|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Freemasonry or the Masons
(b) Ku Klux Klan
(c) Rainbow Girls
(d) Boy Scouts
2. Who does Truman appoint as his Secretary of State?
(a) Jimmy Byrnes
(b) Henry Wallace
(c) Teddy Roosevelt
(d) Robert E. Lee
3. What is cost-plus construction?
(a) Construction that costs more than originally estimated.
(b) The method of paying contractors for work done
(c) Avoiding taxes on construction workers
(d) Contractor is paid for all costs plus a fixed percentage profit
4. Which country chose not to participate in the Marshall Plan and thereby caused several more countries in that bloc to pull out?
(c) Soviet Union
5. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
(b) Western Pennsylvania
(c) Southern Georgia
(d) Western Missouri
Short Answer Questions
1. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
2. What new civilian agency is set up under Truman's presidency?
3. What party did Truman belong to?
4. What is the name of the new organization of countries formed to keep the peace after the world war ends?
5. Where was Harry S Truman born?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)