|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Bess Wallace
(c) Mary Jane Truman
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
2. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) George Washington
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) George Bush
3. What pet name did Truman have for Bess?
(a) The Boss or Madam
(b) The Old Bat
(c) Sweetie Pie
(d) Her Highness
4. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
(a) She was happy to move to a new house
(b) She did not care either way
(c) She did not want him to run
(d) She was eager to see his political ambition proceed
5. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
(b) Murder and rape
(d) Tax evasion
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
2. Harry Truman always carried a favorite poem in his wallet. What was that poem and the author?
3. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
4. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
5. Why is Truman referred to as the "Senator from Pendergast" instead of the "Senator from Missouri"?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)