|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Harry, bring home the bacon
(b) Now Harry, you be good
(c) Harry, I love you
(d) Harry, please don't smoke
2. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?"
(a) The heightened color of skin when people arrived in DC
(b) The tendency of some political appointees to consider themselves more important than they were
(c) The urge to visit the Potomac River rather than working
(d) A strain of flu duirng the war
3. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
(a) Hiring a maid for his house
(b) Personal finances
(c) Getting caught with another woman
(d) Margaret's behavior in public
4. What is cost-plus construction?
(a) Avoiding taxes on construction workers
(b) Contractor is paid for all costs plus a fixed percentage profit
(c) The method of paying contractors for work done
(d) Construction that costs more than originally estimated.
5. Which of Roosevelt's policies did Truman support the most enthusiastically?
(a) The X-Files
(b) The Old Deal
(c) The New Deal
(d) The Pentagon Papers
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast? .
2. How old was Harry Truman when he arrived in Washington D.C. to assume his duties as a Senator?
3. What was Roosevelt's continuing admonition to his departments regarding defense production in 1941?
4. Which country chose not to participate in the Marshall Plan and thereby caused several more countries in that bloc to pull out?
5. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)