|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
(a) Unknown - Roosevelt changed his mind often during the VP discussions with his staff
(b) Teddy Roosevelt
(c) Harry Truman
(d) Adlai Stevenson
2. When dividing up Germany, what geographical descriptions did the Potsdam Conference use?
(a) Hitler's plan for domination
(b) The Germany of 1937
(c) Magellan's original docments
(d) The conquered lands of Germany
3. What was Truman's attitude towards running for Vice President?
(a) He did not want to
(b) He was afraid of running
(c) He did not have an opinion
(d) He was eager to run
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(b) Green Party
5. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name Truman gave his old car
(b) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(c) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(d) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
2. How old was Harry Truman when he arrived in Washington D.C. to assume his duties as a Senator?
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
4. Who was the most influential new friend Truman gained during his first term as Senator?
5. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)