|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Truman's foreign office is warning him about the after war dangers of which country?
(b) Soviet Union
2. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
(a) His womanizing became known by the public
(b) His gambling addiction was exposed
(c) His family farm was sold at auction while he was at the Democratic Convention.
(d) His wife divorced him and took the child
3. President Roosevelt made a radio speech to America at the beginning of Germany's attack on England, and the speech was subsequently referred to as what?
(a) The Arsenal for Money Speech
(b) The Fear Speech
(c) The Arsenal for Democracy Speech
(d) The Speech of Omission
4. What was one of the unique things about the Truman Committee?
(a) None of the members were Senators
(b) All of the members were white men
(c) The Senate does not usually operate by committee
(d) The committee was unanimous on every report.
5. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) The Bible
(b) The Koran
(c) Ben Franklin's books
(d) Time Magazine
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Roosevelt's beloved dog?
2. What was one voting faction in this election that had never been involved in presidential elections before?
3. What was General Order Number 11?
4. Why was it so important to create an Atomic Energy Commission?
5. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)