Part 1 Chapter 1
1. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
(a) Western Missouri
(b) Western Pennsylvania
(c) Southern Georgia
2. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) George Washington
(b) George Bush
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) Andrew Jackson
3. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
(a) Land of Enchantment
(b) Queen City of the Trails
(c) Mormon Paradise
(d) Land of Milk and Honey
4. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(b) Interstate Highway
5. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) West Nile Fever and flu
(b) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
(c) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(d) AIDS and herpes
6. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
7. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Through Uncle Harrison
(b) There was no connection
(c) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(d) Bess's marriage to Harry
This section contains 4,930 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)