|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Steele's wife and son?
2. Who does Williams call while he is waiting for his plane?
3. Steele decides to join which type of group?
4. The pilot works for which airline?
5. What kills Tompkins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Williams' plan when he goes to London to look into Burton's death?
2. What was the big mistake made by the killers? What is Tompkins' recommendation for Williams?
3. Describe the setting of the first scene. Who is the character? What is the character doing?
4. Explain the exchange between Tompkins and Todd-Corthan. What does Todd-Corthan do after the meeting?
5. Why was Williams scheduled to go to London? What was the topic of the potential story there?
6. What surprises Barnes about the visit from Steele and Chloe? What is Barnes' reaction?
7. What shocking news is delivered by Plank? What is Williams' reaction? What is the reason for the news?
8. Where do Tompkins and Williams meet? What does Tompkins have to say about the potential conspiracy theory?
9. What issues does Steele think about while trying to absorb the events of recent hours?
10. Name at least one of the things discussed by Williams and Ritz.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chaim Rosenzweig created a revolutionary fertilization and irrigation method known as the Eden project. Do you think such a project is possible? If so, who might create it? How would it change the global dynamic? Do you think Rosenzweig is really in danger because of the success of the project? Discuss how it would alter the infrastructure and economic present of the countries in the Middle East.
Essay Topic 2
How might the story have changed if Rayford Steele had proceeded with the affair with Hattie Durham? How might Irene have reacted if she found out about Rayford's roving eye? Do you think Irene knew? Is Rayford right in assuming that Irene was too busy with her religious activities to notice anything else? Do you think Rayford was crying out for Irene's attention or did he truly believe that the marriage was in a downward spiral? Explain. Also discuss how Hattie reacted to Rayford's confession.
Essay Topic 3
Hattie becomes a valuable member of the Tribulation Force through her knowledge in various areas as well as her new conversion. Explain why Hattie's various types of training will be important in working with the Force. How might the training put Hattie in danger? Will Hattie's new found faith help or hinder her actions? How will Hattie's relationships with the members of the TF change?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)