|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams try to hire from the airport?
2. What is the name of the pilot's wife?
3. What is the name of the church's pastor?
4. What is the name of the company where the man works?
5. What type of scholars is mentioned in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What phone messages are received by Williams? What is Williams' reaction? Why?
2. Where do Tompkins and Williams meet? What does Tompkins have to say about the potential conspiracy theory?
3. What is the result of the attack made by the world superpower? What action resulted from the attack?
4. Discuss Carpathia's plans to change the key staff members at the United Nations.
5. What are Chloe's concerns regarding her father's potential conversion? What is Chloe's opinion on making the conversion a family affair?
6. What shocking news is delivered by Plank? What is Williams' reaction? What is the reason for the news?
7. What was the big mistake made by the killers? What is Tompkins' recommendation for Williams?
8. Who is Hattie Durham? How is the woman described?
9. What happens immediately after the meeting between Tompkins and Williams?
10. What are some of the issues discussed in Plank's statements to the press?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the meaning of the Great Tribulation. How long is it supposed to last? What effect will it have on the members of the Tribulation Force? What effect will it have on Carpathia and his followers? Are the members of the Tribulation Force safe? Are there any guarantees that the organization will remain intact?
Essay Topic 2
Carpathia is known for his ability to give powerful and convincing speeches. In one instance Carpathia is asked to give a speech at the United Nations. What is the topic and how does it relate to Carpathia's master plan? What about Carpathia makes his speeches and presence so charismatic? How does the speech affect the people and their perception of Carpathia?
Essay Topic 3
Bruce Barnes has to face a professional crisis when he realizes that he has been left behind. Why is Barnes left behind? What is the professional crisis faced by Barnes? How might the obvious lack of faith affect Barnes' work? How might Barnes be able to get people to go to church if he has proven himself to be a non-believer? Do you think Barnes' boss knew about Barnes' lack of conviction? Explain how Barnes' lack of belief may have affected his job as a visitation pastor. Do you think Barnes can recover professionally from this crisis? Explain. Do you think the crisis will make Barnes quit the church or become stronger in his work? Explain.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)