|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) There was no connection
(b) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(c) Through Uncle Harrison
(d) Bess's marriage to Harry
2. What pivotal event occurred on December 7, 1941?
(a) Germany surrendered
(b) President Roosevelt died
(c) Japan bombed the USA Fleet at Pearl Harbor
(d) Margaret Truman was born
3. Who was employed to work for Harry Truman, in his office, for a $2500 annual salary?
(a) John Truman
(b) His mother
(c) Bess Truman
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(a) Green Party
5. Which state turned the tide towards Truman at the convention?
(c) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Truman appoint as his Secretary of State?
2. When Germany advances on Moscow, what does President Roosevelt offer Stalin?
3. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
4. How did the leaders entertain each other in the evenings of the conference?
5. Why is Truman referred to as the "Senator from Pendergast" instead of the "Senator from Missouri"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)