of 1944, what did Roosevelt give to Truman to give to his wife and daughter?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)