|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wittman get tangled in the sprockets of the bicycle?
2. Where do Monkey and his friends arrive after traveling for 1000 days?
3. What does Lance call his group of young businessmen?
4. Who of the following is not a winner of the party?
5. What special ingredient does Charles put in the omelet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Wittman encounter in the stockroom?
2. What does Wittman tell the Yale Younger Poet about his theater company?
3. What are Tasa's conditions for hers and Wittman's relationship?
4. How does Wittman stereotype Tasa?
5. Why does Wittman say he envies the Japanese?
6. What does Wittman tell Nanci about his life?
7. Who does Wittman tell Nanci he really is?
8. How does Gabe help out Wittman and Tasa?
9. What does Lance represent to Wittman?
10. What does Lance do for the winners of the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way are her life and personality reflected in the book? How does she use the novel to express her views?
Essay Topic 2
Kingston wrote TRIPMASTER MONKEY in 1990. Choose one of the following options and discuss how people's ideas about race and stereotyping have changed since then:
1) Television and film.
2) The workplace.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)