|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
(a) Local country club
(c) Ku Klux Klan
2. Why is Truman referred to as the "Senator from Pendergast" instead of the "Senator from Missouri"?
(a) He is related to the large Pendergast family
(b) Because of his association with the political boss Tom Pendergast
(c) He was originally elected from the state of Pendergast
(d) He was born in Pendergast, MO
3. How did Truman's personal staff feel about him?
(a) They feared him
(b) They disliked him intensely
(c) They admired and respected him
(d) They thought he was boring
4. President Roosevelt made a radio speech to America at the beginning of Germany's attack on England, and the speech was subsequently referred to as what?
(a) The Fear Speech
(b) The Speech of Omission
(c) The Arsenal for Democracy Speech
(d) The Arsenal for Money Speech
5. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
(a) Richard Nixon
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) George Bush Sr.
(d) Henry Wallace
Short Answer Questions
1. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
2. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
3. What famous landmark did Churchill visit when in Berlin?
4. Which state turned the tide towards Truman at the convention?
5. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)