Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
(a) He did not vote at all
(b) As a gesture of loyalty to Tom Pendergast
(c) Milligan had insulted Margaret
(d) He felt Milligan was doing a bad job
2. Where did the Truman family live when in D.C. until Harry became President?
(a) 4701 Connecticut Avenue
(b) 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
(c) Blair House
(d) Missouri embassy
3. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast?
(a) The investigation of his personal finances
(b) The investigation of his wife's real estate company
(c) WWII caused his business to falter
(d) The investigation of illegal voting practices in his county's 1936 elections
4. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Franklin and Eleanor
(b) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
(c) Jim and Eleanor
(d) Harrison and Bess
5. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need a job
(b) It is either this or jail time
(c) I need to get out of twon
(d) Someone has to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
2. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
3. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
4. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
5. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)