|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in charge of the Soviet Union when Truman became President?
(d) Josef Stalin
2. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
(a) Margaret's behavior in public
(b) Personal finances
(c) Hiring a maid for his house
(d) Getting caught with another woman
3. Who was employed to work for Harry Truman, in his office, for a $2500 annual salary?
(a) Bess Truman
(b) John Truman
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt
(d) His mother
4. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) Ben Franklin's books
(b) The Koran
(c) Time Magazine
(d) The Bible
5. What is cost-plus construction?
(a) Construction that costs more than originally estimated.
(b) Avoiding taxes on construction workers
(c) Contractor is paid for all costs plus a fixed percentage profit
(d) The method of paying contractors for work done
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
2. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
3. What was Truman's attitude towards running for Vice President?
4. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
5. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)