|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes most of the contact with the people on the ground?
2. What has happened to Steele's wife and son?
3. Who is affiliated with this man?
4. Steele realizes that his feelings for Hattie are _____.
5. The new venture deals primarily with which object?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the conversation between Chloe and Williams as they fly to New York.
2. Discuss Carpathia's plans to change the key staff members at the United Nations.
3. Why was Williams scheduled to go to London? What was the topic of the potential story there?
4. What surprises Barnes about the visit from Steele and Chloe? What is Barnes' reaction?
5. What warning does Barnes give to Williams? What is Williams' reaction to the warning?
6. What violent result came from the prosperity of the Middle Eastern countries? Which country was responsible for initiating attacks on Israel?
7. What is the reason for Stonagal's death? Who commits the murder?
8. Barnes spends a great deal of time teaching Williams about what subject? How does Williams react?
9. Why is Hattie so eager to see Williams? What is Williams' reaction to Hattie's request?
10. What are some of the topics mentioned in the meeting between Carpathia and Williams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Israel is considered to be the center of the religious world by many. According to the text the country changed dramatically after being introduced to the Eden Project developed by Chaim Rosenzweig. Discuss how the country was turned into an agricultural nation. Also discuss the fact that Israel is also the site of many religious confrontations. How do the two mesh? Do the advancements in Israel make the country more valuable or make it more powerful? Does the country's new status create a threat to the world economy or Carpathia's mission? Explain. What does Israel have to fight off Carpathia that no other country has on its side? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Rayford Steele would have accepted Jesus as his personal savior if the Rapture had not occurred? Would Steele have converted if Irene and Raymie were two of the many left behind? How did the same experience affect Chloe? What might have happened to Chloe if Irene and Raymie had been left behind? Do you think it was the disappearance of the family members or the Rapture itself that affected Rayford and Chloe so deeply?
Essay Topic 3
One of the facts that continue to captivate Carpathia's followers is the resurrection. Explain resurrection and how it affected Carpathia. Do you believe Carpathia's resurrection was real? How did it occur? Do you think that resurrection is possible? How might it happen?
Explain the meaning of the Great Tribulation. How long is it supposed to last? What effect will it have on the members of the Tribulation Force? What effect will it have on Carpathia and his followers? Are the members of the Tribulation Force safe? Are there any guarantees that the organization will remain intact?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)