|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Zeppelin and his friends take Popo for a picnic?
2. What Chinese year was Wittman born in?
3. What card game is Zeppelin playing when Wittman visits him?
4. What does Popo say Wittman's parent abandoned her like?
5. Why do Tasa and Wittman leave the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zeppelin say has happened to Popo?
2. What does Wittmann think has happened to Popo?
3. How does Zeppelin illustrate the cheapness of the Chang family?
4. What happens during the play's climax?
5. What role do Lance and the Young Yale Poet have in Wittman's play?
6. What does Wittman say to his mother on the phone?
7. What references does Wittman make to popular culture in Chapter 7?
8. What theater elements feature in Wittman's new play?
9. How does Wittman get himself and Tasa thrown out of the restaurant?
10. How does Wittman use character names to make a statement about stereotypes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Wittman's Chinese ethnicity affected one of the following areas in her life.
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Chinese and western culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way are her life and personality reflected in the book? How does she use the novel to express her views?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)