|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members did the Truman Committee have?
(b) Only one
2. When Roosevelt announces in 1944 that he will run for the fourth term as President, how many terms were Presidents allowed to serve?
(b) There was no constitutional limit to the number of times a President could serve
3. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(b) The name Truman gave his old car
(c) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(d) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
4. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast?
(a) The investigation of his personal finances
(b) The investigation of his wife's real estate company
(c) The investigation of illegal voting practices in his county's 1936 elections
(d) WWII caused his business to falter
5. What was Truman's attitude towards running for Vice President?
(a) He was eager to run
(b) He did not have an opinion
(c) He did not want to
(d) He was afraid of running
Short Answer Questions
1. What family member does Truman lose in July of 1947?
2. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
3. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
4. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
5. What career is Margaret Truman pursuing?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)