1. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
(b) Southern Georgia
(c) Western Missouri
(d) Western Pennsylvania
2. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) George Bush
(d) George Washington
3. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
(a) Land of Enchantment
(b) Land of Milk and Honey
(c) Mormon Paradise
(d) Queen City of the Trails
4. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(c) Interstate Highway
5. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
(b) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(c) West Nile Fever and flu
(d) AIDS and herpes
6. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
7. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(b) There was no connection
(c) Bess's marriage to Harry
(d) Through Uncle Harrison
This section contains 4,930 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)