|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When dividing up Germany, what geographical descriptions did the Potsdam Conference use?
(a) Magellan's original docments
(b) Hitler's plan for domination
(c) The conquered lands of Germany
(d) The Germany of 1937
2. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
(a) She was happy to move to a new house
(b) She did not want him to run
(c) She did not care either way
(d) She was eager to see his political ambition proceed
3. What was a dollar-a-year man?
(a) A man whose only worth was one dollar
(b) A man who stole one dollar per day from the government
(c) A man whose only income was one dollar
(d) A businessman who kept his original salary from his company and worked for the government for a token small salary, all for the war effort.
4. What two political positions did Truman want before he was allowed to run for Senate?
(a) Mayor of Lamar and Mayor of Independence
(b) Governor of Missouri and Congressman from Missouri
(c) Mayor of Independence and Governor of Illinois
(d) Governor of MIssouri and Mayor fo Independence
5. What was one of the unique things about the Truman Committee?
(a) The Senate does not usually operate by committee
(b) All of the members were white men
(c) The committee was unanimous on every report.
(d) None of the members were Senators
Short Answer Questions
1. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
2. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
3. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
4. What interest did Harry and his father share?
5. What is the name of the new organization of countries formed to keep the peace after the world war ends?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)