|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Truman appoint as his Secretary of State?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt
(b) Henry Wallace
(c) Jimmy Byrnes
(d) Robert E. Lee
2. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
(a) The propellor pin he wore on his suit lapel during the campaign
(b) A trip the VP candidate took by airplane that was similar to the railway tour the President was making.
(c) It refers to the time in his campaign when his plane's propellor fell off
(d) Barkley's habit of propping himself against a bar to deliver speeches
3. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
(a) A baseball bat
(b) Offers of women
(c) Large amounts of cash
(d) Offers of wine
4. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
(a) Donkeys and Elephants
(b) Rats and Pigs
(c) Goats and Rabbits
(d) Hares and Turtles
5. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Truman choose to accompany him to meet the train bearing Roosevelt's body?
2. Who was in charge of the Soviet Union when Truman became President?
3. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
4. What is the name of the new organization of countries formed to keep the peace after the world war ends?
5. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)